Real Estate

Thoughts / Opinions on Uxbridge, ON?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2021 1:13 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
66 posts
16 upvotes

Thoughts / Opinions on Uxbridge, ON?

Hi
My family is looking to relocate from renting in Milton to Uxbridge, we really like the area and that it is a small town close to the city.
and were wondering what the market is like there and if it would be a good time to buy in the area?

Hoping to find a 2000-2500 sqft home with 4 beds and possibly a finished basement with rec space. Preferably 50' wide lot or more, with a decent backyard...

How much would be looking at spending around now? and any PROs, CONS of the location..
Don't have a realtor and first time looking to buy, if anyone can help us out and give some insight as to the price for something like this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2958 upvotes
keenland
samrulesmonopoly wrote: Hi
My family is looking to relocate from renting in Milton to Uxbridge, we really like the area and that it is a small town close to the city.
and were wondering what the market is like there and if it would be a good time to buy in the area?

Hoping to find a 2000-2500 sqft home with 4 beds and possibly a finished basement with rec space. Preferably 50' wide lot or more, with a decent backyard...

How much would be looking at spending around now? and any PROs, CONS of the location..
Don't have a realtor and first time looking to buy, if anyone can help us out and give some insight as to the price for something like this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Uxbridge compares to Georgetown in the west...decent place to live...limited shopping and services..but it is boonies..depending on where you work, it will be a hike..

I live in NE Markham,, and its a 40 minute drive for me...you will still be 25-30 minutes to Lincoln/stouffeville Go station

if you dont have to commute, probably better than most communitys of equal distance imo
Last edited by cardguy on Jan 30th, 2021 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Mar 19, 2018
20 posts
13 upvotes
There isn’t much in terms of amenities there (stores, community centre,etc) but you will get a lot more land for your buck compared to neighboring Stouffville. When I was looking I found prices to be cheaper for similar houses but there is limited supply.

The drive does suck, I have a friend that lives up there and he is 20 mins from Stouffville and 50 mins from east york on a good day.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2958 upvotes
keenland
Fearofblackplanet wrote: There isn’t much in terms of amenities there (stores, community centre,etc) but you will get a lot more land for your buck compared to neighboring Stouffville. When I was looking I found prices to be cheaper for similar houses but there is limited supply.

The drive does suck, I have a friend that lives up there and he is 20 mins from Stouffville and 50 mins from east york on a good day.
can I bet the over on that timeline?..all day long...even in a lambo that is impossible...I live close and I drive there a lot...no way 50 minutes...even 60 minutes ..
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
66 posts
16 upvotes
Ok thanks - I do understand the comparison to Georgetown they do feel similar...any idea as to pricing for Uxbridge?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2006
2003 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
samrulesmonopoly wrote: Ok thanks - I do understand the comparison to Georgetown they do feel similar...any idea as to pricing for Uxbridge?
What's your budget? There is a BRAND NEW (from the builder) 2800 Sq Ft property currently available. 9' Ceilings, 7' Doors, Quartz Throughout Including Waterfall Centre Island, Detailed Coffered Ceilings And Trims, Led Pot Lights, Engineered Hardwood Throughout, 2nd Floor Laundry, Kitchen Aid S/S Appliances + Integrated Range Hood, 4 Vehicle Drive, Inviting Wrap Around Porch, Fenced Yard. 7 Year Tarion Warranty.
Jay Rana |
Sales Representative, CENTURY 21 Titans Realty Inc. Brokerage
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
66 posts
16 upvotes
Anyone else have insight on the Uxbridge area and pricing for such a home....very new to this
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2006
2003 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
samrulesmonopoly wrote: Anyone else have insight on the Uxbridge area and pricing for such a home....very new to this
Stats based on your requirements from Nov till date
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.44.30 PM.png


Based on the last 3 months
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.51.45 PM.png

