• Aug 1st, 2020 4:44 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 28, 2017
799 posts
808 upvotes

Thoughts on this monitor? asus vg249q 250 at best buy

Asus VG249Q at 249.99

IPS, high refresh, high response, freesync, adaptive sync.

I had been looking at the $230 Acer deal at best buy but had not settled on my budget and didn't know whether I would be getting a graphics card to push past the 75hz on the costco AOC's. And didn't want to commit to two of them.

I'd like to go dual monitor and while not 100% necessary i'd rather they match in exterior appearance. So for instance if the AOC 24G2 was in stock anywhere I could match that with a costco 75hz one. Haven't found much of a discount on matching an Acer.

So the question is, how does this compare in quality to the Acer and AOC high refresh sub $300 monitors? And does Asus have an identical size and bezel lower spec'ed one I could pair it with for my non gaming display?

In short is this good enough to jump on or should I just wait out Best Buy's next sale on the Acer Nitro? And should I just bite the bullet and get dual 144hz, or is there a good chance with any of these to save a buck on a 'matching' workstation monitor?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
solid price for this monitor 144hz freesync and gsync (from what i read from reviews with 1080p. expect to pay twice that price for 2k it makes almost no sense right now but i did it anyway but sometimes regret.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5636 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
nevyn1234 wrote: Asus VG249Q at 249.99

IPS, high refresh, high response, freesync, adaptive sync.

I had been looking at the $230 Acer deal at best buy but had not settled on my budget and didn't know whether I would be getting a graphics card to push past the 75hz on the costco AOC's. And didn't want to commit to two of them.

I'd like to go dual monitor and while not 100% necessary i'd rather they match in exterior appearance. So for instance if the AOC 24G2 was in stock anywhere I could match that with a costco 75hz one. Haven't found much of a discount on matching an Acer.

So the question is, how does this compare in quality to the Acer and AOC high refresh sub $300 monitors? And does Asus have an identical size and bezel lower spec'ed one I could pair it with for my non gaming display?

In short is this good enough to jump on or should I just wait out Best Buy's next sale on the Acer Nitro? And should I just bite the bullet and get dual 144hz, or is there a good chance with any of these to save a buck on a 'matching' workstation monitor?
It was good to me. I had a scratch on my second one (dead pixel on first one). But I did return it and just kept the acer one. I would have stuck with asus if acer wasn't cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6039 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
I have 2 of these and I think they are good. I don’t have much exp with other monitors so can’t really compare.
Images
  • D5371CF2-2B45-4824-8759-8F29C1BB8EFF.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4384 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
I own two of them and I honestly couldn't be happier. Great pricing for the monitor and I am waiting on my vesa mount to come in.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.