Expired Hot Deals

Ticketmaster

Toronto Blue Jays - August 20-September 5 Rogers Centre/SkyDome Homestand #2 Pre-Sale (Wed Aug 4 10AM)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2021 11:51 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7095 posts
4600 upvotes

[Ticketmaster] Toronto Blue Jays - August 20-September 5 Rogers Centre/SkyDome Homestand #2 Pre-Sale (Wed Aug 4 10AM)

Since the homestand #1 thread was popular: ticketmaster-toronto-blue-jays-july-30- ... e-2478711/

Jays just announced they will be selling tickets for Homestand #2 (Aug 20 to Sept 5) on Thursday. I went back to the original pre-sale page and it seems code "BLUE21" will now be valid for Wednesday's 10 am pre-sale.

I went to Sunday's game, a couple notes/observations:

• Capacity is limited to 15,000. Note this is for all occupants at Rogers Centre/Skydome, so after stadium staff , team personnel, and donated tickets to frontline workers, actual attendance is limited to 13,500-14,500 tickets on sale.
  • Please review health and safety protocols here: https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/tickets/health-and-safety Ushers will ask you to wear your mask when you're not eating/drinking.
  • You need to transfer your tickets to each person in your group for contact tracing purposes.
  • There are socially distanced seats available for 100 and 200 level outfield only.

---

Homestand #2 schedule + Ticketmaster links
Last edited by Madchester on Aug 4th, 2021 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
63 replies
Oct 13, 2017
765 posts
746 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks for the heads up! And the link for the health and safety is what I needed to find out what gates are open for tomorrow's game.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20646 posts
8137 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have any photos of the "socially distanced pods"? They are saying that you cannot see the screen, I just want to see why? Have they put up walls on the 2nd level between seats?
RedFlagDeals Addict
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7095 posts
4600 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Does anyone have any photos of the "socially distanced pods"? They are saying that you cannot see the screen, I just want to see why? Have they put up walls on the 2nd level between seats?
Most of the socially distanced "pods" are in the outfield proper. i.e., above the bullpens and below the big screen. They don't have plexiglass between seats.

There are some socially distance "pods" along the 1st and 3rd base foul lines in the outfield if you want a slanted view of the big screen.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1764 posts
1511 upvotes
Mississauga
I was surprised that hardly anyone sitting behind home plate was wearing a mask. even when they weren't eating.

thought they would be asked to wear a mask but I guess not.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20646 posts
8137 upvotes
Toronto
Madchester wrote: Most of the socially distanced "pods" are in the outfield proper. i.e., above the bullpens and below the big screen. They don't have plexiglass between seats.

There are some socially distance "pods" along the 1st and 3rd base foul lines in the outfield if you want a slanted view of the big screen.
Was looking at the seating chart yesterday, between home base and first. Socially distant pod, says it has no view of the screen. I guess it's so far back that it's obstructed by the structure itself (I imagine)
All these news stations and writers went to Rogers Centre to talk about opening game and nobody thought to show what's probably the biggest change for fans? Great job.

Would still love to see a photo, if anyone finds them. They don't exist on the internet.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Oct 13, 2017
765 posts
746 upvotes
Hamilton
DaVibe wrote: Was looking at the seating chart yesterday, between home base and first. Socially distant pod, says it has no view of the screen. I guess it's so far back that it's obstructed by the structure itself (I imagine)
All these news stations and writers went to Rogers Centre to talk about opening game and nobody thought to show what's probably the biggest change for fans? Great job.

Would still love to see a photo, if anyone finds them. They don't exist on the internet.
I'll be at the game tonight and will get a picture since I am in the outfield. Now my seats are right by the West Jet Flight deck and will not have a view of the screen regardless. It was front row seats which typically have a little more legroom. But it should give you an image of the pods at least. Assuming that someone else doesn't post a pic in the meantime.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1041 posts
407 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
dgr81 wrote: I was surprised that hardly anyone sitting behind home plate was wearing a mask. even when they weren't eating.

They are all supposed to be wearing a mask unless actively eating or drinking. I was at the game on Friday, and I heard one usher say to another "we're fighting a losing battle when it comes to masks." People would just have them under their chin and then throw it on when they came up the stairs. It'll be interesting to see covid numbers in the next few weeks.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1904 posts
1259 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: They are all supposed to be wearing a mask unless actively eating or drinking. I was at the game on Friday, and I heard one usher say to another "we're fighting a losing battle when it comes to masks." People would just have them under their chin and then throw it on when they came up the stairs. It'll be interesting to see covid numbers in the next few weeks.
I think the rules are dumb. I play in a volleyball and soccer league and we don't need masks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7095 posts
4600 upvotes
djpr wrote: I think the rules are dumb. I play in a volleyball and soccer league and we don't need masks.
I don't mind the rules.

