Expired Hot Deals

Ticketmaster

Toronto Blue Jays - August 20-September 5 Rogers Centre/SkyDome Homestand #2 Pre-Sale (Wed Aug 4 10AM)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2021 11:51 am
Oct 6, 2020
554 posts
820 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: They are all supposed to be wearing a mask unless actively eating or drinking. I was at the game on Friday, and I heard one usher say to another "we're fighting a losing battle when it comes to masks." People would just have them under their chin and then throw it on when they came up the stairs. It'll be interesting to see covid numbers in the next few weeks.
Great rules! Everyone knows covid only spreads when you are not eating and have your mask off....when you have food/drink in hand and no mask it cant spread

s/

Seriously, these rules are batshit crazy lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1262 posts
550 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
FallenAngel1978 wrote: My thought was for the TV.... to make it seem like everything was back to normal. Doesn't look good on TV if there are empty seats everywhere.
That's exactly it I'm sure. We've seen it in hockey too where they specifically fill the lower bowl. I think the idea is better to have the bulk of people in one place behind home plate where you get most of your TV shots. Looks better than 15k people just spread out everywhere.
Jan 25, 2018
68 posts
21 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: That's exactly it I'm sure. We've seen it in hockey too where they specifically fill the lower bowl. I think the idea is better to have the bulk of people in one place behind home plate where you get most of your TV shots. Looks better than 15k people just spread out everywhere.
Also don’t need to open concessions washrooms on other levels.
Nov 11, 2003
478 posts
131 upvotes
Scarb
Here's my view from section 113.

People were spaced out well, no one in front or behind and at least 3 or 4 seats empty to left and right of us.

Feb 28, 2005
57 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
We went last night, our area felt very covid-compliant - I saw most people masked up except when actively eating or drinking. Felt like 100% compliance in the concourse from what I saw.

You can see from the picture that the density fans out as you go further towards the foul poles, so if you are concerned, that's where you want to be... or, you know, watch the game on TV, widely available seating there :)
Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 8.44.11 AM.png
Jun 8, 2011
111 posts
56 upvotes
looking at August 20th game...$99.99 in fees, wtf?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24202 posts
12229 upvotes
Toronto
ahumanbeing wrote: That's exactly it I'm sure. We've seen it in hockey too where they specifically fill the lower bowl. I think the idea is better to have the bulk of people in one place behind home plate where you get most of your TV shots. Looks better than 15k people just spread out everywhere.
Who cares, the Jays are use to poor attendance in a 50,000+ dome, it's too big. Now they care about the "look"? ... I don't buy it.
I think they can only control so much for COVID protocols and are getting lazy, so they forced everyone down.
Meanwhile, there's a segment of people who don't want to spend $65 a seat on baseball so ...

I just think it's silly. You've got it, use it, especially when you want to spread everyone out. Because I want to be in a packed hallway when the game lets out, ya no thanks.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1589 posts
428 upvotes
Anyone know how to use a bluejays giftcard?
Aug 29, 2018
370 posts
241 upvotes
couldn't get tix last time but got tix for 3 games! yay
Jan 19, 2017
951 posts
1664 upvotes
Chonksplonket wrote: They have social distanced seats and normal seats. They make it very clear when buying the ticket. If you’re double vaxxed and keeping your own mask on and are still worried about what others are doing you probably are not ready for a sporting event yet. No one is forcing you to go.

I can’t tell you how nice it was to have a sense of normalcy and see strangers smile. Worth the very slightly chance of a almost symptom free flu to me…
I understand your point, but like who cares?. Like i understand where your coming from, but at no point have i felt anger or even irritation towards being asked to wear a mask even when double vaxxed. Like i just do it? I have never ever, wanted to see stranger smile and keeping 6 feet from strangers should just be a good policy moving forward. The amount that do not wear deodorant, spit while they talk, and just generally smell is pretty large. I like keeping my distance from strangers.

If you are going to a public event and are on the fence about wearing a mask, same thing applies, no one is forcing you.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24202 posts
12229 upvotes
Toronto
Seats are not socially distanced unless in the "pods" just FYI.

Sister told me who went to a game and was surprised.
Also, contract tracing was a scan-sheet on the wall but not enforced by any staff, they simply wanted your ticket.

Sounds like they got it under control ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1482 posts
4578 upvotes
ace353 wrote: looking at August 20th game...$99.99 in fees, wtf?
I looked at Aug 20 too but the pricing seemed crazy for that game. Prices started at over $100 when I looked! Ended up buying for some other date and got a pair for $90 after fees.
Jan 14, 2013
146 posts
158 upvotes
TORONTO
The last pre-sale and this pre-sale I was about to purchase tickets, but I can't do it. We are still in the middle of a pandemic and I cannot pretend we're not. So, no thank you.

