Shopping Discussion

Think I've used uber eats for the first and only time

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 3:55 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 9, 2009
6411 posts
2498 upvotes
Montreal
annara wrote: Uber Eats delivered an item that was not as described in the menu and refused to refund it.

After a number of tries I got an impression, that their customer service is fully automated robotic AI and not human, and it is programmed to reject any refund request by sending standard messages. So I sent them a message asking about this directly, and immediately got the same standard reply as before. From machine..
The first step is definitely automated. I placed an order for two dishes on Saturday night with contactless delivery. When I picked the order up off my porch, there was only one dish. In the app, I went to flag a problem with the order. I chose the option for a missing item, it asked me which item and when I chose the item, it immediately refunded me for the item. That was fine, but I was still missing half my meal so I contacted the restaurant and driver.

The restaurant delivered my missing dish and so I filed another request in Uber to get them to reverse the credit. This time I got a human response telling me "Don't worry, the restaurant still got paid for both dishes, you can keep the credit as a goodwill gesture".
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28457 posts
14023 upvotes
renoldman wrote: If the fees are so high, why don't the restaurants hire their own drivers and provide good paying jobs to individuals in the community?
Some places do. Look at Chinese and Pizza, both of which are typically known for delivery.
But restaurants that are actually sit down typically do more volume inside than outside so it may not be cost effective to hire a driver full time but only during peak times.
These apps basically "consolidate" a couple drivers between a bunch of restaurants allowing more to offer delivery around the clock so to speak.

Hell I used to do deliveries personally as an owner off peak on occasion, especially if it's a regular.
The reality is that costs of delivery have gone up and if restaurants charged customers appropriately, they would look just as bad as Uber Eats does to the person who started this thread.
They have, but not nearly to the degree as the "Tier 1" delivery apps wanting nearly 30%.
I'd have to increase pricing, but not nearly as much as I'd pay to even a Tier 2 delivery service.
10-15% is reasonable. 30%? Not so much.
brunes wrote: I love how people seem to think you should be able to have food ordered by an app and delivered right to your door and have neither the company developing and maintaining the app and running worldwide infrastructure to support it, nor the driver who is picking up the food and paying all of their own expenses (gas, insurance, time), make any money at all.

Who do you think should pay for all of this?
That's the thing. Typically speaking it's the "app company" making the full 30%. On top of that is a delivery fee charged to the end user (typically) that they pay to the drivers.
The drivers themselves aren't making a whole lot relatively speaking but are doing all the "hard" work (well and the restaurant too).
ericlewis91 wrote: Yes, an indian restaurant near me serves bigger portions when you order takeout vs uber. More rice and naan bread :)
I'm surprised it's only rice/naan. Starch is cheap.
annara wrote:
After a number of tries I got an impression, that their customer service is fully automated robotic AI and not human, and it is programmed to reject any refund request by sending standard messages. So I sent them a message asking about this directly, and immediately got the same standard reply as before. From machine...
This just reinforces my point above. Automation while expensive to setup initially means that ongoing costs (ie not having to staff someone for basic responses) means that their running costs are even lower.
There is something else I thought about. By using those delivery apps you trust total strangers handling your food. Who are those people? Are they responsible, healthy and well, clean? I don't even start with Covid-19 related stuff like virus testing and wearing mask/gloves.
If this is a fear of yours, don't ever eat in any restaurant.
Most restaurants nowadays tamper evident their packages. But the person at the restaurant making your food probably isn't responsible, healthy or well, or clean.
But that's another show.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2008
135 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: If this is a fear of yours, don't ever eat in any restaurant.
Most restaurants nowadays tamper evident their packages. But the person at the restaurant making your food probably isn't responsible, healthy or well, or clean.
But that's another show.
Nothing is perfect of course but there is still difference. Some restaurants have higher standards than others, they have their reputation as well as sanitary inspections.
The restaurants hire people to work for them, and I assume they would prefer hiring people who are more or less responsible and well, not obviously sick or dirty. And those employees work in the restaurant under some supervision.

