Expired Hot Deals

[Thundernews] Unlimited Usenet Independence Week Special - $25 USD for 18 months

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 1:55 am
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
533 posts
1338 upvotes
Westmount, QC

Unlimited Usenet Independence Week Special - $25 USD for 18 months

Deal Link:
Price:
US$25
Retailer:
Thundernews
Thundernews has its Independence Week Special on.

18 months unlimited for US$25!
https://www.thundernews.com/billinginfo ... d=20191825
Images
  • Thundernews.JPG
Last edited by MarleauP on Jul 1st, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
75 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2303 posts
514 upvotes
Belle River
So this beats that other really good deal (the one ppl got Thundernews to match) by about 30 cents per month right? Too much usenet :)
May 27, 2007
229 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
hot damn, what's up with all the newsgroup deals lately, and I thought UsenetServer $20usd/12 months unlimited was the cheapest I could get Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16967 posts
23332 upvotes
ONTARIO
Amazing price. Anyone familiar with them? How do they compare to NewsDemon? Wondering if I go with them if I can still max out my gigabit connection.
May 10, 2010
228 posts
372 upvotes
London
I signed up for Newsgroupdirect when they had their 6month/$17 promo. This is clearly a better deal, but does anyone know how TN compares to NGD?

EDIT: it seems like they're both on the same backbone server by HW Media (owned by Omicron Media) Retention is the same, speeds should be the same, and allowed connections are the same. So I don't see a reason not to switch.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16967 posts
23332 upvotes
ONTARIO
Just made the switch over to thundernews. So far very happy. Did a speed test immediately and easily hit 100MB/s+ speeds on my rogers gigabit line.
I was going to switch last night, but decided to see if newsdemon would price match them since they usually price match any competitors. However they only offered me $20 USD/12 month. Which isn't bad, but this deal is better.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16967 posts
23332 upvotes
ONTARIO
So it looks like if you are with newsdemon and want to price match they actually will do it. Little too late for me now though since I already paid thundernews.

Just got another email from them (after contacting them via match@newsdemon.com) saying they went ahead and made the price match. I put my account on vacation pause though for a year, so I won't be charged til I unpause it.
At least if I want to switch back in a year I will get this better price.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1426 posts
567 upvotes
Markham
Would I benefit from this if I currently use ninja as main and usenetexpress as backup?
cd ~/cloudbox
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3946 posts
1733 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 2:44 pm
So it looks like if you are with newsdemon and want to price match they actually will do it. Little too late for me now though since I already paid thundernews.

Just got another email from them (after contacting them via match@newsdemon.com) saying they went ahead and made the price match. I put my account on vacation pause though for a year, so I won't be charged til I unpause it.
At least if I want to switch back in a year I will get this better price.
Can I price match without being a newsdemon member Smiling Face With Horns

On a side note, can anyone who is a newsgroup user PM me how to go about using them as a newbie. Thank you for any help!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1159 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
myinglin0318 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 3:06 pm
Would I benefit from this if I currently use ninja as main and usenetexpress as backup?
Check out this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Ideally you want to have different providers from different backbones. I use newsdemon as my main so got usenetexpress as my backup. Newsdemon matched the other cheap offer i emailed them pretty quickly.

Looks like thundernews is Omicron which i think is the same as ninja but not 100% sure if there's more than 1 ninja haha.
Oct 2, 2013
622 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga
Whats the go to for indexer, its so confusing to find a good indexer with api support.