Cell Phones

Is there a way to transfer text messages from android to ios? Or at least back them up to word of some sort?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2020 10:51 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5436 posts
1841 upvotes

Is there a way to transfer text messages from android to ios? Or at least back them up to word of some sort?

Question is in topic
7 replies
Jun 4, 2007
765 posts
105 upvotes
I don't know about moving the texts to iOS but for simply backing then up, I've used SMS Backup & Restore a few times (every time I changed my phone). They are backed up to an XML file. The restore (to another Android device) works great as well.
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5436 posts
1841 upvotes
mfrania wrote: I don't know about moving the texts to iOS but for simply backing then up, I've used SMS Backup & Restore a few times (every time I changed my phone). They are backed up to an XML file. The restore (to another Android device) works great as well.
If they are backed up to an xml file, is there an easy way to read them?
Jun 4, 2007
765 posts
105 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: If they are backed up to an xml file, is there an easy way to read them?
XML files are text files so you can open them with a text editor and read them. There are also online converters which will let you convert the files into various formats.
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5436 posts
1841 upvotes
mfrania wrote: XML files are text files so you can open them with a text editor and read them. There are also online converters which will let you convert the files into various formats.
Thanks!

I have another question. Is there a way to restore whatsapp history using google drive rather than idrive?
Jun 4, 2007
765 posts
105 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: I have another question. Is there a way to restore whatsapp history using google drive rather than idrive?
That I wouldn't know, sorry.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19511 posts
583 upvotes
Shanghai, China
mfrania wrote: I don't know about moving the texts to iOS but for simply backing then up, I've used SMS Backup & Restore a few times (every time I changed my phone). They are backed up to an XML file. The restore (to another Android device) works great as well.
When you restore it to another Android device, were there any formatting issues?
Jun 4, 2007
765 posts
105 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: When you restore it to another Android device, were there any formatting issues?
No, nothing that stood out.