Tags:
None
19 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3192 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal..tempting..but i have so many tablets lol...ppl on fence shouldn't hesitate
May 19, 2013
408 posts
4548 upvotes
Vaughan
Title should say open box.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2384 posts
883 upvotes
Ontario
For the same price, why couldn't TD offer this tablet for its promotion.
Mar 7, 2010
350 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: Thanks! Just ordered. Going to return the one I bought from Staples a few weeks back using the $75 off coupon. :D Hopefully the open box is still good.
The source has $75 off coupon? What's the code?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2632 posts
674 upvotes
Beware. Beautiful screen marred by a laggy UI. Underpowered.
Also look for burn in. Saw a few store demos with AMOLED burn in of icon dock.
Jun 8, 2004
572 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
klover wrote: Beware. Beautiful screen marred by a laggy UI. Underpowered.
Tab S underpowered?!?! :facepalm:
Mar 27, 2008
551 posts
59 upvotes
Etobicoke
I bought this tablet a few months ago on sale for $369. I totally love it. Perfect size between 7 and 10 inch options. Good battery life. Runs smoothly. This is an awesome price It also runs on android 5.0.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2632 posts
674 upvotes
ghosty wrote: Tab S underpowered?!?! :facepalm:
Yes, it is. Touchwiz is a stuttering, laggy mess even on this supposed "top tier" Tab. So hold off on further emoticons and check out XDA or just Google "Tab S Lag". No measure of optimization or even rooting can address the fact that you can't even scroll in Chrome or AOSP browser without judder and unresponsiveness.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2601 posts
487 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
late to the party. wah wah waaahhh
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2601 posts
487 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
the asus memo pad 7 ranks that high? ive had the memo pad HD 7 (same as pad 7?) and it was a p.o.s
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12784 posts
11610 upvotes
Oil Country
klover wrote: Yes, it is. Touchwiz is a stuttering, laggy mess even on this supposed "top tier" Tab. So hold off on further emoticons and check out XDA or just Google "Tab S Lag". No measure of optimization or even rooting can address the fact that you can't even scroll in Chrome or AOSP browser without judder and unresponsiveness.
I used the one I picked up for my dad a few weeks ago. After installing the two updates and rebooting, the Tab S seemed to work fine. No lag or performance issues. How old were those posts on XDA? What were those users trying to do? I agree TouchWiz is a POS, which Samsung needs to get rid of, but it's a lot better than it was a few years ago. I also made sure my dad isn't syncing with any of the Samsung services. Only the Google services. Also, Lollipop and ART were supposed to make Android even more smoother to use.
klover wrote: Beware. Beautiful screen marred by a laggy UI. Underpowered.
The device is definitely not underpowered. That's an understatement. I'm reinstating the emoticon given to your post. :facepalm:

It has more cores than the Tab Pro 8.4, which means it can handle running more apps at once better, especially the the ones running in the background. The Tab Pro 8.4 is supposed to be quicker when surfing the net, but fire up 5-10 apps and then do a comparison between the two.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2632 posts
674 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: I used the one I picked up for my dad a few weeks ago. After installing the two updates and rebooting, the Tab S seemed to work fine. No lag or performance issues. How old were those posts on XDA? What were those users trying to do? I agree TouchWiz is a POS, which Samsung needs to get rid of, but it's a lot better than it was a few years ago. I also made sure my dad isn't syncing with any of the Samsung services. Only the Google services. Also, Lollipop and ART were supposed to make Android even more smoother to use.

The device is definitely not underpowered. That's an understatement. I'm reinstating the emoticon given to your post. :facepalm:

It has more cores than the Tab Pro 8.4, which means it can handle running more apps at once better, especially the the ones running in the background. The Tab Pro 8.4 is supposed to be quicker when surfing the net, but fire up 5-10 apps and then do a comparison between the two.
Paper specs as a counter-argument? Right back at you :facepalm:
As for relevancy of XDA, here's just one dating back two years with entries right up to this week.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy- ... g-t2846235

Again, an underpowered device that cannot keep up with its own UI. If you don't see that, great, but it doesn't contradict 1000s of other users who do. If you have to root and run skeleton ROMs and scaled kernels to get Ipad Mini 1 quality scrolling, well...something isn't right.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12784 posts
11610 upvotes
Oil Country
klover wrote: Paper specs as a counter-argument? Right back at you :facepalm:
As for relevancy of XDA, here's just one dating back two years with entries right up to this week.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy- ... g-t2846235

Again, an underpowered device that cannot keep up with its own UI. If you don't see that, great, but it doesn't contradict 1000s of other users who do. If you have to root and run skeleton ROMs and scaled kernels to get Ipad Mini 1 quality scrolling, well...something isn't right.
Ya... I'll check again, but I played around with it for a few hours, and didn't witness lag. My basis for comparison was my OnePlus One and a Nexus 7 first gen tablet. The N7 was terrible, but my OPO is snappy. I thought the Tab S was smoother than my OPO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)