[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
17000 posts
6877 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

For Those Who Wanted a Hellcat SUV

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-do ... tos-video/
Dodge will only offer the Durango SRT Hellcat for the 2021 model year. It will not be a limited edition model, but demand and a six-month production run, which begins early next year, could keep the total number built to less than 2,000, according to Tim Kuniskis, global head of Alfa Romeo and head of passenger cars for FCA North America. That said, Kunikis admitted he does not know what the Durango SRT Hellcat's final production figures. Dealers will start taking orders in the fall for the high-powered family hauler, with deliveries slated for early 2021.
Good ol American muscle. This is gonna be nice in a sea of German V8s that we see everywhere in Markham and Richmond Hill.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
70 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19177 posts
19127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
But why? It's a CUV...

Yay so fun hammering the throttle from the traffic lights lol
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
Yawn. It's already out. It's call a trackhawk.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12918 posts
7676 upvotes
Brampton
EP32k2 wrote: But why? It's a CUV...

Yay so fun hammering the throttle from the traffic lights lol
Nah nah this is a real deal SUV. The Durango is BOF with the engine mounted the right way. Lets at least give it that.
koffey wrote: Yawn. It's already out. It's call a trackhawk.
Nah. This seats 7.

I have a soft spot for ridiculous cars. As much as I normally hate MOPARs I will def give anything that comes from SRT respect. At least they stick true to their roots. Brute American power in cars that don't make sense. I appreciate any company that still stuff like that and we can't let the Germans have all the fun.
What's the fun in doing boring stuff all the time? Then all we'd have would be Toyotas.

I never lost hope that they'd make an SRT Caravan or Pacifica.
Last edited by tebore on Jul 3rd, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37864 posts
23963 upvotes
Center of Universe
It's going to cost the same as a Model X P100D.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
tebore wrote: Nah nah this is a real deal SUV. The Durango is BOF with the engine mounted the right way. Lets at least give it that.

Nah. This seats 7.

I have a soft spot for ridiculous cars. As much as I normally hate MOPARs I will def give anything that comes from SRT respect. At least they stick true to their roots. Brute American power in cars that don't make sense. I appreciate any company that still stuff like that and we can't let the Germans have all the fun.
What's the fun in doing boring stuff all the time? Then all we'd have would be Toyotas.

lol, 2 extra fatties in the seats is going to make this even slower option than the trackhawk.

Never knew why people need so much seating. Guess when you have a kid or two and you and your wife live at your parents house....

:lol:
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
17000 posts
6877 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
koffey wrote: Never knew why people need so much seating. Guess when you have a kid or two and you and your wife live at your parents house....
Same reason why people buy CUVs with useless back seats like the Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3, and Toyota C-HR.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31908 posts
18911 upvotes
Toronto
I guess this would be a $100,000 dodge ? Sorry, you may get laughed at by people in Markham / Richmond Hill.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12918 posts
7676 upvotes
Brampton
booblehead wrote: I guess this would be a $100,000 dodge ? Sorry, you may get laughed at by people in Markham / Richmond Hill.
You don't live near Unionville I guess? AMG and M are old news.

There's a bunch fuerdai that went with Trackhawks to flant their money.
Last edited by tebore on Jul 3rd, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19177 posts
19127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tebore wrote: Nah nah this is a real deal SUV. The Durango is BOF with the engine mounted the right way. Lets at least give it that.

Nah. This seats 7.

Ah ok. At least the engine is sick lol
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19177 posts
19127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tebore wrote: You don't leave near Unionville I guess? AMG and M are old news.

There's a bunch fuerdai that went with Trackhawks to flant their money.
This is true. At my kids school there's a couple of chinese mommies driving trackhawks. Guess they'll be upgrading soon LOL
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12918 posts
7676 upvotes
Brampton
koffey wrote: lol, 2 extra fatties in the seats is going to make this even slower option than the trackhawk.

Never knew why people need so much seating. Guess when you have a kid or two and you and your wife live at your parents house....