The 100 level concourses contain accessible seating by the railings; i.e., visitors in wheelchairs, and a lot of seniors. I'm glad that it was 99% compliance within the concourse areas on Sunday, even if some people took off their masks at their seats.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15327 posts
29076 upvotes
Scarborough
DaVibe wrote: Does anyone have any photos of the "socially distanced pods"? They are saying that you cannot see the screen, I just want to see why? Have they put up walls on the 2nd level between seats?
Here's a photo taken from basically right beside the jumbotron. All the pods along the 1st/3rd baselines should be able to see the screen. I doubt any of the outfield pods can see it, but if I remember right, some sections in the outfield have TV screens setup so you can see what's on the big screen. You can only see them from some of the seats in those sections though.
Images
  • DSC01833.JPG
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Dec 14, 2011
565 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
"July 30 to August 8 Blue Jays home games at Rogers Centre begins today at noon ET ahead of the general public."

If I'm looking for tickets for the Sept 3rd game, are they releasing today or tomorrow at noon? Confused Face
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7095 posts
4600 upvotes
416vtyou wrote: "July 30 to August 8 Blue Jays home games at Rogers Centre begins today at noon ET ahead of the general public."

If I'm looking for tickets for the Sept 3rd game, are they releasing today or tomorrow at noon? Confused Face
They haven't update details for tomorrow's sale - but it should be same pre-sale splash page.

(They've only added the games for homestand #2 atm without the new code and "Buy Tickets" buttons)
Last edited by Madchester on Aug 3rd, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 13, 2017
765 posts
746 upvotes
Hamilton
DaVibe wrote: Was looking at the seating chart yesterday, between home base and first. Socially distant pod, says it has no view of the screen. I guess it's so far back that it's obstructed by the structure itself (I imagine)

So the seats themselves are no different. The only thing that is different is that you are more spread out in the outfield. So the "pods" are just groups of tickets with spaces left in between. Like in our row of 17 seats there were 3 groups of people. And I will say that mask wearing was mixed at best. LOTS of people wearing a mask under their chin. Definitely no enforcement unless perhaps you were on the concourse.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20646 posts
8137 upvotes
Toronto
FallenAngel1978 wrote: So the seats themselves are no different. The only thing that is different is that you are more spread out in the outfield. So the "pods" are just groups of tickets with spaces left in between. Like in our row of 17 seats there were 3 groups of people. And I will say that mask wearing was mixed at best. LOTS of people wearing a mask under their chin. Definitely no enforcement unless perhaps you were on the concourse.
This is not a positive ad for baseball at the Rogers Centre lol
Why they are cramming EVERYONE in the lower bowl, I have no idea
RedFlagDeals Addict
Mar 26, 2009
356 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
dgr81 wrote: I was surprised that hardly anyone sitting behind home plate was wearing a mask. even when they weren't eating.

Went to the game Friday and Saturday (sect 114 and sect 115). Everyone is crammed into seats from 115 - 127 but we had plenty of space when we were in Sect 114. Mask wearing in seats was not enforced, in my experience. Ushers had paddles that said "wear your mask" but they never raised them as far as I could see. Many people skirted the rules by eating/drinking. I found more compliance on Saturday than Friday night. Mask wearing was in full force in the concourse though, which was great to see. Personally, I didn't feel comfortable being so crammed in and expected some sort of distancing (hard to tell when we bought tickets since they were selling quickly). We ended up easily moving seats from Sect 115 to 114 on Saturday which gave us more space (tons of empty rows and seats). I forgot how tight it can be when you have people on both sides of you while trying to eat/drink/sit comfortably! Will be looking into the socially distanced seats / sect 114 for any future games.
Jul 16, 2019
183 posts
248 upvotes
They have social distanced seats and normal seats. They make it very clear when buying the ticket. If you’re double vaxxed and keeping your own mask on and are still worried about what others are doing you probably are not ready for a sporting event yet. No one is forcing you to go.

I can’t tell you how nice it was to have a sense of normalcy and see strangers smile. Worth the very slightly chance of a almost symptom free flu to me…
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7095 posts
4600 upvotes
I've updated first post - presale splash page updated for 10 am sale, new code is BLUE21
Oct 13, 2017
765 posts
746 upvotes
Hamilton
DaVibe wrote: This is not a positive ad for baseball at the Rogers Centre lol
Why they are cramming EVERYONE in the lower bowl, I have no idea
My thought was for the TV.... to make it seem like everything was back to normal. Doesn't look good on TV if there are empty seats everywhere.