From the other side I have no idea how those delivery people that work for a food delivery app are selected. I am only sure that they don't work for a restaurant, and the restaurant would take no responsibility for what they do. Typically a restaurant would not take any responsibility at all even if something is not quite right with the food. They told me to contact Uber Eats and ask for refund, and there you are - hello, robot!

"We're sorry for the trouble you've faced. Even though we can’t make any price changes to your order, we’ve shared your concern to the restaurant so they can update their menu."
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28457 posts
14023 upvotes
annara wrote: I assume they would prefer hiring people who are more or less responsible
Depends on how you define responsible.
The restaurant (especially the kitchen) is a weird place.
Substance abuse is rampant which can lead to irresponsibility.

Back to the whole responsible thing, take a moment to flip through health department reports.
Responsibility HIGHLY depends on the individual restaurant.
and well, not obviously sick

This depends on management. Restaurants usually have very little to no backup staff in place.
So if someone were to call in, some managers would tell them to come in anyways.
The irresponsible part doesn't help either because some will call in because they drank too much the night before.
or dirty.
This is dependent on the individual. My hands were always clean because i washed them.
The number of people I see that don't wash their hands nearly as often as they should in a kitchen is appalling, including after coughing into their hand which is like the 2nd thing you learn not to do.
See: Health department inspection reports.
And those employees work in the restaurant under some supervision.
Again it really depends on the operation. I'm definitely not saying that they're all like that. Most of them are good.
But there's enough bad ones (be it restaurants, staff, management, etc) that makes everyone look bad.
From the other side I have no idea how those delivery people that work for a food delivery app are selected.

Basically sign up and go.
This is where tamper evident packaging is a good idea.
I am only sure that they don't work for a restaurant, and the restaurant would take no responsibility for what they do. Typically a restaurant would not take any responsibility at all even if something is not quite right with the food. They told me to contact Uber Eats and ask for refund, and there you are - hello, robot!

That's kind of the problem with middlemen. The buck gets passed around because the restaurant has no lines of communication with the guest, nor any actual power to fix anything for them.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 9, 2009
6411 posts
2498 upvotes
Montreal
annara wrote: Nothing is perfect of course but there is still difference. Some restaurants have higher standards than others, they have their reputation as well as sanitary inspections.
The restaurants hire people to work for them, and I assume they would prefer hiring people who are more or less responsible and well, not obviously sick or dirty. And those employees work in the restaurant under some supervision.

From the other side I have no idea how those delivery people that work for a food delivery app are selected. I am only sure that they don't work for a restaurant, and the restaurant would take no responsibility for what they do. Typically a restaurant would not take any responsibility at all even if something is not quite right with the food. They told me to contact Uber Eats and ask for refund, and there you are - hello, robot!

"We're sorry for the trouble you've faced. Even though we can’t make any price changes to your order, we’ve shared your concern to the restaurant so they can update their menu."
What exactly is your concern here? That the Uber drivers are actually opening up your food and messing around with it during the brief time between pick up and delivery?

Like @death_hawk pointed out, a restaurant kitchen isn't the highly supervised, laboratory-like clean room environment staffed only by those capable of passing the highest levels of vetting that you seem to think it might be.

Also, the hiring process for a delivery driver typically isn't a multi-stage process complete with background checks and panel interviews. At many restaurants, drivers are paid by delivery and work on-demand. With Uber, most of the delivery guys are also Uber drivers. This means they need to pass a background check and their car needs to meet certain standards. There's also a built-in rating system which the drivers live and die by - they risk losing their gig with Uber if they have too many poor ratings.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2008
135 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you, death_hawk. This is eye opening.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2008
135 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote: Also, the hiring process for a delivery driver typically isn't a multi-stage process complete with background checks and panel interviews. At many restaurants, drivers are paid by delivery and work on-demand. With Uber, most of the delivery guys are also Uber drivers. This means they need to pass a background check and their car needs to meet certain standards. There's also a built-in rating system which the drivers live and die by - they risk losing their gig with Uber if they have too many poor ratings.
Uber Eats is different from Uber rides. I ordered from Uber Eats several times, and sometimes they used bikes but mostly just walked. Last time there was a guy with a car, but unfortunately the delivery time was the longest. After picking up my order, his car was waiting somewhere by the restaurant for a while before he left. I followed on the app and was thinking it would be much faster if I picked up from the restaurant myself. My first order delivered by a girl with a bike was the best.
So unless they decided to walk or ride a bike instead or their car, I doubt they were Uber drivers. So there is no background check or any other check. Like @death_hawk explained, you basically sign and go. Anybody can do that.
Last edited by annara on Jul 15th, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2008
135 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote: What exactly is your concern here? That the Uber drivers are actually opening up your food and messing around with it during the brief time between pick up and delivery?
That's sound weird, but according to the survey conducted by US Foods, 1 in 4 delivery drivers admit to testing your food before delivering it. The details are here:
https://www.today.com/food/1-4-delivery ... it-t159779

