Expired Hot Deals

Ticketmaster

CBC Music Festival - RBC Echo Beach 5/25/19 - $31.25 ($58 reg price)

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 7:59 pm
Jul 10, 2005
380 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JoshD45753 wrote:
But hey, that's okay...you keep buying your Eagles reunion tour and The Who's last ever tour for the big bucks and leave these smaller shows for the music fans.
Aye, forget it.

I'm sure midget_man has a carefully curated collection of records; it sounds like he has impeccable music taste, and more importantly, the artists he listens to are validated by the world, because that's really important. He made an honest effort - he spent a couple of minutes Googling a band and invested several more minutes to evaluate a band he had bias against (because the world hasn't heard of it, and therefore, the band isn't worthy...but he has an open mind), and he wasn't blown away. What more could you ask for from a true music lover? I think he is secretly more accomplished than Juno award winners, but in his spare time, he offers his opinion on the state of modern music festivals on an Internet forum, because other people need to be enlightened. It's not a rant. Yes, it's a bit rude to go onto a thread to dismiss artists that other thread readers clearly enjoy, but it's for our own good.

We. Are. Not. Worthy. Seriously thinking about burning my music collection now. I've wasted my life!
May 26, 2016
153 posts
323 upvotes
What is wrong with people who insist a band they dont like is terrible? You dont like them, it's ok, move on with your life.

Oh, you dont recognize any of the bands? How is your ignorance anyone else's problem? What they mean to say is, "Awwwwww!! Why inst this fest stacked with MY favorite artists????" Get over yourselves. You're cliche and its embarrassing.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1148 posts
3072 upvotes
Listen, your mothers may have lied to you. Nobody cares about your opinion.
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24384 posts
33413 upvotes
Toronto
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Sep 28, 2018
625 posts
1380 upvotes
stroger wrote: What is wrong with people who insist a band they dont like is terrible? You dont like them, it's ok, move on with your life.
No. You people who like objectively terrible music need to stop liking it and maybe they'd make less of it, sparing us all.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3861 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
midget_man wrote: True. I'd rather go see a concert by an artist I like that I'd pay to go and see rather than a bullshit lineup some corporation (laughably in this case the CBC) is telling me works well together. And really, modern "festivals" and music are an awful combination. Put up with 12 bands you don't know or like to hear the 3 you do. Also I prefer to go to concerts with artists that don't suck and ones that people have actually heard of. Music is subjective, I'm well aware of that, but I had to Google the headliner to see what that was all about, and I wish I hadn't. What tripe. Every 5 years the same band under a different moniker bores the masses with their EMO take on what depresses them and they think they are the first ones to come up with it. Wow, an out of focus video like we're the only ones that have heard of the 60's, they gotta love us now. Get bent.
dude we get it. you have shitty taste in music and get angry that people have a broader taste than you do so you lash out like a little boy. cool.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2029 posts
2880 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Meeseeks wrote: Alvvays = trash. I would pay NOT to see them.
Different strokes. I thought Antisocialites was full of lovely pop melodies and great lyrics, paired with an expected punk sensibility (which comes through even more in their live performances) all wrapped up in a neat 30-minute package.
Sep 11, 2016
1 posts
Did anyone figure out where to enter the promo code? Tried in the voucher area and no go.
Apr 29, 2007
210 posts
28 upvotes
CBCSTAFF is this code still valid? Where do you enter the code?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)