Shopping Discussion

Thinking of going to CBI this Saturday morning. Crazy or not?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2015 10:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1437 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto

Thinking of going to CBI this Saturday morning. Crazy or not?

How crazy are the lines at CBI at 9am on the Saturday after BF?

Thinking of going but if the lines are going to be extra long even that early, I'll wait an extra week before going.

What was your experience?
14 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
25238 posts
6924 upvotes
where I belong
call them?

http://cbiusa.com/
Phone
Fax

Store Hours
Cudaback location:
Mon: 9am – 5pm
Tues: 9am – 5pm
Wed: 9am – 5pm
Thurs: 9am – 7pm
Fri: 9am – 7pm (holiday hours)
Sat: 8am – 5pm (holiday hours)

Military location:
Mon: 11am – 5pm
Tues: 11am – 5pm
Wed: 11am – 5pm
Thurs: 11am – 7pm
Fri: 11am – 7pm
Sat: 10am – 5pm
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Platinum/Biz Plat 100K || Aeroplan Reserve 150K
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4974 upvotes
Here 'n There
I use the NF, NY location of Secure Storage http://wnyselfstorage.com/wny-self-stor ... -falls-ny/ and never have to worry about going there on any day including Saturday as there are never lineups. Same service as CBI with less hassle (no personal info and photocopies of drivers' licenses and passports required when you register, etc) and never a line-up. They get all my business.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1832 posts
250 upvotes
Oakville, ON
CBI did not require a copy of my driver's license or passport and I didn't have to give them any more info then I give any other company. Name, address, etc.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1358 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
StratMangler wrote: How crazy are the lines at CBI at 9am on the Saturday after BF?

Thinking of going but if the lines are going to be extra long even that early, I'll wait an extra week before going.

What was your experience?
I think going on a saturday after cyber monday- ya they could be long. If you get there first thing in the morning- there may still be a line. That being said- the lines are nowhere near as bad as they used to be, but I do find the service very slow.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4974 upvotes
Here 'n There
Guncho wrote: CBI did not require a copy of my driver's license or passport and I didn't have to give them any more info then I give any other company. Name, address, etc.
They do now
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1832 posts
250 upvotes
Oakville, ON
This was just this past August.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't go then, too many ppl with same thought process, OP.

I'd wait it out a little longer or go on a weekday. Everyone is itching and eager to get their BF shopping goodies.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4974 upvotes
Here 'n There
Guncho wrote: This was just this past August.
OK they must've changed it yet again. Anyway, at the same price of five dollars I'm not sure why people CBI when other options like the one I mentioned are just as good with no lineups.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8434 posts
2084 upvotes
eonibm wrote: I use the NF, NY location of Secure Storage http://wnyselfstorage.com/wny-self-stor ... -falls-ny/ and never have to worry about going there on any day including Saturday as there are never lineups. Same service as CBI with less hassle (no personal info and photocopies of drivers' licenses and passports required when you register, etc) and never a line-up. They get all my business.
Don't see much info on the website. What the price per package? Do they have a bulk rate or annual package? Storage fees?
Feb 1, 2015
888 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'll be going on Saturday morning. I don't expect anything more than a 10 minute wait. I've been over every Black Friday and the following weekend to pick up packages for a few years now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1437 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
ironmen77 wrote: I'll be going on Saturday morning. I don't expect anything more than a 10 minute wait. I've been over every Black Friday and the following weekend to pick up packages for a few years now.
Certainly a much more helpful comment than DJ Peanuts'. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1505 posts
744 upvotes
go early and you'll be ok.
Jun 10, 2004
616 posts
1286 upvotes
Toronto
I went tonight.... It was open until 7 PM. Only 12 people in line. Grabbed a coffee. Excellent service (as always.)

-Callahan-