Off Topic

There is a special place in hell for bullies and their parents that turn a blind eye

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 3:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1713 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto, ON

There is a special place in hell for bullies and their parents that turn a blind eye

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/bullied-boys- ... 13896.html

Kudos to this boy for speaking out against the ordeal. Happy to see UFC, Tennessee Titans football and rapper Cardi B all rally behind the bullied boy. The bullies with their parents should be tarred and feathered.
Dual XEON E5-2696V4 | ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |1 TB Samsung 960 Pro
FreeNAS & Plex Server XEON E3 1265L V3 | Supermicro X10SAE | 16GB DDR3 ECC | 6 X 3TB HGST 7K4000 RAIDZ2 | 3 X 3TB HGST 7K4000 RAIDZ1
36 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9178 posts
509 upvotes
I dont even know how these kids handle it these days. One wrong move, it can instantly go on social media and become the laughing stock.

I really think parents should be held liable for this. Im talking hefty fines. A fine that will truly hurt their pockets and think twice on how they raise their children.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
185 upvotes
Bullies are dicks. It's extra tough for the kids who are meek and raised to be cooperative.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4163 posts
1667 upvotes
Mississauga
Bullying is a learned behaviour. One only need to look at the so-called adult role models in the bully’s life.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11282 posts
4569 upvotes
Toronto
glad to see celebs stepping up....bullying is horrible.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3902 posts
796 upvotes
They are not bullies if they do that to the guys bigger and stronger than them. But often that's not the case.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2328 posts
1028 upvotes
We will not get rid of bullies. They are a necessary part of life. The 2-3 years of being bullied as I transitioned from primary to middle school, taught me how to handle people in various contexts.

In primary school, despite hating to fight, I had to learn, because of bullies. It kept them at bay (sort of). In middle-high school, I beefed up and joined the track team, that turned into a clique with 4-5 other, beefed up kids. I had zero bullying issues, after that. I wouldn't call the bullies in my case cowards, because not many people in their right mind would pick a fight with a group of kids that routinely went to the gym, and some of whom had anger issues (b/c of the 'roids Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes).

There are bullies in adulthood, real world. The lessons I learned in school taught me to handle adult bullies. They will keep fighting you (not always physically), but if you cause them enough grief, they will back down, as I've forced others countless times to do.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2328 posts
1028 upvotes
Woman says ex-boyfriend assaulted her, but would not go into details to the reporter. Boyfriend gets a slap on the wrist, after pleading guilty. Now, woman is upset ex was not treated harshly, despite the (female) Judge's reasons for not going harsher on him - so that he can move on with his life and not have a criminal record stain on it. So, who is bullying who?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4771 posts
641 upvotes
mrweather wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 7:27 am
Bullying is a learned behaviour. One only need to look at the so-called adult role models in the bully’s life.
+1
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
185 upvotes
Let's be real, bullies don't like weakness. Nothing wrong with becoming more intimidating so they'll have second thoughts before choosing you as their target. However, there's nothing worse than seeing "nerds" turning out to be psychopaths later on in their life. “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster." - F. Nietzsche
Last edited by Dumbbelldore on Dec 11th, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2928 posts
1445 upvotes
Burlington
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 11:05 am
Woman says ex-boyfriend assaulted her, but would not go into details to the reporter. Boyfriend gets a slap on the wrist, after pleading guilty. Now, woman is upset ex was not treated harshly, despite the (female) Judge's reasons for not going harsher on him - so that he can move on with his life and not have a criminal record stain on it. So, who is bullying who?
This quote was absolutely gold.

"He shouldn't be able to just go off and go get a career … when what he did was wrong. He should be getting punished."

So basically she feels justice would be the system ensuring he can't contribute to society in any meaningful way.

The real lesson to be learned is that life isn't fair. Move on with your life lady.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4487 posts
561 upvotes
Ottawa
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 11:17 am
Let's be real, bullies don't like weakness. Nothing wrong with becoming more intimidating so they'll have second thoughts before choosing you as their target. However, there's nothing worse than seeing "nerds" turning out to be psychopaths later on in their life. “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster." - F. Nietzsche
Not to mention that most bullying nowadays isn't the bigger kid pushing around the smaller kid. It's a lot more complicated than that.

Social media is generally a good thing, but one of the negative aspects is that it has made bullying way worse.
Banned
Dec 10, 2017
4 posts
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 12:29 pm
Not to mention that most bullying nowadays isn't the bigger kid pushing around the smaller kid. It's a lot more complicated than that.

Social media is generally a good thing, but one of the negative aspects is that it has made bullying way worse.
And you cant go home from school at the end of the day and have it end. It can go on 24 x 7.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22287 posts
2549 upvotes
Montreal
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 11:05 am
Reminds of that awful show "ORVILLE" that was hatched this season. Besides being an utter rip off, they did have a memorable episode where they visit a planet where justice is handed out on social media by likes and dislikes.

A society where direct democracy has devolved to its fullest, and unwashed mobs determine facts based on polling numbers, and justice is meted out driven only by base instincts. Our future in a nutshell.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Dec 11th, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Blasphemy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5909 posts
2629 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 1:18 pm
Reminds of that God awful show "ORVILLE" that was hatched this season. Besides being an utter rip off, they did have a memorable episode where they visit a planet where justice is handed out on social media by likes and dislikes.

A society where direct democracy has devolved to its fullest, and unwashed mobs determine facts based on polling numbers, and justice is meted out driven only by base instincts. Our future in a nutshell.
Yup, saw that episode (and FTR I like the show...) and also thought that it's a glimpse into our future if not, to some degree, our present. One doesn't have to look too far to see examples today of somebody making an otherwise innocuous mistake and getting absolutely roasted by "(anti-)social" media purveyors of "justice".