Personal Finance

Is there a Mint.com substitute for Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2011 3:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3004 posts
504 upvotes
Alberta
Any of these services handle BMO, MBNA, Questrade, and Citi? Mythical creature, this.
Jan 1, 2007
6 posts
I think I already posted it somewhere, but www.optimize.ca should have all Canadian accounts set up and running in a month time or even less (same as mint, but better). When I spoke to them, they said they would even support credit unions, just doing final touches right now. They currently have only few tools running, but mutual fund "instant saving" is a great tool (I used it a lot this month). Can't wait for the other tools.
Apr 12, 2009
409 posts
76 upvotes
So besides the one that is coming in the next month, what site works with pc?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2377 posts
326 upvotes
scouzer wrote: Any of these services handle BMO, MBNA, Questrade, and Citi? Mythical creature, this.

mint and yodlee both support BMO.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5105 posts
1981 upvotes
GuessKto wrote: I think I already posted it somewhere, but www.optimize.ca should have all Canadian accounts set up and running in a month time or even less (same as mint, but better). When I spoke to them, they said they would even support credit unions, just doing final touches right now. They currently have only few tools running, but mutual fund "instant saving" is a great tool (I used it a lot this month). Can't wait for the other tools.

no mobile app makes me sad
Feb 19, 2009
20 posts
Nanaimo, BC
thegradas wrote: And works great!

Just throwing it out there that I haven't been able to get it to work with my RBC accounts. It keeps telling me to visit the Royal Bank website to update some information with my bank. There is nothing to update. RBC can't or won't help me and Mint.com doesn't know what the issue is, so for now its no good.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1834 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
Same issue as the above but with BMO. I have TD, ING, CIBC and they all work fine. Even paypal does. But mint has a problem with BMO and for me it looks like its specifically because my mutual funds accounts is consolidate with my online banking acct.
Jun 11, 2009
300 posts
40 upvotes
is there a current/active list of all institutions supported by each of the aggregaor sites?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15995 posts
2301 upvotes
GTA
i think it's safer and easier to consolidate all my finances with one institution.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12037 posts
2189 upvotes
Mississauga
Since their latest website update last week, ING Direct no longer works with Mint.