Expired Hot Deals

ThermoWorks

LAST DAY. All-Time Low. ThermoWorks Thermapen ONE. Instant-Read Thermometer - 84 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast

LAST DAY. All-Time Low. ThermoWorks Thermapen ONE. Instant-Read Thermometer - 84 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
84 USD
Savings:
Retailer:
ThermoWorks
There have been multiple threads on the last-gen Mk4 and these thermometers are highly regarded as the industry standard. Sure there are cheaper options, not here to debate that, but these are a beast and you know you've got the best when buying one of these. This is the lowest price since the ONE was released a few months ago.

Specs as per ThermoWorks:
ONE. Second. Readings.
* Thermapen ONE almost moves at the speed of thought...allowing you to focus exclusively on the quality of your work.
More Accurate
* With an improved accuracy spec of ± 0.5°F (± 0.3°C), you’ll know your lightning fast Thermapen ONE readings are always accurate, as well.
Brighter Backlight
* The automatic backlight is brighter and the light sensor is more sensitive to changes in ambient lighting conditions.
5-Year Warranty
* The newly designed rugged, waterproof case features a 5-year warranty against defects.

Of note, the Mk4, which was regarded as the best in class for years before the ONE came out, is on clearance for 69 USD. This clearance price has been on for a while now, but figured I'd mention it since it might interest people, but for 15 bucks more, I don't see why anyone would buy the Mk4 over the ONE. The link to the Mk4 is https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4

You can also get 10% off your first order if you sign up for their email, but keep in mind that only works for regular priced items, so it won't stack with either the ONE or Mk4 sales.

Canadian shipping is 9.99 USD, and as per ThermoWorks: Includes all local taxes, duty and transportation charges. No additional fees to pay the carrier when the package arrives. All packages are insured and include a FedEx tracking number. Choose "FedEx Canada" as the shipping method. (Canada only)
thermapen-one_Red.jpg
Last edited by Richfields on Oct 25th, 2021 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best meat thermometers!
73 replies
Dec 1, 2016
116 posts
133 upvotes
calgary alberta
Have one and love it.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
1593 posts
980 upvotes
Etobicoke
I've been debating buying the MK4 on sale for the last few days but I can't convince myself to go through with it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast
NoFrillBill wrote: I've been debating buying the MK4 on sale for the last few days but I can't convince myself to go through with it.
Is grab the ONE instead at this point. 15 bucks more for a quicker response time, better accuracy, better backlight, and a 5yr warranty vs the 2yr on the Mk4. I was leaning towards the Mk4 initially, but when I saw the sale and the price difference vs the benefits, seems like the ONE is a no-brainer. When not on sale, that's different, but right now I'd jump on the ONE and know you're set for years.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1920 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
I have the MK4 and love it. Not sure i need this one, but tempting nonetheless.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast
afong636807717107645200 wrote: https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4

they are closing out the last two colours of the mk4 for $69usd--that's $30 off. . .
not sure this is a hot deal, fwiw
I mentioned it in my OP, but good to single it out too as it's a deal, although it's not nearly as good when the newer model is also on sale.
Last edited by Richfields on Oct 21st, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast
Ordered last night at 2338 PST, and just got my email that the order has shipped. Impressive!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1789 posts
565 upvotes
NoFrillBill wrote: I've been debating buying the MK4 on sale for the last few days but I can't convince myself to go through with it.
Get one and don't look back. It will stop you from thinking about it. I think of mine as a lifetime thermometer and knowing it's accurate.

I wish this version was on sale before I got my MK4.
Jan 19, 2013
68 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty sure 20% is the max the go for current gen products. I picked one up in September at 18% off.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast
moneybagsdupe wrote: Pretty sure 20% is the max the go for current gen products. I picked one up in September at 18% off.
I agree. I hadn't seen anything higher than 18% until today.
Nov 27, 2019
38 posts
24 upvotes
Best in the business. Already have two mk4’s so don’t really need this but I’ll buy one for my buddy
Jul 13, 2016
184 posts
365 upvotes
What's the advantage of this $84 on sale thermometer, compared to a cheaper alternative like even the $35 ThermoPop? This is more accurate, but do I need accuracy greater than 1 degree? I can't fathom why I ever would. It's two seconds faster at reading - do I need that? For $50, I think I'd rather spend the two seconds. Any compelling reasons I'm missing?
Nov 27, 2019
38 posts
24 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: What's the advantage of this $84 on sale thermometer, compared to a cheaper alternative like even the $35 ThermoPop? This is more accurate, but do I need accuracy greater than 1 degree? I can't fathom why I ever would. It's two seconds faster at reading - do I need that? For $50, I think I'd rather spend the two seconds. Any compelling reasons I'm missing?
I’ve never used the ThermoPop but I imagine it’s pretty good as well. Personally this is something I’ve been using everyday for years so I have no issue forking over the extra $50 for the better product. Sometimes those few extra seconds over a blazing hot grill aren’t too fun lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast
soupmaster666 wrote: What's the advantage of this $84 on sale thermometer, compared to a cheaper alternative like even the $35 ThermoPop? This is more accurate, but do I need accuracy greater than 1 degree? I can't fathom why I ever would. It's two seconds faster at reading - do I need that? For $50, I think I'd rather spend the two seconds. Any compelling reasons I'm missing?
As Weasel7 outlined, there is no "NEED" for this specific unit, but having used many various cheaper alternatives, including reputable ones that still sometimes go awry, I figured it was time to get the best and be done with it. I agree it's pricey and many more cost-effective options are out there, but seeing as many people have used and abused their Mk4's for over 6 years and it's still as good as new, I feel confident this is a fair investment. There's a reason these are widely recognized as the industry standard in restaurants and kitchens.

Ultimately, the Thermopop is a well-regarded unit and will serve you well, but there is something to be said about having the best in the business and a much longer warranty to boot.
Jun 27, 2017
316 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. Now to decide on a color and get the magnetic holder too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast
TheCheapCDN wrote: Thanks OP. Now to decide on a color and get the magnetic holder too.
I went with the neon/lime green. Figured it'd go well with the semi-translucent silicone, especially since it's glow in the dark and nearing Halloween.
Jun 27, 2017
316 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
I have completed my purchase. I was waiting for the black Friday sale next month as I knew it will go on sale then so I'm happy to get it early.
With the Magnetic Silicone Boot my total came to $106.99 USD and my Visa charged me $135.72 CAD.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1897 posts
1280 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the original, then the MK4....

neither are broken. It was already a justification to get the mk4 (I use the original at my parents) but how can i justify this one?! hmmmmmmmmm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2077 upvotes
West Coast
Richfields wrote: Ordered last night at 2338 PST, and just got my email that the order has shipped. Impressive!
Further to my shipping notice, I just checked my tracking number and it will be here on Monday. Three business days for an out-of-country order is impressive! Those who ordered today could reasonably expect theirs on Tuesday or Wednesday.