However this is not my main concern. It can take a long time for your order to arrive. It can come cold. And what would you do if something is wrong with the quality of your food? When you deal with a restaurant directly, they will take care of you. But if you use a middleman like a delivery app, the restaurant will tell you to ask the app for refund. And there is no human to talk to and high chance that your request for refund will be rejected.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 9, 2009
6411 posts
2498 upvotes
Montreal
annara wrote: Uber Eats is different from Uber rides. I ordered from Uber Eats several times, and sometimes they used bikes but mostly just walked. Last time there was a guy with a car, but unfortunately the delivery time was the longest. After picking up my order, his car was waiting somewhere by the restaurant for a while before he left. I followed on the app and was thinking it would be much faster if I picked up from the restaurant myself. My first order delivered by a girl with a bike was the best.
So unless they decided to walk or ride a bike instead or their car, I doubt they were Uber drivers. So there is no background check or any other check. Like @death_hawk explained, you basically sign and go. Anybody can do that.
I'm guessing you live downtown and only order from downtown? In my neighbourhood, delivery by foot or bike isn't feasible, even less so if I order from a restaurant a little farther away. Outside of densely populated area, your Uber Eats order is delivered by Uber drivers.
annara wrote: That's sound weird, but according to the survey conducted by US Foods, 1 in 4 delivery drivers admit to testing your food before delivering it. The details are here:
https://www.today.com/food/1-4-delivery ... it-t159779

However this is not my main concern. It can take a long time for your order to arrive. It can come cold. And what would you do if something is wrong with the quality of your food? When you deal with a restaurant directly, they will take care of you. But if you use a middleman like a delivery app, the restaurant will tell you to ask the app for refund. And there is no human to talk to and high chance that your request for refund will be rejected.
I don't really see how in house delivery alleviates your concerns regarding long wait times or food coming cold. I've had plenty of orders of pizza or Chinese food take too long and show up cold. As for problem resolution, I previously shared with you a recent example of something going wrong. My refund was automatically approved by Uber and the restaurant made things right. So far, that's the only issue I've had with Uber Eats and I was more than fairly taken care of. Why do you continue to use the service if you've had such a poor experience and so many concerns of wrong-doing?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2008
135 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote: I don't really see how in house delivery alleviates your concerns regarding long wait times or food coming cold. I've had plenty of orders of pizza or Chinese food take too long and show up cold. As for problem resolution, I previously shared with you a recent example of something going wrong. My refund was automatically approved by Uber and the restaurant made things right. So far, that's the only issue I've had with Uber Eats and I was more than fairly taken care of. Why do you continue to use the service if you've had such a poor experience and so many concerns of wrong-doing?
Good for you, but not everyone is so lucky. This discussion is "think I've used uber eats for the first and only time". I gave Uber Eats a try because there were some promotions, however I would better order and pickup myself. There will be no service and delivery fees and if anything is missing they will fix it right away. Unless I order a cake from patisserie and they use tamper evident packaging.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28457 posts
14023 upvotes
annara wrote: Thank you, death_hawk. This is eye opening.
For full disclosure, I'm painting everything in worst cast scenario.
Most of the time things go as intended. Well. Some of the time.

