Home & Garden

Tile leveling system and spacers for 1/8" grout line -where can I buy this in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2021 7:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2020 posts
342 upvotes
East York, ON

Tile leveling system and spacers for 1/8" grout line -where can I buy this in GTA?

Ha!
I went to Home Depot and Lowes and they do not have the 1/8" model that you tighten with wedges and plyers.
I am looking for a couple of sources to buy these .

I could order from Amazon but it seems to be a hit and miss- there are scammers there that show plyers wedges and spacers in the prod description but if you check the reviews many don't receive all these. Just the spacers. I do not have time from games like this and I hate to see that Amazon tolerates this, I guess many of the ppl who ordered complained and requested a refund)

Also if you know of places where I can find more models of trims (edges, transitions or reducers) for tiles I would really appreciate the info...
Lots of crazy 💡
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6880 posts
2445 upvotes
GTA
Home Depot carries 1/8 tile levelling system, they also carry 1/16. Check online for a store near you that carries 1/8.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/qep-la ... 1001552288

I wouldn't buy no name from Amazon, if buying online get a decent brand name. When a level clip doesn't snap off clean during removal you must dig that plastic out from between tiles with an exacto blade before grouting-not fun.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2020 posts
342 upvotes
East York, ON
I must be blind, I was in store yesterday but I could not see those, they are red so it is hard to miss them.
Their website tells you which island which bay but in this case there is no info
Lots of crazy 💡
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1743 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
CuriousC wrote: I must be blind, I was in store yesterday but I could not see those, they are red so it is hard to miss them.
Their website tells you which island which bay but in this case there is no info
Ask the store?

Edit: looks like you can just order it online with free shipping to the store, so might as well do that. Free return if they aren't right....
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3006 posts
1752 upvotes
Mississauga
Both 1/8 and 1/16 are available at HD. They are sometimes just outside the tile aisles. Thats why it does not say which aisle and which bin on the website.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2020 posts
342 upvotes
East York, ON
IndyBeak wrote: Both 1/8 and 1/16 are available at HD. They are sometimes just outside the tile aisles. Thats why it does not say which aisle and which bin on the website.
Then how do you find them if they are not where they are supposed to be
Lots of crazy 💡
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3006 posts
1752 upvotes
Mississauga
CuriousC wrote: Then how do you find them if they are not where they are supposed to be
Look around or ask staff. As I said, it is usually kept just outside the tile aisle. Right around where you would enter that aisle.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2020 posts
342 upvotes
East York, ON
Smart advice thank you
Lots of crazy 💡
Mar 10, 2004
762 posts
274 upvotes
How do folks overcome the tile thickness issue for these levellers. If the tile thickness is too small u ll end up pushing the wedges right through the plastic pieces.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2020 posts
342 upvotes
East York, ON
they say on the bag what tile thickness they will work with
Lots of crazy 💡
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2020 posts
342 upvotes
East York, ON
found these at HD , they were in the next row in two large bins at the end of the row
Lots of crazy 💡
Sep 12, 2017
141 posts
80 upvotes
tempperm wrote: How do folks overcome the tile thickness issue for these levellers. If the tile thickness is too small u ll end up pushing the wedges right through the plastic pieces.
You step up to the big boy clip system from Perfect Level Master. The clips come in different heights for different ranges of tile thickness. I order the small clips for thinner backsplash/wall tiles and the standard height for the the thicker floor tiles.

CHM