• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2019 5:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 3, 2002
970 posts
90 upvotes

ticket face value rule

The problem is now with dyanmic pricing, the the single game face value is not obvious.
Raptors/Leaf/Jays/TFC. Do not ever publish this. When the single game tickets go on sale via ticketmaster, the price is variable. They may start out at x but if the demand is high the price will go up automatically. Every game is a different price.

Season ticket holders do get a discounted price for buying the whole season or whole playoffs.

I'm not sure what face value one would put in the posting.
In the past I have guesstimated the single game price.

I usually post on here for less than the stubhub / ticketmaster price less fees.
This can save a purchaser $80-$90 a ticket in fees.
3 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14620 posts
27491 upvotes
Scarborough
Dynamic pricing has definitely complicated the rule. It was originally created to prevent members from profiting from ticket sales on our website.

As long as the sale price you list is within what we feel is face value, we don’t intervene. It’s no longer an exact science and we generally only step in when a user files a report and we agree that the sale price is too high.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19225 posts
6775 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with the comments above. While it's certainly messy, I still turn to RFD as a page for tickets where sellers are verified (via feedback and RFD Membership) and that tickets are not being re-sold above face value.

Yes, season ticket holders are at an advantage, but that has always been the case.

I'm hoping that in the future, there are no changes and if anything, the system becomes easier for buyers and sellers and not harder.
There are plenty of sites for best seats, fast seats, guaranteed seats. This is a forum where seats are posted, labeled as at-cost or below. I like that and I come here for that.

If the price is less than what I see on Ticketmaster, I'm happy.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8789 posts
3240 upvotes
Mississauga
TomRFD wrote: Dynamic pricing has definitely complicated the rule. It was originally created to prevent members from profiting from ticket sales on our website.

As long as the sale price you list is within what we feel is face value, we don’t intervene. It’s no longer an exact science and we generally only step in when a user files a report and we agree that the sale price is too high.
Why is it that when threads get moved, they still show up with "--> Moved"? Those damn scalpers don't deserve their threads continuing to show up on the main page.