Thoughts about Bell services

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2021 10:35 pm
Dec 29, 2014
577 posts
534 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

Thoughts about Bell services

I’ve been on Rogers for about 15 years now, and my discounted package is expiring in March. I have tv,internet and home phone with them. I’ve been paying $138 every month. The lowest offer they are willing to work with me would be $159.99 +tax +installation fees (2 year contract). It seems like they don’t offer discounts anymore for long term customers or seniors.

Bell is offering;
FIBE TV - STARTER
FIBE 500 - INTERNET
HOME PHONE

All for $95+tax ($45 discount for 12 months)
Original price after discount $140
- Activation fee is $25, having waive all other fees.

I’ve had a bad past with Bell, having shot up prices like no tomorrow. Is the new Bell better than before? Should I stick with Rogers or move? Is Bell better than Rogers? What are your thoughts?
5 replies
Jan 4, 2014
446 posts
569 upvotes
Ancaster
The all suck.
Bell. Rogers. Telus...
Some way or another their hands are going to dig deeper in your pockets
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
You have to realise that Bell never gives you an absolute price, but only a discount relative to the base price.
The base prices go up all the time. And this doesn't include their regular scheduled 'billing errors' that go in their favour 100% of the time.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1829 posts
311 upvotes
Mississauga
I would not touch Bell Hell within a barge pole.

They tell you one price to draw you in then up the price once you have been suckered in.

Worst Company I have ever dealt with.

The fun only starts when you try and get satisfaction and call them. The biggest run around ever. Forget it if you expect to get satisfaction. They will keep transferring you to somebody else. Then goes round in a circle.
Apr 28, 2021
4 posts
New brunswick
Having worked with both Rogers And bell I can say from my own experience, behind the scenes, they operate the same.
One is just as dirty as the other.Pick your poison I suppose,
I just like my poison to have fast internet.
New Brunswick only.
Legally not allowed to advertise.