• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 4:22 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jul 21, 2019
346 posts
652 upvotes

Thought Amazon Cut Ties with FedEx

Thought I read in the news Amazon wasn't doing business with FedEx, but they just shipped a package to me today with FedEx...never had that happen before, has always been Canada Post and Purolator for me (rarely sometimes Canpar). Thought they were done doing any business with them.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9488 posts
1814 upvotes
Toronto
High season now for package shipping so they will ship overflow with anyone that has capacity.
Canada Post is obviously swamped.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1866 posts
2073 upvotes
BC
US only. FedEx said they wanted more money, ball's in Amazon's court.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1029 posts
586 upvotes
London, On
Amazon Canada makes it's own shipping deals. Fedex isn't a major carrier for them, but it's one of the many minor ones.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3592 posts
2309 upvotes
Vancouver
It relates to FedEx Ground only.

Please read the news more carefully.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1029 posts
586 upvotes
London, On
Spinner wrote: It relates to FedEx Ground only.

OP also didn't specify which division it was that delivered it. Might have been Ground, might have been Express. My experience is most people don't differentiate between the 2 and just refer to them all as simply Fedex. Even the colour schemes on the trucks are becoming the same now.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2533 posts
1311 upvotes
London
amazon's shipping system is all automated the item being shipped its input into the systems and it choose the box to use and then from that it calculates the the cheapest way to ship it by checking the rates of all shippers and it picks the lowest one so if on one day that happens to be fedex it goes fedex. also depends on the how much is being shipped that day as each shipper apparently will only take so many packages per day from a company from what people have said the post office is the overflow company now a days so when the other carries like intelcom ups ect are filled up they pick the post office last.
Jun 4, 2018
391 posts
275 upvotes
Windsor/Essex Ontari…
Spinner wrote: It relates to FedEx Ground only.

Please try not to sound like a condescending douche when replying.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5562 posts
2148 upvotes
Debtario
That's great, I love FedEx service (except when buying international). They've screwed me over for brokerage fees before, but have never screwed up the actual delivery. Hats off to them.

Intelcom is the absolute worst, at least in my area. Had 3 orders delivered to the wrong address within the last 6 months, 2 of those were to my neighbours with the house number clearly visible, one was a random address. Fortunately amazon CS was good when I gave them an earful, and all my orders eventually found their way back to me. When I see Intelcom and "your driver is (certain ethnicity)" I just yell **** here we go again! and prepare to see delivery proof at someone elses door.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"