• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 4:38 am
[OP]
May 23, 2017
228 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto

Things to do and see around the Algonquin Provincial Park area

In mid-September, we will be camping at Algonquin Provincial Park with friends for a few days.

Looking for ideas on what to do after camping as we have a few more vacation days.

Please give us some suggestions on what's good to do and see starting from the Algonquin Provincial Park area if we have a few days

Thanks so much
7 replies
[OP]
May 23, 2017
228 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
treksub wrote: In mid-September, we will be camping at Algonquin Provincial Park with friends for a few days.

Looking for ideas on what to do after camping as we have a few more vacation days.

Please give us some suggestions on what's good to do and see starting from the Algonquin Provincial Park area if we have a few days

Thanks so much
No reply? Just bumping this up. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2792 posts
1942 upvotes
Honestly there are so much trails out there that should keep you preoccupied, get the map from the gate. Cycling Canoeing Fishing etc.

Dont just limit yourself at Algonquin. The surrounding areas are as beautiful.
[OP]
May 23, 2017
228 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Biscayne05 wrote: Honestly there are so much trails out there that should keep you preoccupied, get the map from the gate. Cycling Canoeing Fishing etc.

Dont just limit yourself at Algonquin. The surrounding areas are as beautiful.
Thanks for your reply

We plan to explore the surrounding areas after camping at Algonquin

Not sure what's out there at the surrounding areas

Thanks again for your help
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22861 posts
21710 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
treksub wrote: Thanks for your reply

We plan to explore the surrounding areas after camping at Algonquin

Not sure what's out there at the surrounding areas

Thanks again for your help
Pull up GOOGLE MAPS …

And you’ll quickly discover that what makes Algonquin Park so special is the fact that it is so HUGE and sits in a vast area of wilderness (nothingness) in Central Ontario.

It sits Southeast of North Bay, Northwest of Ottawa, and Northeast of Peterborough, and the Cottage Country of The Kawarthas & the Halliburton’s.

The only real populated areas are at either end of the Park … West or East Entrances.

In truth, the Hwy 11 Corridor that connects the GTA to North Bay is your best bet if you are looking for things to see / places to visit. There are the Muskoka Lakes (Cottage Country) to the west of Hwy 11, and quite a few good sized communities spread out along Hwy 11 … including Huntsville - Bracebridge - Gravenhurst - Orillia - and Barrie.

Again, you can use GOOGLE to find tourism websites for each of these cities / geographical regions.

Start here … with the Tourism Ontario website = https://www.destinationontario.com/en-ca
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10347 posts
3538 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Pull up GOOGLE MAPS …

And you’ll quickly discover that what makes Algonquin Park so special is the fact that it is so HUGE and sits in a vast area of wilderness (nothingness) in Central Ontario.

It sits Southeast of North Bay, Northwest of Ottawa, and Northeast of Peterborough, and the Cottage Country of The Kawarthas & the Halliburton’s.

The only real populated areas are at either end of the Park … West or East Entrances.

In truth, the Hwy 11 Corridor that connects the GTA to North Bay is your best bet if you are looking for things to see / places to visit. There are the Muskoka Lakes (Cottage Country) to the west of Hwy 11, and quite a few good sized communities spread out along Hwy 11 … including Huntsville - Bracebridge - Gravenhurst - Orillia - and Barrie.

Again, you can use GOOGLE to find tourism websites for each of these cities / geographical regions.

Start here … with the Tourism Ontario website = https://www.destinationontario.com/en-ca
I generally like your posts, even appreciate your interesting approach to formatting.. However this one seems quite rude IMO.

Here’s what GOOGLING Algonquin park produces. Chill out summer is almost over.

Ughhh OP per pointshubby camp in the green thing swim in the blue thing
Images
  • D98BBC1D-8C1C-42CF-A165-8E4056139702.jpeg
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22861 posts
21710 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
GangStarr wrote: I generally like your posts, even appreciate your interesting approach to formatting.. However this one seems quite rude IMO.

Here’s what GOOGLING Algonquin park produces. Chill out summer is almost over.

Ughhh OP per pointshubby camp in the green thing swim in the blue thing
Man, did you even read the OPs Question ?

They are NOT ASKING about Algonquin … they are asking about what’s beyond Algonquin Park AFTER THEY ARE DONE IN THE PARK …

It’s not a straight forward answer cuz

(a) it also depends upon WHERE they are going to be headed
NOTE = OP has no RFD Locator tied to their RFD profile

(b) Except for the west side of the park … and out to Hwy 11
There’s not a lot within close proximity of the park to the East
And no North or South Exits off of the Hwy 60 Corridor

I suggest therefore that they start by getting familiar with the geography of this part of Central Ontario

And after that perhaps begin their search for activities they might like by becoming acquainted with some of the nearby regions / cottage country … or some of the towns & small cities along Hwy 11

All of which have Tourism websites / pages … starting with the main one for Ontario Tourism.

I think it’s a fair start … cuz then they can decide if they will be staying at a cottage … or going the hotel route … or doing more camping

All would create different answers from my perspective on possible activities
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10347 posts
3538 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Man, did you even read the OPs Question ?

They are NOT ASKING about Algonquin … they are asking about what’s beyond Algonquin Park AFTER THEY ARE DONE IN THE PARK …

It’s not a straight forward answer cuz

(a) it also depends upon WHERE they are going to be headed
NOTE = OP has no RFD Locator tied to their RFD profile

(b) Except for the west side of the park … and out to Hwy 11
There’s not a lot within close proximity of the park to the East
And no North or South Exits off of the Hwy 60 Corridor

I suggest therefore that they start by getting familiar with the geography of this part of Central Ontario

And after that perhaps begin their search for activities they might like by becoming acquainted with some of the nearby regions / cottage country … or some of the towns & small cities along Hwy 11

All of which have Tourism websites / pages … starting with the main one for Ontario Tourism.

I think it’s a fair start … cuz then they can decide if they will be staying at a cottage … or going the hotel route … or doing more camping

All would create different answers from my perspective on possible activities
Like I said. I enjoy your posts

Your above post was really good. OP question was very vague. Sad pattern here of vague vague questions perhaps a sign of the times

Last post pretty helpful. Keep it up hubby
Autocorrect sucks