Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Thermoworks

Thermapen Mk 4 cooking thermometer - ~$100 CAD all-in (only grey colour is on sale for $69.99 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2021 9:55 am
Nov 1, 2012
463 posts
624 upvotes
Markham
I've got the lavatools javelin pro and my uncle has the thermoworks Mk4. Used both and they're both great, but I wish that they had an easier way to toggle between C° and F°.
May 11, 2018
299 posts
265 upvotes
Mtl
It's a great food thermometer, if you have the $$ to spend for that, it's the one to get!
Mar 17, 2015
333 posts
292 upvotes
Winnipeg
Robbo wrote: I too have issues with the accuracy of my ThermoPro wireless kits however, it is a completely different company from Thermapen
Sorry, to be clear I was pointing out how/why cheaper probes may have issues beyond just "1-2 degrees" off.

The Thermoworks products are much more expensive but they are built to last.
Jun 18, 2005
327 posts
34 upvotes
Thornhill
Have had mine for 6 years now. Use it pretty much ever other day. When or if this one dies I don't care, ill just buy a brand new one at full price....amazing product made in the UK....
*Insert witty comment*
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6818 posts
567 upvotes
mod_o_matic wrote: Have had mine for 6 years now. Use it pretty much ever other day. When or if this one dies I don't care, ill just buy a brand new one at full price....amazing product made in the UK....
If you are cooking stuff every other day that requires a meat thermometer for 6 years, and you can't tell when its done without using the thermometer, you are doing something wrong and/or not paying attention.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4248 posts
297 upvotes
GVA
bionicbadger wrote: If you are cooking stuff every other day that requires a meat thermometer for 6 years, and you can't tell when its done without using the thermometer, you are doing something wrong and/or not paying attention.
I totally disagree. Most people, even those that cook a lot, habitually cook the living crap out of their food as they can't really tell. A good instant read thermometer should be one of the first things you buy after some decent pot and pans and such.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
bionicbadger wrote: If you are cooking stuff every other day that requires a meat thermometer for 6 years, and you can't tell when its done without using the thermometer, you are doing something wrong and/or not paying attention.
Have you ever tried measuring the temps of a pot of water on your stove? Stoves are terrible at reaching a consistent temperature, even if you set the exact same heat level every time. And then there are things you just can't eyeball:
https://www.seriouseats.com/2018/05/why ... asons.html
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3017 upvotes
Toronto
Dumb question...but can one use an infrared-gun with the same accuracy as a probe?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
blindemboss wrote: Dumb question...but can one use an infrared-gun with the same accuracy as a probe?
Only if you are sure the outside is the same temperature as the inside. So, no.
(and not a dumb question)
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4658 posts
567 upvotes
have had mine for 5+ years wouldnt hesitate to buy another, worth every penny.
Oct 19, 2008
454 posts
692 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
blindemboss wrote: Dumb question...but can one use an infrared-gun with the same accuracy as a probe?
No. In fact there is another model of Thermapen that includes the probe on on end and an IR on the other. You use them for different things.
Oct 19, 2008
454 posts
692 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I know professional chefs that have their thermometer on them at all times. When you can make somebody sick, you check the temp.
Dec 26, 2010
293 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like there’s a lot of knowledgeable folks in here - for someone who doesn’t want to spend $100, can anyone suggest a more budget friendly option amongst the sea of Amazon alternatives? Doesn’t have to be Amazon either.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
jasonarroyo wrote: Seems like there’s a lot of knowledgeable folks in here - for someone who doesn’t want to spend $100, can anyone suggest a more budget friendly option amongst the sea of Amazon alternatives? Doesn’t have to be Amazon either.
Thermopop seems pretty good for a budget friendly alternative. $40 cad + tax if you can find them in stores. Not on Amazon though.
Jan 21, 2021
505 posts
664 upvotes
I was going to get this model because it’s the “best” but like someone said, I think there are real diminishing returns here.

I bought the Thermopro Dash for $30 and it’s honestly amazing. Fast and accurate.

Also got the time stick trio which is great. And a few trivets.

I got the smoke but didn’t start using it yet. Waiting for bbq season!

(Had to get good value on that 9.99 shipping as you can tell)
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2471 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op! In for one in the grey colour since the white colour is sold out.

Grey colour is on sale too, $69.00
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2442 posts
1043 upvotes
jasonarroyo wrote: Seems like there’s a lot of knowledgeable folks in here - for someone who doesn’t want to spend $100, can anyone suggest a more budget friendly option amongst the sea of Amazon alternatives? Doesn’t have to be Amazon either.
If you cook a lot, save your nickels and you won't regret getting this mk4. It's the gold standard. Otherwise most ppl get the javelin or the thermopro tp19. I also have the thermopop because thermoworks stuff seem to be made better. Looks nice and easily fits in pockets (not in pant pocket please).
If you work in a professional kitchen, I wouldn't leave nice knives or the mk4 unattended.
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
13inches wrote: Upvoted for a good price.

For $35+tax cheaper than buying locally I think I'm gonna support a local business instead.
Local business as China? lmaoo.
Canada does not manufacture such widget so supporting local won't apply here.
plus, not all items sold on amazon.ca is from Canada
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
swordy wrote: Local business as China? lmaoo.
Canada does not manufacture such widget so supporting local won't apply here.
plus, not all items sold on amazon.ca is from Canada
I think he means buying the mk4 from a local retailer and supporting them...
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
One prime rib roast ruined by an unreliable thermometer almost pays for this. Ask me how I know!
I’ve had this thing for 5 years and it’s quick and spot on every time.
Last edited by iddqd85 on Feb 25th, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)