Personal Finance

Is there a Mint.com substitute for Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2011 3:27 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 11, 2006
546 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm giving www.yodlee.com a try. Like it so far, waiting for a catch ;)

Anyone else using the service?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
zoober wrote: I'm giving www.yodlee.com a try. Like it so far, waiting for a cath ;)

Anyone else using the service?
I have my three bank accounts on it (very handy) but can't get my TD Visa's added. Once I do, I can give it a good try.
May 5, 2006
730 posts
156 upvotes
www.wesabe.com works reasonably well. And if you're paranoid, you can just upload your transaction files manually - no chance of them getting your bank log on info.
Aug 21, 2005
564 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
for ppl using ING, how did u guys get it working? i entered client # and password and it doesnt work?

also, anyone get cibc working?
Feb 6, 2008
664 posts
21 upvotes
I think most banks support Quicken or Microsoft Money. So you can do it that way. I wouldn't trust some 3rd party to store my financial info externally on a server. Especially if it's accessed online.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
tried quicken online with pcfinancial and ing direct and both failed
i think is a security breach
[QUOTE]there's no such thing as a stupid question unless it's a really stupid question - me[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3849 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
just signed up for quicken online. pc financial works just fine. you just have to search for "presidents choice" and not "pc financial". it added my checking, 2 savings accounts and pc mastercard. also works with my various rbc accounts.

i was gonna try yodlee but quicken has a native iphone app so i went with that instead.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1271 posts
113 upvotes
Yodlee worked great for BMO but keeps saying its having difficulties with PC Financial. It looks like the most flexible of the bunch though.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1437 posts
202 upvotes
Montreal
There is hope!

Q1 2010 maybe...

[quote]
Mint.com, the personal finance site that has racked up 1.4 million users in the U.S., might expand up north and across the pond early next year, according to its founder and CEO Aaron Patzer.

The Mountain View, Calif.-based startup tracks personal checking accounts, credit card spending and retirement portfolios to help users manage their finances. It recently raised $14 million in a third round of financing and launched features this week advising employees on how to roll over their retirement savings when switchinZg jobs. The company is one of Silicon Valley
Feb 19, 2008
415 posts
4 upvotes
Does using these services violate your agreement so that fraud is no longer covered? As I understand, if the bank finds out you gave your PIN to anyone, including a spouse, your on the hook for any fraudulent account activity.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3004 posts
504 upvotes
Alberta
squid wrote: Does using these services violate your agreement so that fraud is no longer covered? As I understand, if the bank finds out you gave your PIN to anyone, including a spouse, your on the hook for any fraudulent account activity.
You don't give your PIN out.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
3370 posts
343 upvotes
Brisbane
stevelam wrote: just signed up for quicken online. pc financial works just fine. you just have to search for "presidents choice" and not "pc financial". it added my checking, 2 savings accounts and pc mastercard. also works with my various rbc accounts.

i was gonna try yodlee but quicken has a native iphone app so i went with that instead.
I thought I would refresh this thread a bit.

Anyone have any luck with a Mint.com-like finance software/website that automatically downloads Royal Bank account info? I can't get it to work with RBC on mint.com.

Any other suggestions?
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3855 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
You shouldn't be surprised; mint.com says they don't support Canada yet.

Yodlee looks interesting. Wesabe doesn't seem to work with AMEX.
And there's always Quicken..
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
3370 posts
343 upvotes
Brisbane
simms wrote: You shouldn't be surprised; mint.com says they don't support Canada yet.

Yodlee looks interesting. Wesabe doesn't seem to work with AMEX.
And there's always Quicken..
I'm not surprised... that's why I asked if anyone has found an equivalent that works for RBC accounts. Uploading the bank activity seems so unnecessary.

Does Quicken automatically capture transactions? Do you know which product/how much? I searched and could not find one from quicken that works.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1940 posts
253 upvotes
Quicken is now Mint.... are you guys still able to access Canadian accounts through it? The only place I can find to sign up is through Mint.com now and that doesn't support Canada.
Apr 2, 2010
1 posts
Toronto,ON
Hi,

I just registered to Yodlee and it's working pretty good!
Only thing is i could not register my RBC visa...
I also tried to register citi mastercard but without success.
As for the checking account, savings etc...yodllee captured everyhting pretty quickly and accurately.
Yodlee is really easy to use.
Dec 26, 2007
21 posts
3 upvotes
Mint.com now works for me in Canada using my PC Financial account. It doesn't let me add my PC Mastercard or TD Canad Turst accounts yet, but it's an excellent start. It's really a magnificent tool - much better than Quicne Onine or Quicken, in my opinion (I've used both).