Travel

Thirsty? Think twice about Hotel room glasses...

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2016 7:50 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16721 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto

Thirsty? Think twice about Hotel room glasses...

Yikes! I think I'm going to think twice before using a glass in the hotel room bathroom now...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... nk-8108122

(Looks like it might only be a UK/USA story link. I'm not sure if there is any Canadian information available)
6 replies
May 28, 2012
11261 posts
3476 upvotes
Saskatoon
It's no different than your own bathroom. You can always wash it before using...it's made of glass, so it's washable.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3469 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote: It's no different than your own bathroom. You can always wash it before using...it's made of glass, so it's washable.
Yes. I always buy a small bottle of dish detergent on arrival and wash the glasses before each use (I also buy wine so use the glasses). Twice I have walked back into a hotel room and found housekeeping wiping the glasses with the toilet rag.

I had read this happened but was rather shocked to see it. I use the dish detergent to wash small garments and then leave the bottle in the hotel because the last thing I want to happen is to have a bottle of very concentrated dish detergent leak.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7726 posts
1607 upvotes
Wow, the Mirror is seriously recycling news from the ABC report that came out in 2008 ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1294 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
You're reading an article in The Mirror with some sources from The Sun? I'm surprised they haven't claimed it's an EU directive for them to be dirty.
Feb 11, 2009
985 posts
239 upvotes
I'm not sure what's worst- a dirty rag to clean the glasses, or windex.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16721 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
hdom wrote: Wow, the Mirror is seriously recycling news from the ABC report that came out in 2008 ??
Yeah, I found that funny too. I didn't catch that at first. In my original posting I provided direct links to both sources. I deleted the ABC link because it is shockingly old and the link is in the article anyway.
At least the link I provided is current.