Thanks for the post though OP, I still upvoted. And .... let's go Blue Jays!
Nov 20, 2019
68 posts
58 upvotes
First time going to a game. Can anyone suggest good seats with a nice view? Something cheap :)

Also, any helpful tips/suggestions for the parking to the game?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24202 posts
12229 upvotes
Toronto
VjayH51817 wrote: First time going to a game. Can anyone suggest good seats with a nice view? Something cheap :)

Also, any helpful tips/suggestions for the parking to the game?
You are going to want to be somewhere you can see the screen. Even if it's a full neck turn away (so you sit at 1st or 3rd base and need to turn your head "behind" to see the screen) it's where all the stats and in-game entertainment happens.
Otherwise you'll hear talking but won't know what the heck is going on.

Otherwise sit as close as possible (likely closer to 1st or 3rd base) or sit matching what feels "normal" which is behind the home plate (further up in rows). If you are too far in the outfield you might get bored looking at one player standing close to you.
Pros and cons. Try not to go too far back in the lower bowl because it can become "distant" from the action / distracting IMO

Some people like sitting in the outfield for the chance to catch a fly ball. To each their own IMO.
The main goal is sitting as close as possible, usually, wherever that is in the stadium

Parking ... don't?
A lot of people park downtown and walk towards the dome. Better than getting stuck in the underground parking after the game (it can get really bad). If you can't walk it or subway in, it is what it is lol
There's still a few "surrounding lots" to Rogers Centre which might be better for traffic flow when you leave. Try on Front St?
Last edited by DaVibe on Aug 4th, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7403 posts
6394 upvotes
VjayH51817 wrote: First time going to a game. Can anyone suggest good seats with a nice view? Something cheap :)
Get the 3rd base side outfield seats. You're shaded from the afternoon/evening sun (and get a view of the tower)

DaVibe wrote: Also, contract tracing was a scan-sheet on the wall but not enforced by any staff, they simply wanted your ticket.
The rationale behind every person scanning their own ticket is for contact tracing. Worst case scenario, Jays advise Ticketmaster, who then advise the ticketholder if there was a positive case near your assigned seat.

RedSwagDeals wrote: I understand your point, but like who cares?. Like i understand where your coming from, but at no point have i felt anger or even irritation towards being asked to wear a mask even when double vaxxed. Like i just do it? I have never ever, wanted to see stranger smile and keeping 6 feet from strangers should just be a good policy moving forward. The amount that do not wear deodorant, spit while they talk, and just generally smell is pretty large. I like keeping my distance from strangers.

If you are going to a public event and are on the fence about wearing a mask, same thing applies, no one is forcing you.
DK what the other guy was going on about, but I know my female friends don't mind wearing a mask to keep attention away from the creeps on public transit. And I brought it up earlier, at the very least wear your mask in the concourse area with all the accessible seating visitors nearby. I saw a regular guy walk into the accessible area by accident and he was shooed away by an usher... and away from some wheelchair visitors and their caregivers. Very bad look if someone in those areas get sick.
Last edited by Madchester on Aug 4th, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1364 posts
682 upvotes
London, ON
Got a ticket for a Friday night game labor day weekend. Double vaxxed but will still wear a mask for the entire game. Looking forward to doing something I've missed and enjoy.
Nov 20, 2019
68 posts
58 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
You are going to want to be somewhere you can see the screen. Even if it's a full neck turn away (so you sit at 1st or 3rd base and need to turn your head "behind" to see the screen) it's where all the stats and in-game entertainment happens.
Otherwise you'll hear talking but won't know what the heck is going on.

Otherwise sit as close as possible (likely closer to 1st or 3rd base) or sit matching what feels "normal" which is behind the home plate (further up in rows). If you are too far in the outfield you might get bored looking at one player standing close to you.
Pros and cons. Try not to go too far back in the lower bowl because it can become "distant" from the action / distracting IMO

Some people like sitting in the outfield for the chance to catch a fly ball. To each their own IMO.
The main goal is sitting as close as possible, usually, wherever that is in the stadium

Parking ... don't?
A lot of people park downtown and walk towards the dome. Better than getting stuck in the underground parking after the game (it can get really bad). If you can't walk it or subway in, it is what it is lol
There's still a few "surrounding lots" to Rogers Centre which might be better for traffic flow when you leave. Try on Front St?
Madchester wrote: Get the 3rd base side outfield seats. You're shaded from the afternoon/evening sun (and get a view of the tower)
Great tips. Thank you. Any specific sections that you guys recommend? I am looking something for a decent view and price

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)