Expired Hot Deals

[Thermoworks] Thermoworks Thermapen Mk4 temperature probe (Open Box) - $76 (Reg $99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 6:32 pm
[OP]
May 10, 2006
89 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto

Thermoworks Thermapen Mk4 temperature probe (Open Box) - $76 (Reg $99)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
23% off
Retailer:
Thermoworks
Not sure how often these offers go up. I've been eyeing these for a while and waiting for a discount. Arguably the best thermopen on the market. I just bought one, was charged $9.99 shipping to Toronto. Hope this helps someone looking for these.
We have accumulated a small number of Thermapen Mk4s here (and from the factory in England) that, for various reasons, we will not sell as new units. Open Box Includes:
sales demos
customer returns
cosmetic seconds
slightly damaged packaging
refurbished units

Open Box: $76.00 ea.
Normally: $99.00 ea.

While not the same as new, all units are like-new and include the full warranty. They also include instructions, the Thermapen User's Guidebook, and a calibration certificate. In most cases, you won't be able to differentiate these from new stock.

Please note, the Thermapen Mk4 is the newest version. This private sale does not include the Classic Thermapen.

Offer limited to colors and stock on hand.This is a private sale for our email subscribers, but you are welcome to forward the link to friends and family.
Last edited by whileheavenwept on Feb 8th, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
80 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2661 posts
362 upvotes
Buy this. Best thermometer on the market
Jul 31, 2004
273 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
I own 3 thermoworks probes, 2 thermo pops and an older thermoworks probe. When I tested mine against a $15 probe I bought off amazon there was a difference of 5 degrees. If 'close enough' is good enough for you then the amazon one should be fine. All 3 of my thermoworks probes are within a half a degree or less of each other, my oldest probe is 5-6 years older than the thermo pops and the readings are still the same after all this time. The thermoworks probes are expensive so if you need an accurate reading then that's that difference.
Jul 31, 2004
273 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
bryonfriesen wrote: Is the price cdn or US?

Bryon
If you're ordering off thermoworks website it's USD.
Mar 10, 2012
661 posts
1038 upvotes
PEACHLAND
Bella125 wrote: Don't be a sucker, if you're not a scientist buy this!
https://www.amazon.ca/ThermoPro-Digital ... ape&sr=8-1
The read time is substantially different. I have that one, and this https://www.amazon.ca/Lavatools-Thermow ... 722&sr=8-2

The second one is MUCH better build quality and reads the temperature much faster. The Thermopro is flimsy and feels very cheap (which makes sense, since it is) Very happy with the Lavatools one. The other one works okay, but will be moved to the RV in the spring where I don't need to use it as much. No buttons to turn on the Lavatools pen, whereas the Thermopro requires a button press. Simple things, but it makes a difference when using it
Last edited by 2003fxdl on Feb 8th, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2016
79 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
These things are amazing - I have one and have given a couple to family as gifts, everyone loves them.

If you're serious about cooking, this thing is a no brainer - it's so much faster and more accurate than other options. The Mk4 is especially good as the screen is a bit bigger and auto-rotates, making it easier to see from any angle (for example when testing something in the oven).

If you're looking for something cheaper, get the ThermoWorks ThermoPop, not the cheap knockoff mentioned above.

Wirecutter Review
Jan 27, 2009
181 posts
159 upvotes
Ottawa
Amazing, i’ve been waiting on a sale on the mk4 since my wife left my 8 year old non-waterproof thermapen our in the rain.
Darryl
Apr 21, 2009
110 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
Love my Thermapen!
Big advantages compared to others like the one linked previously :
  • Quick reading (2-3 sec compared to 4-7sec.. doesnt seems a big difference but it is...)
  • IP-67 waterproof
  • Auto-Rotating display
  • Intelligent backlight
  • Very accurate!
Then again.. up to you if you want to pay for these advantages
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1729 posts
967 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm waiting for my classic thermapen to break so I can buy the mk4, but it's not even close to happening.

Great item!