• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2014 1:53 pm
[OP]
Oct 22, 2009
63 posts
23 upvotes

Asus GTX 970 Available and at $379.99!

Hello Guys & Girls,

Did you wait for long to purchase Asus Geforce GTX 970 OC edition and found very few sellers with stock? Did you try multiple times a day with Bots like nowinstock.net like me and felt disappointed or found the price hiked up by the ruffians? I was like you. Today, I walked into Tigerdirect at Woodbine & HW 7 (in Toronto) for buying something else and casually asked a sales rep Chris if he had one in stock (their Online search system does not even show Asus GTX 970!) and this friendly guy went into their storage area and brought one for me - I was shocked! I was even more shocked that it was listed for $379.00, not for $449 like NCIX.ca or $399 by CanadaComputers). Immediately I bought one and asked him how many more he has. He said at least 10! So if you are fast and desperate, rush there and grab one (and thank me!). So don't be fooled by the Websites. Perhaps you may find some in your own locations! Enjoy the card!
64 replies
Mar 10, 2012
92 posts
16 upvotes
YORK
Is this the Strix version? the one with the owl on the box?
[OP]
Oct 22, 2009
63 posts
23 upvotes
Yes - Strix Direct CU II. TD part # OSU-102759818.
Apr 7, 2009
416 posts
86 upvotes
Oshawa
Not sure if serious... Want to go check Vaughan location.
Oct 24, 2012
360 posts
424 upvotes
Newmarket
a well scripted sales pitch?
Junkie316 wrote: Hello Guys & Girls,

Did you wait for long to purchase Asus Geforce GTX 970 OC edition and found very few sellers with stock? Did you try multiple times a day with Bots like nowinstock.net like me and felt disappointed or found the price hiked up by the ruffians? I was like you. Today, I walked into Tigerdirect at Woodbine & HW 7 (in Toronto) for buying something else and casually asked a sales rep Chris if he had one in stock (their Online search system does not even show Asus GTX 970!) and this friendly guy went into their storage area and brought one for me - I was shocked! I was even more shocked that it was listed for $379.00, not for $449 like NCIX.ca or $399 by CanadaComputers). Immediately I bought one and asked him how many more he has. He said at least 10! So if you are fast and desperate, rush there and grab one (and thank me!). So don't be fooled by the Websites. Perhaps you may find some in your own locations! Enjoy the card!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2814 posts
914 upvotes
Ban him!!!!!!! Ban Chris from rfd!!!!!!!!
[OP]
Oct 22, 2009
63 posts
23 upvotes
Learza wrote: a well scripted sales pitch?
See the above posting just above. Obviously, your fingers react faster than your ability to think. Want to see a pic of my Invoice?
May 23, 2011
335 posts
185 upvotes
N/A
back to the deal . With $20 off $100, its not too bad tho. :D
Oct 24, 2012
360 posts
424 upvotes
Newmarket
I might have quick fingers however... I DO NOT INSULT other RFDers. Never. Do not call people names on here kid.
Junkie316 wrote: See the above posting just above. Obviously, your fingers react faster than your ability to think. Want to see a pic of my Invoice?
[OP]
Oct 22, 2009
63 posts
23 upvotes
ttktran wrote: back to the deal . With $20 off $100, its not too bad tho. :D
What deal are you talking about? I did ask for the anniversary discount and they said it is for select items only. I will wait to open the Graphics Card after seeing your reply!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2006
2154 posts
242 upvotes
Thornhill
Pretty good deal considering the limited stock at this time, I'm waiting for the G1 with just a little lower price point, I'll give it to like end of the year, not in a hurry.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2310 posts
407 upvotes
Total $418.50 shipped after taxes (after 20 dollar discount) to Toronto.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2009
63 posts
23 upvotes
Myv wrote: Pretty good deal considering the limited stock at this time, I'm waiting for the G1 with just a little lower price point, I'll give it to like end of the year, not in a hurry.
By year end, you are bound to have more options and better prices for sure. But if you need it urgently, my suggestion is a good option.
Talking of options, did you see the latest Mini-ITX from Gigabyte? See
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gigaby ... 27915.html
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1148 posts
346 upvotes
KW
Thanks OP ordered card with $20 anniversary coupon + 2.5% RFD cash back. IMPULSE BUY :)

Came to $418.50 before cash back.
Aug 18, 2014
370 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Should I buy one or wait till mid november when i going to start my build?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)