annara wrote: So unless they decided to walk or ride a bike instead or their car, I doubt they were Uber drivers. So there is no background check or any other check. Like @death_hawk explained, you basically sign and go. Anybody can do that.
For car based deliveries, drivers can do both food and passengers.
I'm not sure what the signup process if you're a car and don't want passengers but I would imagine that if you can you'd sign up for both.
annara wrote: That's sound weird, but according to the survey conducted by US Foods, 1 in 4 delivery drivers admit to testing your food before delivering it. The details are here:
https://www.today.com/food/1-4-delivery ... it-t159779
I'd be 100% shocked if it was this high, especially when the article itself says 0.06% of complaints are food tampering.
Then again... it could be 25% have done it one time out of the hundreds of deliveries they've done so your odds of it happening are still low.
But this is easy to counter: tamper evident seals.
And what would you do if something is wrong with the quality of your food? When you deal with a restaurant directly, they will take care of you. But if you use a middleman like a delivery app, the restaurant will tell you to ask the app for refund. And there is no human to talk to and high chance that your request for refund will be rejected.
Since the app takes such a high cut, it'd be easy for them to just adsorb the cost of a failure. Even better when they can just issue you a "credit" instead of a refund.
As for rejecting refunds... that's probably a bad idea to be honest. You don't exactly want to turn off legitimate customers making refund requests or they'll switch platforms.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2008
135 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Because of this thread, I've started noticing things that I did not before. For example my most recent food delivery. I was following my order in the app, and the delivery person stayed somewhere by the restaurant for a while after picking up my order. I was wondering why his car was not moving. My order was a seafood salad from high quality Italian restaurant. The package was not tamper- evident, just covered with plastic lid. I took a picture of the dish immediately just in case, but didn't realize that time what was wrong. There were some calamari and shrimps, but I noticed the seafood amount was only half than at the the same dish that I ordered before. Fresh and colorful veggies and greens were carefully arranged.

Only after reading this thread, I looked at the picture again and noticed that the skillful plate arrangement had an obvious empty space where the missing seafood supposed to be.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6863 posts
2861 upvotes
annara wrote: Because of this thread, I've started noticing things that I did not before. For example my most recent food delivery. I was following my order in the app, and the delivery person stayed somewhere by the restaurant for a while after picking up my order. I was wondering why his car was not moving. My order was a seafood salad from high quality Italian restaurant. The package was not tamper- evident, just covered with plastic lid. I took a picture of the dish immediately just in case, but didn't realize that time what was wrong. There were some calamari and shrimps, but I noticed the seafood amount was only half than at the the same dish that I ordered before. Fresh and colorful veggies and greens were carefully arranged.

Only after reading this thread, I looked at the picture again and noticed that the skillful plate arrangement had an obvious empty space where the missing seafood supposed to be.
At some restaurants, it may show as order ready even when the order actually isn't ready, so the Uber driver may end up waiting for the order to be ready, even though the order already shows as ready. I have 2 friends who own multiple restaurants, I've seen Uber drivers show up at their restaurants & in some cases, have to wait even though the order is supposed to be ready. This usually happens when the restaurant is swamped
Newbie
Feb 9, 2020
69 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke
I got a coupon from Uber Eats for $16 dollars off, If I spend $20 or more. Looked promising.

Added items to my cart which total was $20 so with 16 dollars off you at most would be paying $4 + Hst + $0 delivery fee + Tip would would be around $10 or so. The total at the end was $17.

Yeah, never again. All because I didn't want to leave the house, I rather drive and pick it up and pay $20 for the meal then pay $13 in service fee to Uber.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2013
770 posts
363 upvotes
rabbit wrote: A Vancouver restaurant is starting its own delivery app. If it is successful locally, they're hoping to expand it across Canada.

"FromTo has provided a transparent system at cost. We show the customer what it takes to get food to them, the restaurant can see every aspect of the delivery fee as well the credit card processing fees. The driver can see their fees transparently as well. We put all these parties together to aid in the collective survival of the restaurant industry. FromTo is taking no commission, no fees, nothing."
https://www.fromto.ca/

Article:
https://www.straight.com/food/vancouver ... -go-across
https://www.fromto.ca/

Questionable/malicious website, blocked by Norton Security.

