Cell Phones

Thoughts on Foldables, see yourself buying one? After 48 hours with Flip3...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2021 12:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19285 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge

Thoughts on Foldables, see yourself buying one? After 48 hours with Flip3...

I don't see the point. LOL

I love it but unnecessary, at least with the Flip3. I didn't want to buy the Fold3 because I didn't wanna love and dropped $2k on it.

Having an phone unfold into a tablet seems makes more sense, useful.

I guess this is why Apple hasn't released one? How are the overall sales?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
13 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19285 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
The reason I jumped on this is because Note 21 Ultra hot delayed and of course being a Hot Deal, trade-in, Buds2, Duo and Care+.

Not ashamed to admit it, that I'm flexing the Flip3. LOL

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jul 29, 2013
174 posts
256 upvotes
Calgary
After 48 hours. It's seriously cool and one of the fee tech things that really wowed me. Phones have been so blah for the last decade or so and foldables now coming down to a realistic price point is a game changer.

Only gripe is the meh battery life and lack of fast charging.

Screen, camera, etc are top notch and the fact that it folds down into a super small form factor is incredible.
Nov 11, 2006
252 posts
143 upvotes
East Kootenays
No interest personally. Still too pricey for my taste, fragility is of concern especially in my line of work, and really enjoying the battery life that my present device's provide seeing no need to re-enter the "battery anxiety" space (mainly Z Fold 3). Yeah foldable's are cool and all but when it come's right down to it they're not going to provide any more functionality over what I already own.

In saying the above, see them having their place just don't feel it's in the average consumer space. Yeah I'll bet many will buy for the foldable novelty aspect rather than anything else.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3414 posts
3536 upvotes
Montreal
I love the Fold 3 but the battery is really lacking... my job consists of always being on my phone phone I can't get more than 4 hours of screen on time. I don't get how they produced such an amazing phone with such a abs battery.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19285 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
Battery life is an issue because for whatever reason companies THINK we WANT phones to be so thin.

This is why I have 3 phones we me at all times. LOL I have my Anker battery pack.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2083 posts
742 upvotes
Edmonton
No interest in foldable phones, at least with the current implementation.... Twice as thick, twice as heavy if talking about Fold3.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19110 posts
18967 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bembol wrote: Battery life is an issue because for whatever reason companies THINK we WANT phones to be so thin.

This is why I have 3 phones we me at all times. LOL I have my Anker battery pack.
3 phones? Pimp or dealer? Winking Face
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21007 posts
10520 upvotes
Oakville
I have no interest in the Flip 3. If I'm going to have a phone that's twice the thickness of a normal phone (as this one is when folded), I'd rather have a full sized regular phone with a massive battery. It's a fun gimmick but I don't see myself making use of it.

The Fold 3 looks interesting, but battery life + cost mean that I'm still going to wait at least a couple more years before I even consider it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19285 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
Agreed with all the points.

So far the only advantage foldables have is the attention, reactions. LOL

I guess this is why Samsung delayed the Note 21 to give their foldables some spotlight.

I wonder how the sales are?

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2044 posts
1444 upvotes
Vancouver
Wish Apple had a foldable like the Flip3. That'd be soo cool.
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19285 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
Once Apple releases it, Foldables will become standard. LOL

Pricing will be interesting.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4903 posts
2136 upvotes
Vancity
Let me correct that for you.
bembol wrote: Once Apple releases invents it, Foldables will become standard. LOL

Pricing will be interesting very expensive.
signature closed for renovation
May 12, 2004
934 posts
186 upvotes
For my wife, the flip is good for her as its compact for purse. That and coolness are that interests her.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)