Thoughts on [mostly] investing in ETFs
For my TFSAs, I made a list of the ETFs I like from Vanguard:
- VCE - Canadian Market - 36%
- VFV - US Market 50%
- VE - European Market 7%
- VA - Asia Pacific Market 7%
If I ever want higher dividends, I would go with VDY - Canadian dividend paying companies.
Other Investment Companies
I looked at iShares, TD and BMO ETFs but I feel like Vanguard had mostly what I want.
Example, BMO has a China ETF but I rather use VA for exposure to more Asian markets.
Or, TD has TGGR but I could just use VDY above.
Going forward I would like to invest in:
- Mostly Equity/Growth ETFs
- A few specific companies I like
So my questions to you are:
- What do you think of those 6 Vanguard ETFs?
- Are there other ETFs I'm not thinking about?
- Are there ETFs you use from the other 3 (or anywhere else) that you like?
I borrowed over $250K to invest and wanted to document the steps and process. I hope others can learn from my experience.
or in this RedFlagDeals thread