Dangerous Webpage Blocked
You attempted to access:
https://www.fromto.ca/
This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.
Visit Norton to learn more about phishing and internet security.


Image
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28457 posts
14023 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
At some restaurants, it may show as order ready even when the order actually isn't ready, so the Uber driver may end up waiting for the order to be ready, even though the order already shows as ready. I have 2 friends who own multiple restaurants, I've seen Uber drivers show up at their restaurants & in some cases, have to wait even though the order is supposed to be ready. This usually happens when the restaurant is swamped
It's metrics gone wrong. Fast production times and accurate ready times means higher ratings.
So some places smash that ready button early despite it not being ready early. Done with good flow, it can benefit them, but it can also bite them if something goes wrong.
Restaurants are penalized (rating wise) if the driver has to wait any more than X minutes.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 1, 2001
6025 posts
866 upvotes
UberEats customer service is terrible.
Placed an order last night with scheduled pickup for this evening.
Found out today that the restaurant is closed.
Only found this out when I called the restaurant in the late afternoon.
Started a chat in the UberEats app to ask why they let an order be put through for a certain scheduled date/time for pickup if the restaurant would be closed.
The “agent” (or robot) seemed to not understand the issue despite me writing it out via chat in various ways.
In the end, just gave up.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
13853 posts
3022 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
https://geekflare.com/online-scan-websi ... abilities/
Seems to be because their SSL isn't set up properly.

stack21 wrote: https://www.fromto.ca/

Questionable/malicious website, blocked by Norton Security.

Dangerous Webpage Blocked
You attempted to access:
https://www.fromto.ca/
This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.
Visit Norton to learn more about phishing and internet security.


Image
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1306 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: It's metrics gone wrong. Fast production times and accurate ready times means higher ratings.
So some places smash that ready button early despite it not being ready early. Done with good flow, it can benefit them, but it can also bite them if something goes wrong.
Restaurants are penalized (rating wise) if the driver has to wait any more than X minutes.
I'm not sure how it works with Skip or Door Dash or other platforms but we use Uber and ratings are 100% strictly based off of customer reviews and have nothing to do with wait times or prep times. Ratings also work on a 90 day rotation so reviews are always "current." Any review older than 90 days we can see on our end but customers only see the current 90 day cycle.

We also learned early on not to prepare orders early or hit that "ready for pickup" button early as we had some "issues" at the start doing that. After talking with Uber we were told that the "ready for pickup" button is supposed to be used as an "oh sh*t" button when an order is ready far earlier than it should be. On our end we can set and adjust prep times for the average length of an order to be completed. For example we can set prep times for orders for 10 minutes on a Monday morning at 11:00am but the same order can be set for 25 minutes at 6pm on a Friday night when it is far busier and we need more time.

The issue with hitting the "ready for pickup" button far earlier than the order is supposed to be ready is the the system knows how many drivers are on hand, where they are geographically and how many orders they currently have in their system and it can give a pretty accurate time frame of how long it will take to complete and deliver those orders. Sometimes we get an order at 11:00 Monday morning and the Uber drive will be there in 10 minutes to pick it up and other times the exact same order at the exact same time on a different Monday will have a driver arrive in 24 minutes. The difference between the two is how busy Uber is and how many drivers they have and where they are. IF you have an order that is supposed to be ready in 24 minutes and your not busy and have it done in 10 and hit that "ready for pickup" button, it can still sit there for 15 minutes waiting for the driver to arrive because a driver can't get there any quicker. Then add on top of that occasionally a driver is a few minutes late and you now have an order that has been sitting for about 30-40 minutes before it reaches the customer which is not what you want. We never hit the "ready for pickup" button and always time the order for when Uber is supposed to be arriving. Sometimes it's a minute or two late but that's fine with us and most Uber drivers don't care about waiting a minute or two extra.

The only thing we do occasionally when we are really busy is request more time, which basically delays an order for pickup by however long you want to delay it.