Bet you it's gonna be faster than a WRX even when loaded with fatties and camping gear... :twisted:
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
tebore wrote: Bet you it's gonna be faster than a WRX even when loaded with fatties and camping gear... :twisted:
guaranteed! Especially when my sti was used for this. Bet I can find dozens for suv/cuvs/trucks that never had over $200 of wood loaded into it. And lets see how would actually buy this, I bet I can already invision the type of market that would look at a dodge product and say, NEVER or only Honda/Toyota. Markets already looking slim. At least wrx has a market.

Capture.JPG

DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12918 posts
7676 upvotes
Brampton
koffey wrote: guaranteed! Especially when my sti was used for this. Bet I can find dozens for suv/cuvs/trucks that never had over $200 of wood loaded into it. And lets see how would actually buy this, I bet I can already invision the type of market that would look at a dodge product and say, NEVER or only Honda/Toyota. Markets already looking slim. At least wrx has a market.

Capture.JPG

There's def a market for this. There's more to the market than RFD.
In my neighbourhood there's guys who have a Ferrari in the Garage and a Raptor on the driveway. Down the street from that is a Trackhawk and a Odyssey.
There's a Fuerdai that has a Tricked out M4 (full race setup) towed by a GLE63 (Didn't even know it could tow) or a Raptor Both the AMG and M are wrapped and has Vossens. I take random detours on my runs just see the cars around my neighbourhood.
Of course there's also all the Telsas.

I just wish the driver skill matched the cars.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
2896 posts
4578 upvotes
Somewhere in AB
booblehead wrote: I guess this would be a $100,000 dodge ? Sorry, you may get laughed at by people in Markham / Richmond Hill.
This will cost at least $150K CAD, as the trackhawk costs well over $120K CAD.

Sick beast of an SUV, that's for sure.
Be Balanced. Be Diversified. Stay Invested.
Sep 15, 2017
806 posts
925 upvotes
koffey wrote: lol, 2 extra fatties in the seats is going to make this even slower option than the trackhawk.

Sounds like someone is salty they can't afford a large SUV. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
oilerfan89 wrote: Sounds like someone is salty they can't afford a large SUV. Face With Tears Of Joy
That's the stupidest thing I read all day. But surely I can, just not with 707hp. It doesn't exist yet as a 6 or 7 seater.

:facepalm:
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Oct 24, 2018
384 posts
363 upvotes
The article the OP linked (thanks for the link BTW, I enjoyed reading it) states that the engineers tried to make the suspension more comfortable on auto mode but gave it stiffer strut mounts, all while riding on ridiculous 20" wheels. That thing is going to ride like a concrete block on Barbie's roller skates while tramlining down the 401. I bet the engineers would love to give it 18" wheels so the tires could actually do their job but got overruled by the marketing department.

Tree-huggers will be crying that Fiat is acting irresponsible by producing a vehicle they know won't be able to pass emission rules, but I bet that will also appeal to the core target audience of the vehicle.

I love that vehicles like it exist, I'd never buy one but kudos to Fiat for making it.
Nov 1, 2015
616 posts
299 upvotes
BC
nffclsr wrote: The article the OP linked (thanks for the link BTW, I enjoyed reading it) states that the engineers tried to make the suspension more comfortable on auto mode but gave it stiffer strut mounts, all while riding on ridiculous 20" wheels. That thing is going to ride like a concrete block on Barbie's roller skates while tramlining down the 401. I bet the engineers would love to give it 18" wheels so the tires could actually do their job but got overruled by the marketing department.

Tree-huggers will be crying that Fiat is acting irresponsible by producing a vehicle they know won't be able to pass emission rules, but I bet that will also appeal to the core target audience of the vehicle.

I love that vehicles like it exist, I'd never buy one but kudos to Fiat for making it.
A 20 inch rim on a large performance SUV is pretty standard. The sidewall would still be fairly large.
Oct 24, 2018
384 posts
363 upvotes
Nites07 wrote: A 20 inch rim on a large performance SUV is pretty standard. The sidewall would still be fairly large.
Maybe, but it doesn't really look like it in the pics. I know they also need a large rim to stuff massive brakes under, but I sometimes wonder if multiple smaller calipers could do the same job and be a lower profile over the huge rotors.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)