Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Tidal] 6 months free streaming

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 9:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Said212 wrote: Question: Does HiFi really make a difference when you're using Bose Q35 or the in-ear SoundTrue earphones or is HiFi for the LEGIT sound system at home etc...
Good question. I’d love to know as well. A previous post suggests HIFI quality via computer only?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Good question. I’d love to know as well. A previous post suggests HIFI quality via computer only?
HIFI is available on my phone (I'm currently on an old 6 month trial....) and you can download HiFi to your phone (does take up space...)

but I honestly can't tell if a BOSE headset even qualifies as 'high-end' to be honest.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1670 posts
1187 upvotes
ottawa
trellaine201 wrote: Good question. I’d love to know as well. A previous post suggests HIFI quality via computer only?
HiFi works via the mobile app. It's only 'master' that is available via the desktop apps only!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Yes, I see this here: http://tidal.com/ca/download

"*Currently lossless streaming with our Web player is supported in Chrome only,

"**Currently TIDAL Masters audio is supported via our desktop application only." (Edited: Masters Audio is the highest quality but Barqers is right! HiFi can be used on other devices!)

this.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, I went to plan options and was able to upgrade to 'family plan' at no extra cost it seems....

Edit:
*I tried to add family members after I deactivated and it said I had to have an active account. Could NOT add family members.
Last edited by Auditore212 on Nov 26th, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo Mobile
Mar 20, 2007
210 posts
110 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this Android Auto compatible?
The car is where I listen to most of my tunes...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Said212 wrote: FYI, I went to plan options and was able to upgrade to 'family plan' at no extra cost it seems....
Thanks! I can confirm after checking just now, that I was also offered that upgrade after signing on (and even cancelling) - when you click on settings, account, then 'manage subscription.' (I am using the web application.) Here is more info. about the various plans: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/arti ... tion-types I didn't sign up for it, because I will be the only one using it, but what a great deal!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
jory29 wrote: Thanks! I can confirm after checking just now, that I was also offered that upgrade after signing on (and even cancelling) - when you click on settings, account, then 'manage subscription.' (I am using the web application.) Here is more info. about the various plans: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/arti ... tion-types I didn't sign up for it, because I will be the only one using it, but what a great deal!!
Nice! Glad it worked. I did it because I can add a couple of my friends.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
signed up. cancelled right after. says good til may.. tired of google play music which i pay for. lets see if this is better.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
The HIFI difference is audible on any half-decent equipment, but it's subtle, and I'm not sure it's worth paying $20/month instead of $10/month, particularly since Spotify offers better selection, better UI, and better integration with services like Google Home. Depends what's most important to you I guess.

Before you rush to post that of course your golden ears can hear the quality difference, better try this test first: https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/ ... io-quality
May 3, 2015
258 posts
128 upvotes
BC
Did you deactivate and then add family plan?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Exp315 wrote: The HIFI difference is audible on any half-decent equipment, but it's subtle, and I'm not sure it's worth paying $20/month instead of $10/month, particularly since Spotify offers better selection, better UI, and better integration with services like Google Home. Depends what's most important to you I guess.

Before you rush to post that of course your golden ears can hear the quality difference, better try this test first: https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/ ... io-quality

OMG: You are so right! Everyone should try this test!! Thanks! :) I have to try this with my headset instead of just pc speakers.
Last edited by jory29 on Nov 26th, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Grahamk wrote: Did you deactivate and then add family plan?
I deactivated then went to check and I was able to upgrade to the family plan. (I didn't follow it all the way through, I assume it would work since the option showed.)

Edited: See post # 37, I did follow through to let others know if it works or not, (after deactivating account), and I now have a family account.

1.jpg
Last edited by jory29 on Nov 26th, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 3, 2015
258 posts
128 upvotes
BC
I tried to add family members after I deactivated and it said I had to have an active account.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
jory29 wrote: I deactivated then went to check and I was able to upgrade to the family plan. (I didn't follow it all the way through, I assume it would work since the option showed.)

1.jpg

nice worked for me
😃
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Grahamk wrote: I tried to add family members after I deactivated and it said I had to have an active account.
Maybe try again, log in and out, and/or use a different browser? I just tried it and it did work even though I had already cancelled the subscription right away.

1234.JPG

Upon checking the status of my account after the family upgrade, I see this now:

5.JPG
Last edited by jory29 on Nov 27th, 2017 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Exp315 wrote: The HIFI difference is audible on any half-decent equipment, but it's subtle, and I'm not sure it's worth paying $20/month instead of $10/month, particularly since Spotify offers better selection, better UI, and better integration with services like Google Home. Depends what's most important to you I guess.

Very cool. Thanks! 1/6 lol guess it doesn't matter to my ears and me. Very interesting. Btw used Bowers and Wilkins headphones plugged into an LG 6
May 14, 2007
430 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
where do you guys see 6 months? i only see 30 days free trail after clicking try nowImage

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)