Cell Phones

Those with $60/10Gb plans..... Price auto increase to $65 (Fido/Rogers) $70 (Telus)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 7:55 am
Jan 11, 2002
976 posts
334 upvotes
Midland
I use to be with Rogers under that great EPP $50 plan. Well that was amazing about 4 years ago plus a $0 Blackberry. I ported to Koodo in the summer and never got a call from Rogers offering one of these generous migration.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1865 posts
701 upvotes
It's hilarious the lack of creativity they come up with to increase their revenue lol. So lazy all around.

Edit: If Telus or Bell were smart, they should re-open the plan again at $60 a month. Get those consumers who are about to pay $5 more a month. And THEN jack up the prices 6 months down the road or so lol.
Last edited by MyNameWasTaken on Jan 4th, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5340 posts
1219 upvotes
Mississauga
i don't even know why ppl are still with Rogers.... the rfd consensus is to join public mobile... and wait for a migration text to koodo....koodo has the best deals for phones and plans by a mile....
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1865 posts
701 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 1:59 pm
i don't even know why ppl are still with Rogers.... the rfd consensus is to join public mobile... and wait for a migration text to koodo....koodo has the best deals for phones and plans by a mile....
Marketing and branding. Rogers is everywhere. Also, corporate plans. And lastly, people will avoid public mobile, because Rogers looks like a "premium brand." Some people care about the image, and would rather convince themselves to be on a bigger network.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5340 posts
1219 upvotes
Mississauga
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:01 pm
Marketing and branding. Rogers is everywhere. Also, corporate plans. And lastly, people will avoid public mobile, because Rogers looks like a "premium brand." Some people care about the image, and would rather convince themselves to be on a bigger network.
is Rogers network really bigger than bell/telus?

and being on pm is just a temporary measure...lol
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1865 posts
701 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:05 pm
is Rogers network really bigger than bell/telus?

and being on pm is just a temporary measure...lol
By bigger network, I just meant one of the Big 3, but in this case Rogers. I should also add that I meant those people are also naive lol

Nothing wrong with Public Mobile, although their website was crap when I was on it. A good initiative but they really made it bare bones and non consumer friendly.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5340 posts
1219 upvotes
Mississauga
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:09 pm
By bigger network, I just meant one of the Big 3, but in this case Rogers. I should also add that I meant those people are also naive lol

Nothing wrong with Public Mobile, although their website was crap when I was on it. A good initiative but they really made it bare bones and non consumer friendly.
long term, for sure don't stay with pm cuz they don't have phones...

The average time for migration text is about 1-2 months...

Koodo is the final destination.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1865 posts
701 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:13 pm
long term, for sure don't stay with pm cuz they don't have phones...

The average time for migration text is about 1-2 months...

Koodo is the final destination.
Godspeed Ducky... Godspeed....
Oct 31, 2010
52 posts
12 upvotes
Victoria
I'd recommend pursuing this with Rogers support, the CCTS and the Competition Bureau. I was able to get a $5/month credit on my account for a year through Rogers support, but it took having a CCTS complaint on the books for leverage. This is the first time my plan has ever changed without me changing it, so it was important to me to stand up to the principle of the issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1726 posts
1281 upvotes
Bay Area
Pho6 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 9:01 am
This is so dirty. What's everyone going to do? Port out or just pay the extra $5 every month?
Learn to live with less data, then switch to Zoomer's $36/4GB plan if it's still available. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

(but seriously unless you're streaming videos and Instagramming all day, you don't "need" 10GB)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5340 posts
1219 upvotes
Mississauga
arkane wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:57 pm
Learn to live with less data, then switch to Zoomer's $36/4GB plan if it's still available. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

(but seriously unless you're streaming videos and Instagramming all day, you don't "need" 10GB)
i do not stream videos or instagram....i need about 6gb monthly... streaming audio adds up..lol
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4333 posts
1790 upvotes
Mississauga
Someone’s gotta pay for Rogers’ crappy NHL broadcast rights deal...
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2476 posts
719 upvotes
Woodbridge
EnyCe wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:55 pm
It's kinda ironic how Rogers is the first and currently, the only carrier to increase their prices and still, they earned the lowest of all the carriers during the $60/10GB promotion. 175,000 vs 72,000.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/02/08/cana ... -plan-war/
They were late to the party. I jumped to Telus before Rogers even offered it. Then Rogers wanted me back. Thank goodness I said no. Now I'll get to enjoy a few more months of $60 :D