Hot Deals

theshoppingchannel

[HOT] Breville Dynamic Duo [Dual Boiler + Smart Grinder Pro] - $1999 - 20% = $1850 aftertax with shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2022 8:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12937 posts
4164 upvotes

[HOT] Breville Dynamic Duo [Dual Boiler + Smart Grinder Pro] - $1999 - 20% = $1850 aftertax with shipping

Deal Link:
Savings:
20%
Retailer:
theshoppingchannel

Also additional 1.5% with ebates

You can also use no interest payment option.

Code: Select all

Sub-Total:$1,999.99
Discount:-$400.00
HST Tax:$212.87
Shipping & Handling:$37.47
TOTAL PRICE:$1,850.33
Amt Charged to Master Card:$1,850.331

Code: Select all

NUMBER OF EASY PAY® PAYMENTS:	9
YOUR TOTAL PAYMENT TODAY:	$428.11
PAYMENT AMOUNT LEFT AFTER TODAY:	$1,422.16
8 FUTURE MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF:	$177.77
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
38 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1057 posts
1651 upvotes
Montreal
Great deal considering the BDB itself goes for 2k.

Good machine if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a dual boiler, and very good value.

Only caveat is longevity is questionable. Repairs on this machine is a nightmare. You pretty much have to send it back to breville. Local shops might not have the expertise to fix it.

The grinder is decent at best. You’re better off selling it to get a baratza or a rancillio rocky
Last edited by Jonick on Jun 18th, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 19, 2017
581 posts
918 upvotes
Jonick wrote: Great deal considering the BDB itself goes for 2k.

Good machine if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a dual boiler, and very good value.

Only caveat is longevity is questionable. Repairs on this machine is a nightmare. You pretty much have to send it back to breville. Local shops might not have the expertise to fix it.

The grinder is decent at best. You’re better off selling it to get a baratza or a rancillio rocky
Wow 2k for the BDB, that's a lot of inflation pn display right there. Bought mine 1.5 Years ago for almost half that. It's such a great machine.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2432 posts
2111 upvotes
Vancouver

The biggest issue with the smart grinder pro IMO is boulders over fines, so if you have a WDT you should be more than fine to pull very good shots still. You are getting into the .5% better extractions level upgrading the grinder here - you'd be better off with an IMS or other basket upgrade over a grinder upgrade IMO.
Jun 5, 2018
132 posts
162 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
Qrewpt wrote: Wow 2k for the BDB, that's a lot of inflation pn display right there. Bought mine 1.5 Years ago for almost half that. It's such a great machine.
Woah, where did you get the Breville Dual Boiler for 1k?

Would have been an amazing deal! Maybe I'm remembering wrong but height of Covid I think it was actually up to 2,800 and just recently took the seat back to the 2, 300 price point
Jun 19, 2017
581 posts
918 upvotes
brwnthndr wrote: Woah, where did you get the Breville Dual Boiler for 1k?

Would have been an amazing deal! Maybe I'm remembering wrong but height of Covid I think it was actually up to 2,800 and just recently took the seat back to the 2, 300 price point
I was curious so i looked up my receipt. I bought it 20% off regular price, taxes in, it was $1471 in Oct 2020. A little more than I remembered. So its regular price is about 17% more than it was a year and a half ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3794 posts
2633 upvotes
Calgary
If one's gonna dump $2k, do consider the Oracle as well. I think its a better machine overall & the best Breville makes. Its on for $2.4k at many merchants incl The Bay. I dunno if there's coupon/promo codes for The Bay to make it a better deal tho. Just throwing it out there
Jun 5, 2018
132 posts
162 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
Qrewpt wrote: I was curious so i looked up my receipt. I bought it 20% off regular price, taxes in, it was $1471 in Oct 2020. A little more than I remembered. So its regular price is about 17% more than it was a year and a half ago.
Wow that is a great price! Congrats!
What grinder did you end up with?
May 18, 2018
699 posts
688 upvotes
Here's what I would do if I had the opportunity to buy this machine and grinder right now. I'd keep the BDB but I'd sell the SGP on Marketplace and buy a proper espresso grinder.

The SGP may not be able to cut it with this machine. When I had it paired with my 54mm Breville Dual Pro machine, it performed OK, however when I bought my HX machine which has a 58mm portafilter, it just couldn't grind fine enough, it would jam up. This meant that most beans that I bought couldn't be properly dialed in. So I imagine similar may happen when pairing with a BDB.

Since you're spending more than 2K here, might as well pay a bit more and get it right.
Oct 17, 2003
507 posts
148 upvotes
Fredericton
brwnthndr wrote: Woah, where did you get the Breville Dual Boiler for 1k?

