• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2018 7:48 pm
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto

Thoughts on PC Insurance

I have been getting some quotes manually online, and PC Insurance seems to show the best price.

Any feedback or reviews? I know on Google the reviews are all bad, but that is the case for almost any insurance company.

BTW, their car insurance quote does not include accident forgiveness, you know how much extra it would be ?
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4276 posts
2594 upvotes
Toronto, ON
john5170 wrote: I have been getting some quotes manually online, and PC Insurance seems to show the best price.

Any feedback or reviews? I know on Google the reviews are all bad, but that is the case for almost any insurance company.

BTW, their car insurance quote does not include accident forgiveness, you know how much extra it would be ?
Personally, I've had PC insurance for nearly 8 years under my parents policy. If I'm not mistaken they've changed now to RSA (Royal and Sun Alliance)? Their a very good company, I would highly recommend. My rates did not increase and as far as service goes, any issue we had it got resolved in a matter of days. Never had any billing or premium concerns with them. I am not sure the cost of accident forgiveness, but it's well worth the money to get it. As first at-fault accidents will not affect your premiums with this add-on. Google reviews are good for just knowledge base but it's always good to check it out yourself.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4638 posts
1359 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Call a Broker or Agent to get a real comparison done
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9341 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
online quotes are not always accurate - always follow up with the Broker in person and if you qualify, make sure you do add the accident waiver protection coverage. Each company charges a different premium... I believe the highest I've seen is some where around 105/year... which imo isn't that much considering what the coverage is.
john5170 wrote: I have been getting some quotes manually online, and PC Insurance seems to show the best price.

RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
sixer wrote: Call a Broker or Agent to get a real comparison done
Why is that? broker can get me a better price? I thought since the intermediary collects commissions, the price will be higher...

Or by broker you mean, a direct employee/representative from that insurance company?
Jun 15, 2016
377 posts
235 upvotes
john5170 wrote: Why is that? broker can get me a better price? I thought since the intermediary collects commissions, the price will be higher...

Or by broker you mean, a direct employee/representative from that insurance company?
PC Insurance, is actually a broker. They get paid the same commission as any other broker, that is playing your insurance with whatever company it may be.

Source: multiple years working as an insurance broker.
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
Mikenello wrote: PC Insurance, is actually a broker. They get paid the same commission as any other broker, that is playing your insurance with whatever company it may be.

Source: multiple years working as an insurance broker.
Well, in that case, most 'insurance companies' are actually brokers. Because I know they are under-written by another company.

PS. I have no insurance experience, so if you can elaborate more, and give some tips, that would be useful.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9341 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
a Broker gets commissions from premiums, agents get paid salary and /or commission from premiums.. same way they earn their income
A broker is not an employee of any insurance company, an agent is an employee of an insurance company
john5170 wrote: Why is that? broker can get me a better price? I thought since the intermediary collects commissions, the price will be higher...

[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
COSMIC5 wrote: a Broker gets commissions from premiums, agents get paid salary and /or commission from premiums.. same way they earn their income
A broker is not an employee of any insurance company, an agent is an employee of an insurance company
Got it. So what would be a good alternative to PC Insurance that would give me a similar price?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9341 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
impossible to fathom a guess.. you"ll just have to call some brokers and ask for a quote
john5170 wrote: Got it. So what would be a good alternative to PC Insurance that would give me a similar price?