Cell Phones

Are there such things like rectangular glass screen protectors?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2018 11:45 am
[OP]
Jun 22, 2009
975 posts
303 upvotes
Kitchener

Are there such things like rectangular glass screen protectors?

Hi everyone!

I have ZTE Axon (A1R) and fitted glass protector doesn't work for me - the capacitive buttons refuse to work under glass unless I touch back of the phone the same time.

So, I try to find simple rectangular glass protector so I can put over screen only. The size is 122-124x70.

I tried to find it on eBay and AliExpress but no luck...

Anyone?

Thanks
Слава Україні!
9 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20766 posts
8984 upvotes
Toronto
The axon and axon pro have the exact same chassis. Try searching for the pro model as well. Some eBay sellers show pictures of the phones. So try to match one that looks like the axon or axon pro. I know a few colleagues who have the axon. I will ask if they purchased their screen protector locally or on eBay.
[OP]
Jun 22, 2009
975 posts
303 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks!
Yes, I know about Axon and Pro - I bought my case like that.

This capacitive buttons issue drives me crazy! I have a friend with Axon - same problem...

I cut clear plastic protector for the screen only but it doesn't last long (have to carry the phone in the pocket at work).

Thanks again!
will888 wrote: The axon and axon pro have the exact same chassis. Try searching for the pro model as well. Some eBay sellers show pictures of the phones. So try to match one that looks like the axon or axon pro. I know a few colleagues who have the axon. I will ask if they purchased their screen protector locally or on eBay.
Слава Україні!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3497 posts
1262 upvotes
Woodbridge
Could you measure and score your existing glass one with a razer and then cut it to size?

Edit - hmm, maybe don't try this. It seems tempered glass can't be cut.
[OP]
Jun 22, 2009
975 posts
303 upvotes
Kitchener
Yes, I tried. And yes, it shattered in small pieces :( Abd yes, I read first that it couldn't be done but tried anyway :)
jvnanu wrote: Could you measure and score your existing glass one with a razer and then cut it to size?

Edit - hmm, maybe don't try this. It seems tempered glass can't be cut.
Слава Україні!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Zhopa wrote: Hi everyone!

I have ZTE Axon (A1R) and fitted glass protector doesn't work for me - the capacitive buttons refuse to work under glass unless I touch back of the phone the same time.

So, I try to find simple rectangular glass protector so I can put over screen only. The size is 122-124x70.

I tried to find it on eBay and AliExpress but no luck...

Anyone?

Thanks
I had the same problem with an off brand cell. I went over to Pacific Mall of TO. Ask one of the many shops to search it. The first shop tried 4 close ones. They found one almost matching 100% my phone.. That cost $10
They have thousand of them in clear plastic. It was very easy for them to match
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16462 posts
5159 upvotes
London
Princess auto sells pdl universal tempered glass protector (sku 8702110) for $7. Search “assorted tempered glass phone screen protectors “
[OP]
Jun 22, 2009
975 posts
303 upvotes
Kitchener
Great ideas, thanks guys!
danieltoronto wrote: I had the same problem with an off brand cell. I went over to Pacific Mall of TO. Ask one of the many shops to search it. The first shop tried 4 close ones. They found one almost matching 100% my phone.. That cost $10
They have thousand of them in clear plastic. It was very easy for them to match
l69norm wrote: Princess auto sells pdl universal tempered glass protector (sku 8702110) for $7. Search “assorted tempered glass phone screen protectors “
Слава Україні!