Home & Garden

Is there a store for bigger selection of screws, washers, etc... ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2018 12:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2136 posts
504 upvotes
Milton, Ontario

Is there a store for bigger selection of screws, washers, etc... ?

Always looking for some screws, washers, posts that I can't find in HD or Lowes.
Is there a store in GTA that carries bigger range of such items ?
Or is everything online now ?

For example looking for tiny screw extenders this time
7 replies
Oct 7, 2007
612 posts
158 upvotes
Markham
Lowes has a better selection than Home Depot. For other very specific things, you can use brafasco but they would need to order as they don’t stock a lot in store.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6725 posts
2300 upvotes
GTA
Fastenal or Acklands Grainger.....walk in, tell them you work for a large close-by company but are buying for personal use.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10213 posts
5439 upvotes
Paris
Lowes weird drawers in store have a lot of stuff, but I don’t recall seeing screw extenders in there.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4764 posts
2353 upvotes
Toronto
toyopl wrote: For example looking for tiny screw extenders this time
Without something to compare the size to, "tiny" makes me think of the extenders used in computers. Have you tried a local shop that does computer repairs?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1393 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
Your picture is from fastenal try there
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2787 upvotes
Our local hardware store used to carry a huge variety of screws, bolts, fasteners etc in aisle full of drawers. They maintained it through several changes of franchise, while under the same ownership. Eventually the ended up as a Rona store, and got rid of it all and replaced it with the usual small selection of mostly packaged and overpriced stuff. I ran into the owner one day in the aisle and asked him why they didn't carry that nice selection any more, and he just shrugged and said "the store makes money selling $100 tools and $1000 appliances. It doesn't make money selling 5 cent fasteners.".