• Jan 27th, 2020 10:51 am
Tags:
Jul 26, 2013
949 posts
952 upvotes
CALGARY

Thoughts on this wiring job?

https://i.imgur.com/DuKy5T7l.jpg

Just had a alarm put in on my 9th gen civic. This is where they chose to pass through the firewall. To me, this looks like a poor choice when there are smaller unused grommets/plugs available. The area they chose to pass through looks like the major wiring artery from the battery to the interior fuse box. I'm a little disappointed they would choose to f**k with it. What are your thoughts?
12 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
no clue

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 14, 2016
597 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
I have no clue either, but which shop is this? So I don't take my vehicle there possibly.
Jul 26, 2013
949 posts
952 upvotes
CALGARY
Hiend87 wrote: I have no clue either, but which shop is this? So I don't take my vehicle there possibly.
Autotemp in north Calgary.
They're actually closing for good in a week from now lol....maybe this is why
Jun 14, 2016
597 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
findmesumdealz wrote: Autotemp in north Calgary.
They're actually closing for good in a week from now lol....maybe this is why
Well isn't that convenient for them. Appreciate it. Hope the wiring is ok though.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
What's the concern wiring through the firewall?
Jul 26, 2013
949 posts
952 upvotes
CALGARY
vkizzle wrote: What's the concern wiring through the firewall?
No major concerns.
I am however not entirely impressed with this passthrough as I have heard using such a major factory artery can cause damage to other wiring and possible leakage?
Especially when other grommets/plugs are available for use.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2463 posts
1401 upvotes
After-market wiring is almost always a crapshoot, especially since the technician can't take a whole boatload of time on it to meet the price point that the consumer wants. While I personally would've made other choices, that choice of penetration is probably not in and of itself problematic. The old adage, "if you want something done properly, you have to do it yourself" probably applies.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
findmesumdealz wrote: https://i.imgur.com/DuKy5T7l.jpg

Just had a alarm put in on my 9th gen civic. This is where they chose to pass through the firewall. To me, this looks like a poor choice when there are smaller unused grommets/plugs available. The area they chose to pass through looks like the major wiring artery from the battery to the interior fuse box. I'm a little disappointed they would choose to f**k with it. What are your thoughts?
I have a 10th Gen civic and assuming there's a grommet down by the hood release that's where mine was ran for a monoblock amplifier connection.

If it works then it works for you but I wouldn't have done that at all.

Where did you get this done?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
Suck it up and next time run the wire yourself to your satisfaction. Boy people on rfd love crying over spilt milk.
Dec 15, 2015
706 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
findmesumdealz wrote: https://i.imgur.com/DuKy5T7l.jpg

Perfectly okay spot to run it through, tons of room in that grommet. Its no where near the main harness. The smaller grommets usually pop out and you usually end up filling them with dum dum and end up leaking.

What will give you all you need to know about your installer is the way the main harness and module are taped and secured. I'd also check under the hood for loom.
Jul 19, 2010
886 posts
566 upvotes
Calgary
nothing wrong with that.. If you are really that concerned, you could have paid $$ and got the new viper blue tooth siren. (of course would have have to have gotten their new ds4 alarm /starter module too)..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)