Note that prices have been constantly increasing month over month. There are many factors involved in the decision, in terms of commute time based on your preferences and points of interest (work, school, amenities, etc), budget, demographics etc. Just curious as to what factors you've considered so far?
Jay Rana |
Sales Representative, CENTURY 21 Titans Realty Inc. Brokerage
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
66 posts
16 upvotes
Thank you! We work in Markham but currently in a WFH situation, even if we do go back in - I feel the commute isn’t so bad....we’d definitely not want to live in the busyness of Markham as well....Uxbridge seems very quiet and peaceful, with trails all over to keep us busy. so if I am reading the stats properly we’d be looking to spend 1.3M for such a property? Is this expected to keep going up as this year goes on
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2006
2003 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
samrulesmonopoly wrote: Thank you! We work in Markham but currently in a WFH situation, even if we do go back in - I feel the commute isn’t so bad....we’d definitely not want to live in the busyness of Markham as well....Uxbridge seems very quiet and peaceful, with trails all over to keep us busy. so if I am reading the stats properly we’d be looking to spend 1.3M for such a property? Is this expected to keep going up as this year goes on
Right now, 1.3M is likely what you're looking at on the lower end. Price increases are dependent on many factors like inventory and overall market sentiment. We'd look at the rate of appreciation over the last couple of months and use those to factor in the projections for the next couple of months. Pre-Covid, May is the spring peak in the GTA RE market. During covid (last year) even the traditionally stagnant months (Nov-Jan) experienced record gains and surpassed each other setting new peak prices. That trend is still continuing.
Jay Rana |
Sales Representative, CENTURY 21 Titans Realty Inc. Brokerage
Sr. Member
Feb 10, 2008
640 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
We moved to Uxbridge from mid town Toronto a little over 3 years ago and just love it here. I work in Markham and my wife is WFH. My commute pre-covid was about 45 minutes each way (to Warden and 14th Ave area). Basically no traffic north of major Mackenzie so it's a consistent commute. Snow storms of course can make it longer.

As for amenities...I'd say everything I need is generally in town. Not as much selection and cheap groceries is an issue. I actually order online at Walmart and go pickup at Stouffville supercenter. About a 20 minute drive. The only other time I find myself going out of town for much for a Lowe's or Home Depot. We have a Rona here but it's not very big.

Some of the restaurants here are fantastic. But again, somewhat limited since it's a small town. We were at Yonge and Eglinton and I definitely miss the variety of food in that area. There is also no Uber eats here, so if you want food after 9 or 10 at night, you're pretty much limited to pizza for delivery anyway.

We moved since we have a young daughter and it's a great town to raise kids. Everyone is super friendly and lots to do with the trails and parks.

Pricing I don't think is cheap though...and very limited selection of houses. Prices have really jumped the last couple months like everywhere else so you'd have to be ready to move fast if you find something you like.

Now if I was younger, I'd probably find this town boring AF, but for our lifestyle it's perfect.

Weekends if traffic isn't bad we can drive downtown Toronto in about an hour if we need to.

PM me if you want any more details.
Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2011
408 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto
Keeping an eye on that area for a while now... Supply is as you can expect very limited. So if you see something you like - pounce and be prepared to go over asking. gl!
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
66 posts
16 upvotes
Thank you! Gives us a better idea on how much we would need to be prepared to spend, we really like the feel of the town and feel as though it’s worth it. We noticed that a 3 bed 1800 sqft listed at 850k and sold for 1M...we were very surprised, months prior it was much more reasonable...
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
66 posts
16 upvotes
Great to hear from someone that also made the move to Uxbridge recently, appreciate all the insight into the town and gives us a lot to look forward to. Thank you so much. Seems like a hidden gem within the gta that is now being discovered and prices are going up up up :(
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
66 posts
16 upvotes
This is so true...it’s such a nice area and getting so difficult to buy in.

thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2006
2003 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
samrulesmonopoly wrote: This is so true...it’s such a nice area and getting so difficult to buy in.

thank you
Unfortunately this is the case everywhere in the 'burbs. COVID-19 and companies allowing near-permanent work-from-home is driving families to the outer areas so they can get more bang for their buck vs closer to the city, plus enough yard space for leisure time. If you end up seeing something and liking it, and if it doesn't have an offer date on it, I would suggest jumping on it with your agent asap (if the fundamentals makes sense to you)! Good luck!
Jay Rana |
Sales Representative, CENTURY 21 Titans Realty Inc. Brokerage
Member
Oct 30, 2017
446 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
I am keeping my eye on Uxbridge real estate as well. Imo if you move all the way out there you might as well buy a nice house on a large lot.

It is a little far from Toronto. I am waiting to hear what the work from home policy will be like at my workplace. If we only have to come in 2-3 times a week then it might be viable to move all the way out there.

Property taxes must be high because of Durham?

Top