Price:
USD 74.25
Savings:
25%
Expiry:
July 22, 2020
Retailer:
Thermoworks
Good price on Thermapens considering almost all colors are actually available. A few other ATK top rated ThermoWorks wares are 25% off including the ThermoPop for $25.50.

You can sign up Thermoworks' email to get 10% discount code (unique, the code should arrive in couple minutes and only apply to regular priced item) if you need buy some small things (e.g. accessories) to tag along.

Edit: the invite for signing up email for 10% code popup may have been gone and the sale ended as well.
Last edited by shimh on Jul 23rd, 2020 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
36 replies
May 2, 2010
354 posts
234 upvotes
Thanks OP. Looks like I could possibly use USPS for $3.99 to ship? FedEx will hammer me, I’m sure, which duties and taxes and totally unreasonable brokerage fee.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
530 posts
222 upvotes
hotski7 wrote: Thanks OP. Looks like I could possibly use USPS for $3.99 to ship? FedEx will hammer me, I’m sure, which duties and taxes and totally unreasonable brokerage fee.
https://www.thermoworks.com/shipping-info

Special - Canada Discounted Service - Now Starting At Only $9.99
Includes all local taxes, duty and transportation charges. No additional fees to pay the carrier when the package arrives. All packages are insured and include a FedEx tracking number. Choose "FedEx Canada" as the shipping method. (Canada only)

No worry about tax and fee. All already covered.

USPS method is US only.
Dec 23, 2015
368 posts
238 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Why would I pay $75 for a food thermometer vs $25 for one off amazon?
Jan 25, 2010
274 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
syntaxerror wrote: Why would I pay $75 for a food thermometer vs $25 for one off amazon?
Why would I buy a Mercedes when I can buy a Corolla?

[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
530 posts
222 upvotes
syntaxerror wrote: Why would I pay $75 for a food thermometer vs $25 for one off amazon?
Beside some subjective factors (such as brand name, durability, some convenience features), the benefits which could impact cooking performance include maybe close-to-real-time reading (easy to find the lowest temperature in the measured food) and only 3 mm insertion depth needed for properly registering temperature (more variety of food (e.g. fish fillet) can be measured). Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2970 posts
923 upvotes
This is the best thermometer you can get and will last forever. Do yourself a favour and don’t bother with the cheaper ones. They are ok but this is the best.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
530 posts
222 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: Funny that when you go to the Thermoworks website, other than the link posted above by the OP, it’s selling for $99 +shipping.
It is a one-day sale offered by American Test Kitchen (I believe ATK has this kind of sale couple times a year). That's why it is not advertised on Thermoworks' page.
Dec 24, 2017
329 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
Missed out on the last 25% sale. Will pick one this time. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
797 upvotes
Damn OP. Made me spend. Getting a thermopop and a boot for my mk4 since I have to pay for shipping. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7414 posts
3578 upvotes
Canuckland
How durable are they? Looks as cheap as the ones in amazon

Also, nowhere does it mention if customs are included
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7414 posts
3578 upvotes
Canuckland
DealCanuck wrote: How durable are they? Looks as cheap as the ones in amazon

Here it is
Special - Canada Discounted Service - Now Starting At Only $9.99
Includes all local taxes, duty and transportation charges. No additional fees to pay the carrier when the package arrives. All packages are insured and include a FedEx tracking number. Choose "FedEx Canada" as the shipping method. (Canada only)
Mar 26, 2004
379 posts
276 upvotes
Ottawa
DealCanuck wrote: How durable are they? Looks as cheap as the ones in amazon

Well I'd like the backlight of the MK4 but my old version won't die after 12 years. And it's still dead on accurate.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2378 posts
2038 upvotes
Ontario
The javelin off Amazon is very good.
To answer your question about why a high end one is needed, screw up a $100 brisket and you'll understand why we use these.
Aug 27, 2006
255 posts
118 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Thank OP! Just ordered a Thermopop, been wanting one for a good while now. Can't justify the extra for the Thermapen (for now...)