Expired Hot Deals

[Ticketmaster] CBC Music Festival - RBC Echo Beach 5/25/19 - $31.25 ($58 reg price)

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 7:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6880 posts
3457 upvotes

[Ticketmaster] CBC Music Festival - RBC Echo Beach 5/25/19 - $31.25 ($58 reg price)

If you missed out on the $20 tickets, the CBC Staff code is.... Wait for it... CBCSTAFF

$31.25 staff price versus $57. 75 regular price. This is a family festival so two kids under 12 are allowed free entry with each paid adult admission.
29 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2373 posts
1469 upvotes
So is Stars performing "Set Yourself On Fire" the song or album?
Oct 1, 2007
262 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
The whole album for it's 15 year anniversary.
Jul 10, 2005
380 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is a really decent lineup. I get that not everyone listens to Canadian indie, but it's alvvays interesting to see people react with "who?"
Jan 25, 2013
20 posts
25 upvotes
The poster says regular price is $39.50?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2256 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
Cool, I was about to buy tickets at regular. thanks op!

I imagine this will be more laid back festival for the 30+ crowd. :)
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1043 posts
908 upvotes
Toronto
This was available for $20 for quite some time for the Live Nation event. But $31 for Stars is OK I guess, the festival will have more people than a regular Stars concert though.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2256 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
jillaryit wrote: This was available for $20 for quite some time for the Live Nation event. But $31 for Stars is OK I guess, the festival will have more people than a regular Stars concert though.
Really? I checked on the first day and a couple times after, nada for me.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Aug 5, 2008
581 posts
368 upvotes
jillaryit wrote: This was available for $20 for quite some time for the Live Nation event. But $31 for Stars is OK I guess, the festival will have more people than a regular Stars concert though.
How long did you see it for $20?
Sep 13, 2006
122 posts
74 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: So is Stars performing "Set Yourself On Fire" the song or album?
Just the song. Not sure if they're playing one song over and over for an hour or just playing it the once and leaving the stage, though.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5073 posts
2429 upvotes
A Place to Stand
This lineup reminds me of why the Canadian music awards are called the Juno's. Because when you are watching and hear who's nominated you look at your buddy and say "hey, Juno who this band is?" ... "nope, never heard of them before"... "ok, what about her, Juno who she is?" ... "sorry, no clue"... "how about this guy, Juno him?" ... "no, I have no idea who that is".
Jul 10, 2005
380 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I guess people are expecting Rush or Neil Young to headline a festival at Echo Beach for $40 a ticket? *shrug*

I mean...Alvvays sold out 5 nights at the Danforth back in December, and 5 nights at the Mod Club the December before, so they're not really nobody. Stars have been one of the more well-known Canadian indie bands for a decade and a half.

The CBC fest is showcasing Canadian acts and catering to people who have been listening to new music in the last 10 years. It's fine that people haven't been paying attention to the music scene; it means more room for me at the show Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 13, 2016
79 posts
62 upvotes
toronto
midget_man wrote: This lineup reminds me of why the Canadian music awards are called the Juno's. Because when you are watching and hear who's nominated you look at your buddy and say "hey, Juno who this band is?" ... "nope, never heard of them before"... "ok, what about her, Juno who she is?" ... "sorry, no clue"... "how about this guy, Juno him?" ... "no, I have no idea who that is".
If you're not familiar with the top 3-4 artists, you're clearly not the type of person who'd be going to music festivals anyways
Sep 28, 2018
625 posts
1379 upvotes
calluses wrote: I mean...Alvvays sold out 5 nights at the Danforth back in December, and 5 nights at the Mod Club the December before, so they're not really nobody.
Alvvays = trash. I would pay NOT to see them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5073 posts
2429 upvotes
A Place to Stand
m8uwot wrote: If you're not familiar with the top 3-4 artists, you're clearly not the type of person who'd be going to music festivals anyways
True. I'd rather go see a concert by an artist I like that I'd pay to go and see rather than a bullshit lineup some corporation (laughably in this case the CBC) is telling me works well together. And really, modern "festivals" and music are an awful combination. Put up with 12 bands you don't know or like to hear the 3 you do. Also I prefer to go to concerts with artists that don't suck and ones that people have actually heard of. Music is subjective, I'm well aware of that, but I had to Google the headliner to see what that was all about, and I wish I hadn't. What tripe. Every 5 years the same band under a different moniker bores the masses with their EMO take on what depresses them and they think they are the first ones to come up with it. Wow, an out of focus video like we're the only ones that have heard of the 60's, they gotta love us now. Get bent.
Sep 18, 2018
87 posts
237 upvotes
midget_man wrote: True. I'd rather go see a concert by an artist I like that I'd pay to go and see rather than a bullshit lineup some corporation (laughably in this case the CBC) is telling me works well together. And really, modern "festivals" and music are an awful combination. Put up with 12 bands you don't know or like to hear the 3 you do. Also I prefer to go to concerts with artists that don't suck and ones that people have actually heard of. Music is subjective, I'm well aware of that, but I had to Google the headliner to see what that was all about, and I wish I hadn't. What tripe. Every 5 years the same band under a different moniker bores the masses with their EMO take on what depresses them and they think they are the first ones to come up with it. Wow, an out of focus video like we're the only ones that have heard of the 60's, they gotta love us now. Get bent.
Just because you haven't heard of a band doesn't mean they suck. I honestly prefer to see this type of show because I don't have to get corralled into some big arena or stadium at ridiculously inflated prices to hear a band made popular by a corporation's payola and hype machine. The best parts of these festivals are discovering someone you've never heard of and experiencing the energy you can never feel from section 220, row 12 etc. I do appreciate an arena act, for sure, but to say that if they're not an arena act they suck...?
BTW Alvvays have been around for at least 5 years on their own, and Molly Rankin has been in the music business for 25+ years.
But hey, that's okay...you keep buying your Eagles reunion tour and The Who's last ever tour for the big bucks and leave these smaller shows for the music fans.
Mar 21, 2017
37 posts
86 upvotes
" Set yourself on fire" Sounds like something you will do after you see the concert Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes