Thermapen MK4 - $69.00 - 30% off

Deal Link:
Price:
$69.00
Savings:
30%
Retailer:
Thermoworks
Lowest price ever for the Thermapen MK4.

Could have got this deal a month ago but had to buy 2. This is a great instant read thermometer.
Last edited by SoulBrotherNo3 on May 18th, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
155 replies
Oct 13, 2014
250 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal especially considering the strong CAD!
Jan 20, 2017
111 posts
63 upvotes
rellybelly wrote: Yeah looks like USD and $10 shipping via Fedex.. so $79 USD

Is it 5x better than an Amazon one like this? https://www.amazon.ca/Digital-Instant-R ... 065&sr=8-7
Having owned a Thermapen for a few years now to compare to cheaper models, I can say its a lot better build, more accurate and faster than the cheaper ones like you've posted.
AKA Bum_Gravey. Not sure why I can't log in to that account anymore...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1296 posts
1478 upvotes
Price/Value proposition never works at the high end segment.
I’m led to believe this is the best of the best.
Oct 5, 2010
48 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
Can someone educate me on why I should choose this over a $20 one?

Edit - as my phone was struggling to post I see someone above had the same question lol
Jan 20, 2017
111 posts
63 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Price/Value proposition never works at the high end segment.
I’m led to believe this is the best of the best.
Fair. Both will have their place. I found I was replacing the cheaper ones about once a year (sometimes more often) for various reasons but the Thermapen has been going strong for me for at least 6 years now. If you figure even at $20 a pop for a cheap one, I'm a little further ahead right now cost wise.
AKA Bum_Gravey. Not sure why I can't log in to that account anymore...
[OP]
Jan 25, 2013
162 posts
111 upvotes
Whitby
rellybelly wrote: Yeah looks like USD and $10 shipping via Fedex.. so $79 USD

Is it 5x better than an Amazon one like this? https://www.amazon.ca/Digital-Instant-R ... 065&sr=8-7
I wasn't sure either before I bought mine. When I did research on how good this was compared to the less expensive ones, I decided I wanted to have one.
Not for everyone for sure but it is the top tier instant read thermometer at the lowest price it's been.
Feb 5, 2011
19 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I have owned a number of ~$20 thermometers over the years. I finally splurged on this when it was last on sale and I am so happy I did.

With every other mean thermometer I've used, you have to estimate where the thickest part is to get the internal temperature, and then wait a second or two for it to settle on the final number. With the Thermapen, the readout changes much more quickly. You can see it drop as you move towards the thickest part and then start to rise back up as you pass through it towards the other side. It has been a game changer.
Feb 14, 2006
726 posts
809 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Includes all local taxes, duty and transportation charges. No additional fees to pay the carrier when the package arrives. All packages are insured and include a FedEx tracking number. Choose "FedEx Canada" as the shipping method. (Canada only)

That's nice.
Last edited by Ruciz on May 18th, 2021 11:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dec 24, 2017
751 posts
1601 upvotes
lel
Damn, I thought this was a vape pen
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Sep 25, 2009
597 posts
473 upvotes
i must tell myself i dont cook for a living... i can live with cheaper alternative with slower read, may be not super acuurate temperature........
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1626 posts
448 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Watch import fees with this. $70USD is definitely going to be hit. Fedex will deliver your item then mail you an invoice weeks later for the few dollars in taxes and likely $40 in handling, advances, brokerage admin, fee collection and of course invoicing you. if you don't pay that expect it to go to collections.
I bought from them twice and never got charged import fee. This is the lowest I've seen. Since you are paying for shipping, get the glow in the dark boot with magnet. It protects it and can stick on to metal.
This is for more serious cooks. Do you need this? No. Do you want it? Yes.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15333 posts
6750 upvotes
Ottawa
Yup, it includes local taxes and fees so no surprise from Fedex. It arrived pretty quick too.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Feb 14, 2006
726 posts
809 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
jon604 wrote: I bought from them twice and never got charged import fee. This is the lowest I've seen. Since you are paying for shipping, get the glow in the dark boot with magnet. It protects it and can stick on to metal.
This is for more serious cooks. Do you need this? No. Do you want it? Yes.
They offer an all in ship method in their site making that whole post pointless and useless. It's $10USD ship end of story. I even removed the post.
Aug 10, 2010
521 posts
478 upvotes
After reading all the posts, am I correct to say that this is better because:
* Both cheap and MK4 are user calibratable, but MK4 has been tested with calibration certificate. (thanks warpdrive)
* MK4 is almost instant read
* MK4 is more accurate
* MK4 is more durable
* MK4 is IP67 while others are IP65
Last edited by shoppingsheep on May 19th, 2021 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 8, 2008
357 posts
476 upvotes
gatineau
MischaLevine wrote: I have owned a number of ~$20 thermometers over the years. I finally splurged on this when it was last on sale and I am so happy I did.
Same. I've had multiple cheap ones because "what's the difference?". haha. boy did my mind change when I finally picked one of these up on a sale a few years ago.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15333 posts
6750 upvotes
Ottawa
shoppingsheep wrote: After reading all the posts, am I correct to say that this is better because:
* Cheap one has calibration, but this one is always accurate.
* MK4 is almost instant read
* MK4 is more accurate
* MK4 is more durable
what do you mean? Mk4 has calibration certificate and also is user calibratable.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Aug 31, 2003
743 posts
211 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Purchased, thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)