Shopping Discussion

For those who ordered big screen TV's from FS online Boxing Day.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2004 9:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 26, 2003
415 posts
31 upvotes

For those who ordered big screen TV's from FS online Boxing Day.

Have you heard anything about delivery yet? I ordered mine online on December 25th at 1:00am and haven't heard anything about delivery.
4 replies
Dec 22, 2004
461 posts
I am also waiting. I called FS, and apparently they have tentatively scheduled a Jan 2 delivery (sunday? hah... okay...), but no "time" yet, or something. Apparently they are supposed to send an e-mail "2 days before" confirming time/date, and if I'm not able to be present at that time, then I have to reply to that e-mail. blechhh.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11240 posts
559 upvotes
Ottawa
From what I read on the FS checkout screen, alot of big screen TVs are "special orders", which means their payment and shipping will not be processed until the beginning of January.
- Absolute
Dec 22, 2004
461 posts
Absolute wrote:From what I read on the FS checkout screen, alot of big screen TVs are "special orders", which means their payment and shipping will not be processed until the beginning of January.
that is not entirely true. while yes, they are special orders, the processing has already taken place- the slow part is scheduling the shipment. if the product is "INVOICED" (which mine is), then the payment/billing and so on has already been taken care of. the product has been shipped out of the warehouse and now is in the hands of the delivery company (FS or otherwise/proprietary), which is what i was told on the phone. the weakest link seems to be transportation / setting a time for delivery rather than "processing"