Personal Finance

Are there independent insurance advisors?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 1:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4558 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto

Are there independent insurance advisors?

I've seen it often mentioned here i the forums that people should seek out the independent (by the hour) financial advisors. Is there an equivalent professional when it comes to insurance?

We spend a good chunk of $$ every year on a variety of insurance, how do we know we have the right or enough coverage? What was important to me 20 years ago, may not be the best choice for me now. Does anybody have any experience or suggestions in this area?
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3613 posts
2256 upvotes
Edmonton
ROYinTO wrote: I've seen it often mentioned here i the forums that people should seek out the independent (by the hour) financial advisors. Is there an equivalent professional when it comes to insurance?

We spend a good chunk of $$ every year on a variety of insurance, how do we know we have the right or enough coverage? What was important to me 20 years ago, may not be the best choice for me now. Does anybody have any experience or suggestions in this area?
Risk manager
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4558 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
starchoice wrote: Risk manager
Thanks. I know somebody that has that in their email signature. I didn't realize that is what they did. I'll touch base with them.
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.