Shopping Discussion

Which of these stores do you miss the most?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2021 9:06 pm
Tags:

Poll: Which do you miss the most

• Total votes: 128. You have voted on this poll.
1. Zellers

26%
2. Future Shop

27%
3. Target

29%
4. Radio Shack

7%
5. HMV

4%
6. Other

8%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3366 posts
3502 upvotes
Montreal

Which of these stores do you miss the most?

I am wondering cause I really miss some of the stores that were around 10 years ago! Vote and say why you do!

I will start by saying Zellers. I spent so much time in this shop as a kid. Always dragged my parents around to buy me GameBoy games and N64 games back in the day. I used to go to Zellers even when they were about to close down. There was just an aura to that shop even though it was quite outdated and sold products that were 20 years old!
49 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2771 posts
4524 upvotes
Toronto
None of the above lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2157 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
Target - because it was a missed opportunity as so many mistakes were made and it could have been something good.

Far better going there than Walmart.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14786 posts
19711 upvotes
Vancouver
Consumers Distributing!
And Radio Shack. I just learned recently that its successor The Source doesn't even have shortwave radios anymore, much less 20-packs of assorted LEDs and electrolytic capacitors.
And I actually miss Eatons. Its DT Vancouver top floor clearance centre was my go-to for men's wear in the 1990s.
Oct 18, 2019
274 posts
162 upvotes
GTA West
Same as above CD . CD was the best with their 90 days warranty. And, Bi way for some strange reason
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5726 posts
1064 upvotes
I found it really easy to price match at Target and their clearance price was great.

Future Shop seems/seemed identical to Best Buy.

Zellers was always selling outdated items at prices as if they were still brand new.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8198 posts
5115 upvotes
Mississauga
Miss the Zellers mostly for its restaurant. They made a really good grilled cheese.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2952 posts
1604 upvotes
B.C.
Zellers (and to a lesser extent Target).

Now it's Walmart or bust! And the Walmart here is a bust of the time, even before Covid times! Walmart always seems to be out of basic things and I often leave with one or two basic things from my list that I couldn't grab.

Zellers was always great to find a bargain and avoid the crowds! Get it, grab it, get out.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16647 posts
32331 upvotes
Scarborough
cardle wrote: Target - because it was a missed opportunity as so many mistakes were made and it could have been something good.

Far better going there than Walmart.
It's Target for me too. Even though it was a far cry from US Target's, I still really enjoyed shopping there and snagged quite a few great deals from them.

Future Shop would be my next choice but they're basically Best Buy so I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7401 posts
1575 upvotes
Scarborough
Target.
Used to buy sale items and their stuff was abit better than walmart quality

Its sad that we dont have much stores here that last....

Used to be zellers, then target. Now its a lowes location (danforth shoppers world)
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
The target I visited was doing really well in quality and service, but not in price and selection of item, which I think may have played some significant role in their failure.

Hey you are a supermarket.... Some customers woule be willing to pay your (slightly) premium price for better environment but at least have most things people need in stock.

I miss future shop merely because it wouldn't hurt to have another option to go for electronics. Once I was there for a 3.5 mm cable. The salesman who helped me reminded me of his name three times. Face With Tears Of Joy
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1309 posts
876 upvotes
London, On
I don't know if I miss Future Shop so much as I miss the type of store both they and Best Buy were 10 years ago. Haven't actually stepped foot in Best Buy in the last year or so, but it struck me as a collection of mini-stores, Apple here, Samsung there, etc. It was always fun to just wander around looking at various things. Radio Shack was like that too, always amazed at the "gadgets" they had. Now they are just a Bell Store with a few other things in them.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
301 upvotes
Pluto
I miss Target. It was good competition for Walmart. They also had cheap clothes that had quality to them. i still have some tshirts and hoodies that I got there.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4381 upvotes
I vote Other because I'm picking Sam's Club. Here was our chance to break Costco's monopoly and we blew it.
Oct 18, 2019
274 posts
162 upvotes
GTA West
And then there was that American store Woolco some of you weren't around for that
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Why so many downvotes already? Its not controversial or anything

I thought it was a nice nostalgic topic
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12726 posts
7893 upvotes
Markham
I miss everything in New York City and Disney