My biggest complaint with Uber has been mostly addressed with a new update they launched a few days ago. They now allow restaurants to see how many orders that customer has placed with you in the past and They also allow the restaurants and customers to interact directly with each other after an order has been received which is huge. If there is an issue with an order the customer can now contact the restaurant via the review system and the restaurant can respond back directly to the customer bypassing Uber entirely and offer them a credit in whatever dollar amount they want. The other night we had one of our best Uber customers who orders the same thing about 4x a week have a missing item. They send us a message via the review stem and we gave them the option of a credit to be used in 30 days thru Uber or we would send an interac e-transfer to refund the $$. They opted for the credit and they used it the next day.

As far as tamper proof bags go, we have dedicated takeout trays and bags used just for Uber. All bags are stapled shut and given a tamper proof seal. When we first started with Uber I was concerned about drivers sampling food as I had read about it in various places. I think a more common problem is when a driver gets handed 2-3 bags all with tamper proof seals, a bag just goes missing and the restaurant gets blamed. I would think most drivers are good but there are obviously bad apples everywhere.

On a mini side rant, Why do restaurants insist on delivering cold beverages in the same bag as hot food? This drives me nuts. I don't want my cold cans of pop touching my hot food. I ordered from Pita Pit once and got some Yogun Fruz for my wife. They put the cold ice cream in the same bag as my hot grilled pitas and the pitas were cold where the ice cream sat on top of them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28457 posts
14023 upvotes
HghSsociety wrote: I'm not sure how it works with Skip or Door Dash or other platforms but we use Uber and ratings are 100% strictly based off of customer reviews and have nothing to do with wait times or prep times. Ratings also work on a 90 day rotation so reviews are always "current." Any review older than 90 days we can see on our end but customers only see the current 90 day cycle.
This is 2nd hand through industry contacts so I'm not sure how accurate it is either, but this was apparently with Skip.
If Uber is only via customers that makes me feel better so I don't have to game it.



We also learned early on not to prepare orders early or hit that "ready for pickup" button early as we had some "issues" at the start doing that. After talking with Uber we were told that the "ready for pickup" button is supposed to be used as an "oh sh*t" button when an order is ready far earlier than it should be. On our end we can set and adjust prep times for the average length of an order to be completed. For example we can set prep times for orders for 10 minutes on a Monday morning at 11:00am but the same order can be set for 25 minutes at 6pm on a Friday night when it is far busier and we need more time.
Yeah if prep speed isn't a metric, you don't have to game it to get ahead.
This also matters depending on what you're cooking. If you're a scoop and serve place, you can smash that button early because assembly takes 30 seconds.
But if you're actually cooking to order?
My biggest complaint with Uber has been mostly addressed with a new update they launched a few days ago. They now allow restaurants to see how many orders that customer has placed with you in the past and They also allow the restaurants and customers to interact directly with each other after an order has been received which is huge. If there is an issue with an order the customer can now contact the restaurant via the review system and the restaurant can respond back directly to the customer bypassing Uber entirely and offer them a credit in whatever dollar amount they want. The other night we had one of our best Uber customers who orders the same thing about 4x a week have a missing item. They send us a message via the review stem and we gave them the option of a credit to be used in 30 days thru Uber or we would send an interac e-transfer to refund the $$. They opted for the credit and they used it the next day.
That literally fixes OP's problem lol.
As far as tamper proof bags go, we have dedicated takeout trays and bags used just for Uber. All bags are stapled shut and given a tamper proof seal. When we first started with Uber I was concerned about drivers sampling food as I had read about it in various places. I think a more common problem is when a driver gets handed 2-3 bags all with tamper proof seals, a bag just goes missing and the restaurant gets blamed. I would think most drivers are good but there are obviously bad apples everywhere.
This applies to everything.
A few posts up I shit on the entire restaurant industry, but we all know it's usually a few bad apples that this really applies to.
By and large everything works. Kinda. Sometimes. Mostly.
On a mini side rant, Why do restaurants insist on delivering cold beverages in the same bag as hot food? This drives me nuts. I don't want my cold cans of pop touching my hot food. I ordered from Pita Pit once and got some Yogun Fruz for my wife. They put the cold ice cream in the same bag as my hot grilled pitas and the pitas were cold where the ice cream sat on top of them.
Reminds me of this:

Hilarious but I'm not sure it's actually untrue....
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)