Nov 10, 2011
825 posts
755 upvotes
St. Catharines

ThruNite Ti2 flashlight free + $5.95US shipping

Deal Link:
Retailer:
ThruNite
UPDATE Looks like this is sold out for Canadians. Still available in the US. Way to go RFD.

I know that many people have complained about the free Olight keychain flashlights in the past. As a reminder, the Black Friday 2020 deal was a $24.95 flashlight in one of 6 colours (you didn't get to choose, I got Desert Tan) for the price of shipping which was 9.99 Canadian sent by Canada Post from Richmond BC (one per account). IMO, those complaining were ***WRONG***, so here's a different free flashlight deal.

The ThruNite Ti2 keychain flashlight (120 lumens) in your choice of black or green for the price of shipping (5.95US or under $8 Cdn). I don't know where it ships from or what shipping service is used. This flashlight is 15.99 Cdn on Amazon (free shipping if you're a Prime member). Single AAA battery not included.

For comparison, the Olight i3E keychain flashlight which seems to be roughly equivalent (but only 90 lumens) is currently 13.95 on amazon. The i3E was 11.85(15% off) briefly on Jan 30. Single AAA battery included.

Is this a HOT DEAL? Maybe, maybe not. To me, it could be 50% off. That's better than most deals on RFD. Although true savings depend on what flashlight that you compare it to.

If you don't want to pay $8 for a little flashlight, then get a larger (but probably not better) one at Giant Tiger. $4 with free ship-to-store. Includes 3 AAA batteries.

Or even better Staples has $1.98 flashlights (come with 3 AAA batteries installed), and they still have free shipping on any order. This one is much too big to fit on a keychain (at least IMO).

When does the ThruNite deal end? I don't know. I just learned about it last night. Because of the Olight complainers, I chose not to post the deal last night. Obviously I changed my mind. Feel free to make me regret that decision.
Last edited by cpfan on Feb 13th, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
68 replies
[OP]
Nov 10, 2011
825 posts
755 upvotes
St. Catharines
PS, I wanted to post this in the Luke Warm deals section, but I couldn't find it.
Apr 20, 2020
25 posts
11 upvotes
I did the free olight one about a year ago. I love it. love that its rechargeable.

i'm going to order this one as well, because its so handy having a little flashlight when you need it!
I wish this one was rechargeable like the olight that was free before. oh well, cant complain for $6!

EDIT: Hadn't finished shopping cart when i wrote that. its $6 USD, which paypal charged me $7.88Cnd all in. Not bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4803 posts
1334 upvotes
How does this compare to an iPhone flashlight?

I have two in my cart and several better flashlights at home. Not sure I need another, however.
Let's hug it out
[OP]
Nov 10, 2011
825 posts
755 upvotes
St. Catharines
Franky9998 wrote: I did the free olight one about a year ago. I love it. love that its rechargeable.

i'm going to order this one as well, because its so handy having a little flashlight when you need it!
I wish this one was rechargeable like the olight that was free before. oh well, cant complain for $6!

EDIT: Hadn't finished shopping cart when i wrote that. its $6 USD, which paypal charged me $7.88Cnd all in. Not bad.
There are advantages to rechargeable and to battery operated. I figure it's good to have both. However my rechargeable Olight is on my wife's keychain, so I'm waiting for another great deal from Olight.
[OP]
Nov 10, 2011
825 posts
755 upvotes
St. Catharines
RCGA wrote: How does this compare to an iPhone flashlight?

I have two in my cart and several better flashlights at home. Not sure I need another, however.
Some people are perfectly happy with their phone flashlight. Is your iphone always nicely charged? Do you have a power bank handy in case of a prolonged outage?

Glad you have better flashlights at home. So do I, but yet I find myself using these keychain lights from time to time. Latest example...my wife dropped something in the car. It was approaching dusk so nature's lighting was not great. Had a little light with me, turned it on, and item was found quickly.
Feb 25, 2003
266 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP! Ordered one for kicks.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21476 posts
2732 upvotes
Toronto
Good find OP!

ThruNite makes good torches.....

I have too many keychain lights (2 Olights & 2 CooYoos) but this is a good dealio....

I have the larger ThruNite Ti - good quality & solid build.....it has held up well over the years.....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9194 posts
13806 upvotes
Anyone else notice the price error when you click on the green one...

Here's the same info when I clicked on the black one...

The pricing error worked for black too, you have to select "Cool White (Canada Customer)", and the pricing would change to $5.95 each.
Uncheck, then recheck any of the items, and the total price gets updated to the lower price.

Either they already fixed it, or I can't get to checkout for this price! :(
Last edited by IDStorms on Feb 12th, 2021 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 25, 2006
564 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
I think they fixed the error - chose the green and everything else was regular price...
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9194 posts
13806 upvotes
warpdwhim wrote: I think they fixed the error - chose the green and everything else was regular price...
It still partially works.

You have to select "Cool White (Canada Customer)", and the pricing would change to $5.95 each.
Uncheck, then recheck any of the items, and the total price gets updated to the lower price.

I still can't checkout though.

Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1671 posts
1237 upvotes
Huh, I actually have the Thrunite Ti3 from Amazon that I bought for $15.95 back in 2017. I keep it in my car - very handy.

A single AAA probably lasts 2-3 years? I think I've only had to change it once, and I use the flashlight from time to time.

The light is surprisingly bright for something that small. Haven't bothered measuring with a luminance meter but I believe its claim of 120lm.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1916 posts
1165 upvotes
Kitchener
IDStorms wrote: It still partially works.

You have to select "Cool White (Canada Customer)", and the pricing would change to $5.95 each.

I still can't checkout though.

Weird, could not get this to work
Feb 2, 2015
180 posts
99 upvotes
Victoria, BC
RCGA wrote: How does this compare to an iPhone flashlight?

Take with grain of salt warning: I am a flashlight NERD.

No comparison. Brighter, better color, better beam shape and size, lasts longer.

Put this on your keys and see how many times you use it. Sometimes I don't use mine for a month, then use it every day for 2 weeks. You never know until you have it how much you might like it. I've had 4 Thrunite flashlights over the course of about 10 years. 2 of them no longer work, but I beat them up quite a bit.

I'll be jumping on this deal to give away as a gift to someone that hasn't yet found the joy of having a small powerful light on your keychain.
[OP]
Nov 10, 2011
825 posts
755 upvotes
St. Catharines
UmarF7302 wrote: Any brighter than a phone light?
Since I don't own one yet, it's kinda hard to answer. Also, I don't think of my phone as a flashlight (unlike some others apparently), and don't recall using the flashlight setting (except "oh look a flashlight button", and Umar wants to know how bright it is). My phone light seems wider than the i3E (side-by-side comparison not done). Not usually what I want from a flashlight.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8999 posts
5407 upvotes
Toronto
Not as cool as the olight which was rechargeable, always in for a deal though.

Olight 150lm was way brighter than a phone light, so this will be too at 120lm.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1671 posts
1237 upvotes
UmarF7302 wrote: Any brighter than a phone light?
Yes. And has a much further beam distance. The Ti3 has a few extra features that I thought might be useful - strobe, and 3 different lumen output levels. I keep it in my car for this reason (I used to drive ~950km RT every couple of weeks, figured it'd be handy for a breakdown).

For $8 I might actually pick up another one...