Cell Phones

think twice before you buy any Google pixel phone...

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 1:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5732 posts
1527 upvotes
Mississauga

think twice before you buy any Google pixel phone...

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/09/28/goog ... pixel-3-4/

camera issue started back as early as January and Google still hasn't fixed it....

in playstore, search Google camera app and you'll see all the 1 star...

using other camera apps doesn't work...

it's a software issue that Google has done nothing about it...
10 replies
Sep 14, 2020
307 posts
161 upvotes
I never update software/apps/OS unless the update contains a feature I would really like.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I have a phone from 2017 and still uses the original firmware and works flawlessly. Same for apps.

And updates always negatively impacts the performance since the new software is optimized for the newest hardware, making weaker specs phones struggle.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1270 posts
277 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Ducky wrote: https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/09/28/goog ... pixel-3-4/

camera issue started back as early as January and Google still hasn't fixed it....

in playstore, search Google camera app and you'll see all the 1 star...

using other camera apps doesn't work...

it's a software issue that Google has done nothing about it...
Tell this to the crowd stomping on each other to preorder the Pixel 4A (5G) and Pixel 5
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18929 posts
8546 upvotes
Oakville
Interesting, there's a Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL in my household, both with the latest updates of everything, camera is working just fine for both.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5732 posts
1527 upvotes
Mississauga
wearysky wrote: Interesting, there's a Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL in my household, both with the latest updates of everything, camera is working just fine for both.
like any issue, it doesn't happen to all devices.... but this issue has affected lots of ppl...

but enough ppl affected for mobilesyrup to have an article...lol
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3946 posts
3145 upvotes
Ducky wrote: like any issue, it doesn't happen to all devices.... but this issue has affected lots of ppl...

but enough ppl affected for mobilesyrup to have an article...lol
Mobile syrup is junk and just puts out stories for clicks

Every phone will have issues for a number of users for whatever version of an app or software

It's more worthy of a story if any phone model didn't have anyone with an issue with a particular app/version

You think mobile syrup is some authoritative source? Lol
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18391 posts
2207 upvotes
Woodbridge
There will always be issues but is it being addressed.

That is OP's point.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Feb 1, 2013
288 posts
258 upvotes
Brother in law had Pixel 1, and my wife had Pixel 2. In both cases, the mic stopped working and neither could be heard on phone calls. I will never buy a Pixel just based on those experiences. Lol
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18929 posts
8546 upvotes
Oakville
s1gfromwpg wrote: Brother in law had Pixel 1, and my wife had Pixel 2. In both cases, the mic stopped working and neither could be heard on phone calls. I will never buy a Pixel just based on those experiences. Lol
Worth noting that the Pixel/Pixel XL were HTC phones, and the 2 was split between HTC and LG for the regular/XL respectively. It wasn't till the Pixel 3 that Google took over the entire design/manufacturing control, and had Foxconn start manufacturing them based on their own designs.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15607 posts
2247 upvotes
Me262A1 wrote: I never update software/apps/OS unless the update contains a feature I would really like.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I have a phone from 2017 and still uses the original firmware and works flawlessly. Same for apps.

And updates always negatively impacts the performance since the new software is optimized for the newest hardware, making weaker specs phones struggle.
You are the antithesis of security, sir.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4132 posts
1490 upvotes
GTA
Me262A1 wrote: I never update software/apps/OS unless the update contains a feature I would really like.

Lolol