Cell Phones

Those with $60/10Gb plans..... Price auto increase to $65 (Fido/Rogers) $70 (Telus)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 7:55 am
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 14, 2011
163 posts
37 upvotes
Christmas Island
Pavel wrote: Koodo will likely follow suit.

The next question is what are our options besides fleeing to Freedom Mobile. Is the Quebec Koodo $49/6 GB workaround for out of province still working?
Wrong. Koodo guarantees prices won't change so long as you don't change anything in the plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1202 posts
410 upvotes
London, ON
rebootme wrote: Wrong. Koodo guarantees prices won't change so long as you don't change anything in the plan.
You should read their terms
off contract plans can change at any time. 30 day notification is all they need.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1614 posts
898 upvotes
Kitchener
lovecellphones wrote: Anytime when someone leave Fido Fido give them a call back.
and offered 25% discount from plan.

i will port out and will wait for call from fido.
I would be surprised if they will do that for ppl on these plans

I have fido 10 for 60 too. Please let us know of this works
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
8998 posts
10019 upvotes
I have a feeling they'll call your bluff. What real alternatives do you have (at that price point with their type of coverage) .... It's basically an oligopoly and they know that
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7634 posts
1399 upvotes
If Koodo can offer a phone on medium tab on this plan, them I'm not too worried as it means this plan is quite profitable and they are unlikely to raise it.

I just signed a 2 year tab on Koodo with 60$/10 and sold the phone. Safe for 2 years I guess...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 22, 2004
6566 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
rebootme wrote: Wrong. Koodo guarantees prices won't change so long as you don't change anything in the plan.
This guarantee is in writing? If not, it's meaningless.,
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 22, 2004
6566 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
EPcjay wrote: If Koodo can offer a phone on medium tab on this plan, them I'm not too worried as it means this plan is quite profitable and they are unlikely to raise it.

I just signed a 2 year tab on Koodo with 60$/10 and sold the phone. Safe for 2 years I guess...
Is this a renewal or retention plan?

How much are you paying for the phone and what other charges/credits, if any are applied?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5464 posts
1299 upvotes
Mississauga
EPcjay wrote: If Koodo can offer a phone on medium tab on this plan, them I'm not too worried as it means this plan is quite profitable and they are unlikely to raise it.

I just signed a 2 year tab on Koodo with 60$/10 and sold the phone. Safe for 2 years I guess...
koodo won't raise their rates on customers even if they can...
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2008
912 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
This is so dirty. What's everyone going to do? Port out or just pay the extra $5 every month?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
8998 posts
10019 upvotes
Pho6 wrote: This is so dirty. What's everyone going to do? Port out or just pay the extra $5 every month?
Personally I'm staying, there's no comparable alternative, plus they gave me an additional 2gb data when I got the 10gb/$60 plan last year
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7634 posts
1399 upvotes
Pavel wrote: Is this a renewal or retention plan?

How much are you paying for the phone and what other charges/credits, if any are applied?
I jumped on the specials leading up to Christmas. There's a thread on it. Basically logged in the self serve, saw that they had a special offer. Sign up for a tab on medium and keep my existing plan.

I got a refurb iPhone 8 for 0$ (360 on tab). Pay 15$ extra per month to pay the tab off.

Sold the iPhone for 500$. Planning to pay the tab off in full next month. But now this increase is coming down the line, maybe I won't...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2083 posts
1546 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: network and service investments? haha, Rogers has been going downhill for years in Niagara. It's actually pretty infuriating how many dead zones there are now.
Rogers is doing 5g upgrades which is expensive and paid a lot of money for and nobody to cost share with unlike bellus

But they were stupid and went with Ericsson for 5g equipment instead of cheaper and better Huawei stuff like other big telcos
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 18, 2005
19112 posts
2379 upvotes
Niagara Falls
StatsGuy wrote: Rogers is doing 5g upgrades which is expensive and paid a lot of money for and nobody to cost share with unlike bellus

But they were stupid and went with Ericsson for 5g equipment instead of cheaper and better Huawei stuff like other big telcos
That was their decision to go it alone though. I'm just saying, since Bell/Telus started sharing towers, their signal has been significantly better in Niagara than Rogers has been. If my work wasn't with Rogers I certainly wouldn't be using them to provide services.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 1, 2008
1575 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto
I hopped onto the Fido $60/10GB plan during Boxing Day 2017, and am unhappy with this price increase but I don't think there's anything comparable on the market atm and I don't want to switch providers since I have a few lines with them.. I doubt Fido can offer $5 off per month with this price increase but I might ask and see if they can give me an add-on or something for free lol
Sr. Member
May 18, 2007
633 posts
96 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: That was their decision to go it alone though. I'm just saying, since Bell/Telus started sharing towers, their signal has been significantly better in Niagara than Rogers has been. If my work wasn't with Rogers I certainly wouldn't be using them to provide services.
To me, Rogers/Fido is always the last resort to deal with, period.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)