Retailers had them for $1400ish last fall, was tempted to get one but very happy with the eureka oro & lelit anna pid that I bought :P If you're going to buy the Dual Boiler, the Smart Grinder Pro just doesn't cut it IMO.
Aug 8, 2007
608 posts
447 upvotes
Qrewpt wrote: I was curious so i looked up my receipt. I bought it 20% off regular price, taxes in, it was $1471 in Oct 2020. A little more than I remembered. So its regular price is about 17% more than it was a year and a half ago.
I was able to buy the dual boiler from Sears for my spn for his birthday when they had a sale plus you could stack coupons, got it for $750. It has required repairs though and Breville has a minimum charge so my son studied youtube, bought some tubing and o rings and fixed the leak and pressure issues for less than $30 vs $500+. I will say this machine unlike many or even most Italian espresso machines is very complicated with custom parts so not very easy to repair of you have an issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1990 posts
978 upvotes
YVR
PanchoVilla wrote: Here's what I would do if I had the opportunity to buy this machine and grinder right now. I'd keep the BDB but I'd sell the SGP on Marketplace and buy a proper espresso grinder.

The SGP may not be able to cut it with this machine. When I had it paired with my 54mm Breville Dual Pro machine, it performed OK, however when I bought my HX machine which has a 58mm portafilter, it just couldn't grind fine enough, it would jam up. This meant that most beans that I bought couldn't be properly dialed in. So I imagine similar may happen when pairing with a BDB.

Since you're spending more than 2K here, might as well pay a bit more and get it right.
i use the breville smart pro grinder with my la scala butterfly and it's been an exceptional grinder. Surprised because it's actually better then my macap which has been relegated to aeropress duty. I picked up the breville for $100 used and frankly was shocked at how good it was.

ps..i did the grinder mod/movement to make the breville grinder actually grind finer...you can google it...very easy to do...no extra parts...and wow.
Last edited by Charles on Jun 18th, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patience comes to those who wait
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1990 posts
978 upvotes
YVR
does pre-infusing the porta filter really make a difference.....how do you pre-infuse with a hx machine that does not pre-infuse automatically? do i just press flow for about 3 seconds? thx
Patience comes to those who wait
Jun 19, 2017
581 posts
918 upvotes
brwnthndr wrote: Wow that is a great price! Congrats!
What grinder did you end up with?
I'm using the niche.
Jun 19, 2017
581 posts
918 upvotes

Most people don't have any trouble with the BDB. Plus there is a huge community
for this machine to guide anyone through mods or maintnance. If you do maintenance on this machine like you would on any good machine, it will last.

Competitors don't have the same features unless you pay a whole lot more.
Jun 19, 2017
581 posts
918 upvotes
scotsum wrote: If one's gonna dump $2k, do consider the Oracle as well. I think its a better machine overall & the best Breville makes. Its on for $2.4k at many merchants incl The Bay. I dunno if there's coupon/promo codes for The Bay to make it a better deal tho. Just throwing it out there
If you're really wanting to get into making espresso, the Dual Boiler is the machine for you. You won't want to use the Oracle grinder or autotamping functions. You will want a better grinder and to have more control over the process yourself.

The Oracle would be the better choice If you're after the more automatic machine experience.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3794 posts
2633 upvotes
Calgary
Qrewpt wrote: If you're really wanting to get into making espresso, the Dual Boiler is the machine for you. You won't want to use the Oracle grinder or autotamping functions. You will want a better grinder and to have more control over the process yourself.

The Oracle would be the better choice If you're after the more automatic machine experience.
I get that. Personally I'm rocking a 7yr old Delonghi superauto from Costco warehouse clearance so I'm def in the auto camp. Been looking at the Oracle for ages but haven't found the justification to spend $2k. That said, IMO the Oracle is much more than just a superauto with a lot of adjustments to make it perhaps challenge some lower end manuals.

Sides I doubt any self respecting coffee snob will look at 'Breville' anything to begin with & I get that too
May 18, 2018
699 posts
688 upvotes
Charles wrote: i use the breville smart pro grinder with my la scala butterfly and it's been an exceptional grinder. Surprised because it's actually better then my macap which has been relegated to aeropress duty. I picked up the breville for $100 used and frankly was shocked at how good it was.

ps..i did the grinder mod/movement to make the breville grinder actually grind finer...you can google it...very easy to do...no extra parts...and wow.
I think you're talking about the modification of the burr set within the chamber to get it to grind finer? I've tried that and it didn't help my case. Mind you this only happened with certain beans, not all of them. I believe it was the beans that were on the lighter roast side. Anyways I got annoyed with it and I bought a Eureka Atom for espresso and the SGP is being used for filter coffee and it's working out great.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)