Real Estate

Is there reason why the townhouses here are so cheap?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2016 11:51 am
Tags:
None
5 replies
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10015 posts
9724 upvotes
Markham
I am pretty sure that area is a little rough... those big rail lines behind the houses aren't helping either... and it's in Scarborough... so there's that.

It's only 2 bedrooms, it's probably a stacked townhouse, and it has maintenance fees.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14077 posts
9288 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Links don't work.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1449 upvotes
Brampton
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Links don't work.
+1 I thought it was just me lol
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
1186 posts
577 upvotes
TORONTO
The links are bogus....

But assuming you're talking about the Stacked townhomes in Scarborough/Malvern(Neilson & McLevin) it's because it's in Malven. I live with my in-laws nearby and did look at that area. Again, they're cheaper than most because it's a stacked townhouse and only 2 bedrooms. It's technically in Toronto but in an area that isn't the most appealing. Not to say that Malvern is a ghetto, though there are rough spots, it's not close to the Subway system/LRT. There are a lot of low income buildings in the area. The soil that was dumped there for the rail road tracks were once radioactive(brought in from Pickering/Ajax). The schools surrounding aren't the greatest in the city. All of these factors contributing to the low prices. Malvern is changing though, albeit not as fast as other gentrified areas of the city. But if the Subway/LRT transformation happens in the next decade the prices can possibly go through the roof.