[3 HK] Mobile Data 10GB (CA/US/AUS/NZ/UK) eSIM - $138 HKD/$22 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2021 4:53 am
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1473 posts
962 upvotes
GTA
fjanicki wrote: So I made another test, which is to add a 2nd (more expensive) eSim, something called "RedteaGO" and switch the profile to use this one instead of the 3hk one and tiktok still dosent work. I think that if the profile is installed in your Apple Device, it will simply refuse to work, even if it's not the one currently active. I don't care much about TikTok but I just found that odd.
you can rename the esim profile and change apn. that would be really strange if tiktok still thinks 3hk esim is still there
++ $8 talk text data plan + $0 3GB data only plan + Pixel 3a XL
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3378 posts
2474 upvotes
GTA
I feel if a Chinese app isn't being allowed to used in HK + West Taiwan is probably an app you shouldn't be running in the first place
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1050 posts
517 upvotes
Montreal
flaming homer wrote: I feel if a Chinese app isn't being allowed to used in HK + West Taiwan is probably an app you shouldn't be running in the first place
I agree with you. In reality I dont really care about TikTok I am just trying to understand what's going on and see this as a small challenge.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3173 posts
2238 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
flaming homer wrote: I feel if a Chinese app isn't being allowed to used in HK + West Taiwan is probably an app you shouldn't be running in the first place
The reason that Tik Tok is banned in Hong Kong is that there is a Chinese version called DouYin (also managed by Byte Dance, the company behind Tik Tok) that is officially sanctioned for use within the Chinese Territory. If Tik Tok wants to operate within Chinese territory then they should follow Chinese laws, just like how all of the big social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc. needs to follow US laws to operate in America.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4178 posts
1495 upvotes
Durham Region
With the border finally reopening, I think I'll go ahead and pick up the 365 day version of this esim to use for my cross border trips. Don't think there's anything out there that's better value.
Apr 24, 2010
814 posts
517 upvotes
Canada
AsianXL wrote: The reason that Tik Tok is banned in Hong Kong is that there is a Chinese version called DouYin (also managed by Byte Dance, the company behind Tik Tok) that is officially sanctioned for use within the Chinese Territory. If Tik Tok wants to operate within Chinese territory then they should follow Chinese laws, just like how all of the big social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc. needs to follow US laws to operate in America.
Hong Kong didn't ban Tik Tok. It was Tik Tok pulled out of Hong Kong hoping to avoid Trump's sanction.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23874 posts
19695 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ZenaZ927 wrote: anyone tried esim.me yet?
If you read upthread you'll see that they haven't even shipped their SIM cards yet. They're located in Germany so even when they start shipping it will take at least a week or two for the cards to arrive.
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 21, 2011
119 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary
I've just got a refund for the duplicated orders

It takes almost one month, just a heads up if someone encountered same situation
Nov 23, 2008
312 posts
230 upvotes
ZenaZ927 wrote: anyone tried esim.me yet?
I just ordered one, will see how it goes when it arrives from Germany.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3173 posts
2238 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
shortye wrote: I just ordered one, will see how it goes when it arrives from Germany.
Awesome, please report back.
Nov 20, 2019
29 posts
92 upvotes
Just used this for 10 days in the US and worked perfectly.

I did need to use a VPN to be able to use the EZPass app, if anyone is planning to drive.
Jul 16, 2013
595 posts
195 upvotes
shortye wrote: I just ordered one, will see how it goes when it arrives from Germany.
please do update here. I think lots r at the fence to get one! Thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3173 posts
2238 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Abolishedsoul wrote: Just used this for 10 days in the US and worked perfectly.

I did need to use a VPN to be able to use the EZPass app, if anyone is planning to drive.
Which networks did you connect to?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1380 posts
28 upvotes
Does this work with Uber and Uber Eats? Did you need to use VPN to get them to work? I searched the thread and it doesn’t look like anyone tried it yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3173 posts
2238 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Raven_007 wrote: Does this work with Uber and Uber Eats? Did you need to use VPN to get them to work? I searched the thread and it doesn’t look like anyone tried it yet.
Surprisingly, Uber Eats work.
Aug 12, 2014
297 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Raven_007 wrote: Does this work with Uber and Uber Eats? Did you need to use VPN to get them to work? I searched the thread and it doesn’t look like anyone tried it yet.
it should, i've used a New Zealand sim card in the US and it didn't need VPN to work, not only that my uber account is associated with my canadian number.
Nov 5, 2015
224 posts
158 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just spent a week in the USA: two phones, two 3HK eSIM plans, both 365-day 35 GB. Selected AT&T as the network: ping was slow, very slight, but noticeable delay to get things going, but then download and upload speeds are very fast. Completely useable for travel, highly recommend. Personally wouldn't use as primary data service in Canada, tested it on the Rogers network and the very slight, but noticeable delay in the ping is okay when I'm on vacation, but not for regular day-to-day, IMO.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3378 posts
2474 upvotes
GTA
AsianXL wrote: Surprisingly, Uber Eats work.
That shouldn't be a surprise - tourists are expected to use Uber/UberEats/Grab while travelling

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

cllo