Deal Link:
Price:
$50
Savings:
47% off
Retailer:
Tilley.com
More offers from Tilley.com
If you missed the Costco sale or didn't like the white colour Tilley has the same hat in light blue (sorry..."cloud blue"...) for $50 (marked down from $95) + shipping. I actually think this one is a price error because it's not listed as 'clearance'. If you're in the GTA I imagine you can pick it up at their Don Mills store to save shipping charges. Looks like only sizes 7 1/2 - 8 left in stock. https://www.tilley.com/ca_en/ltm6-airfl ... -blue.html

Also their similar style in organic cotton, purple, for $63, down from $105. https://www.tilley.com/ca_en/t5mo-organ ... urple.html . The purple looked better on me so that's the one I went for. BIG NOTE: this one is on clearance so it's final sale - no returns.

Finally, I guess I'm not in the target market for this one because I think it looks fugly as heck - but it's $42.50, half price (also on clearance). https://www.tilley.com/ca_en/taf101-algonquin.html

Another note: I had a staff person measure my head and she came up with the same size that I did when I did the DIY measurement with a piece of string. So if you're ordering online you should be pretty confident that your size will fit.

Enjoy!

If you are going to order online Rakuten has 2% CB.
18 replies
Jun 27, 2006
30 posts
46 upvotes
I got my Costco Tilley hat delivered today. Too small. I mean it fits, but I find it too snug. I did the string measurement and found myself between two sizes, so I went to the higher one, but I think anyone buying the LTM6 should plan to go a full size up. Returning mine.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17550 posts
9883 upvotes
Ottawa
yeah, the string measurement is only good if you really take into heart that the string should be loose. Going up a whole size might be a good rule in general
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Feb 14, 2018
475 posts
389 upvotes
Not a price error. They make them in China now.
They shouldn't be allowed to have the made in Canada logo at the bottom of the page.
Jan 12, 2007
36 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
563786243045216 wrote: Not a price error. They make them in China now.
They shouldn't be allowed to have the made in Canada logo at the bottom of the page.
Not all of them are made in China. As I understand it, if the material is polyester or combination thereof it's made in China. Each product does clearly state where it's made though and they do have Canadian made ones so check the description they are quite transparent about this.
Nov 20, 2014
51 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Agreed. The blanket 'Made in Canada' logo in their page footer is misleading.
Feb 14, 2018
475 posts
389 upvotes
quinkidink wrote:
Not all of them are made in China. As I understand it, if the material is polyester or combination thereof it's made in China. Each product does clearly state where it's made though and they do have Canadian made ones so check the description they are quite transparent about this.
Sorry just talking about the one one that appears after clicking "view deal".
It is made in China according to the description. Further down the page there is a made in Canada logo. I find this confusing.
Sep 1, 2010
108 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting, I bought two LTM6 last year. After seeing your post I went to take a look at them, and my hat which is the Rock Face colour says made in Canada on the inside. My wife's hat which is the newer Blue Spruce colour has different writing on the inside, and doesn't say anywhere on the hat where it was made. I assume this means it's a made in China one. She is displeased! haha

But perhaps this means if you get one of the older colours you may get one of the made in Canada older stock.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5089 posts
5821 upvotes
Alberta
spinnable wrote: I got my Costco Tilley hat delivered today. Too small. I mean it fits, but I find it too snug. I did the string measurement and found myself between two sizes, so I went to the higher one, but I think anyone buying the LTM6 should plan to go a full size up. Returning mine.
Same exact situation for me when I ordered my LTM5. I sized up when measuring in between, and it was also too tight. Had to buy another one size up from that and now I'm left with one I need to return to MEC next time I'm in the city.
Dec 29, 2007
579 posts
343 upvotes
I think I have 3 Tilley hats. I find them all a little hot. Don't expect too much airflow at all.
May 16, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
My Tilley hat was also way too tight even though I rounded up. Pretty silly advice to measure loose. When you measure something you want to find the actual size of something. I thought I measured loose but I guess not. Lucky I bought from Costco.
Dec 1, 2009
362 posts
385 upvotes
Ottawa
I got mine today. 7.5 size is perfect.
Doesn't matter where it's made as long as it's in good quality. Simply made in Canada won't guarantee its better than made in China
Mar 23, 2018
258 posts
98 upvotes
Yeah I was at the Don Mills location last week hunting for a hat for strawberry picking, ended up with the Algonquin. It’s definitely ugly - the light grey looks more like a dirty white grey. But I thought it was preferable to the blue one they had. I doubt it’ll get any use outside of other fruit picking excursions, but it did keep my head cooler than I thought. My head didn’t sweat too much despite being out in direct sunlight for 45 minutes in 32C weather.

I just picked up Eddie Bauer’s Exploration wide brim hat which looks like it might be cooler despite the lack of vents like the Tilley Airflow, but have yet to try it. Anyone here tried the EB Exploration? It’s lighter and cheaper and doesn’t look too bad.
Nov 14, 2006
536 posts
505 upvotes
Got my LTM-6 hat today and it fits! I measured with a fabric tape and had space for one finger-ish instead of two often stated. Played with the hat quite a bit and decided that this was a good deal for $50.

I already have a Columbia broad brim hat that is similar but it cost about $30 many years ago and no where near the Tilley quality or feature. Lifetime warranty should come in handy down the road, just like my 10 yrs warranty on Weber Grill that I scored on multiple free spare parts that were rusting. The warranty is carrying my BBQ to twelve years of operation, staying strictly outdoors in the Qc climate with a cover, with brand new burner plumbing parts replaced a few weeks ago.

My road test, walk around for an hour, was great as well. The hat is much lighter than my usual baseball cap, almost forgetting that you have it on.

I am a fan of this “old man” hat now.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2686 posts
375 upvotes
Mississauga
I suggest measure your heat very very loose....
Cuz I got the 7 3/4 but it's perfectly fit...
Had to order size 8 again and return the 7 3/4

When I measure it's already loose but I guess you need to be super loose...

It's nice hat for 50 bucks for sure
Nov 14, 2006
536 posts
505 upvotes
On LTM-6 hat front cord/strap storage, be careful with following Tilley’s instruction on storing it inside the pocket with Velcro strap. The fresh & strong Velcro strap chewed the edge of my cord/strap. My frayed front cord/strap edges had to be fixed with a lighter.

Wrapping the front and back cord/strap a few times in a tangle then put on the hat carefully might be the better way to go.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10070 posts
1943 upvotes
Toronto
My family went to the Tilley warehouse sale a few years ago and we bought a ton of them like seven different styles. Even waterproof ones for rain.

I can clearly tell you that the mesh they have allows no air to come in at all. I can literally blow into the mesh and you wouldn't feel much air on the other side with your hand.

I have to cool one that flips up on the sides and you can snap it on. Sure it looks cool but it's actually pretty hot so I barely use it at all You definitely cannot use it for summer and who wears a Tilley when it's snowing.

So yeah the name is cool but I find there's other cheaper and lighter hat that would work for the summer and is less hot.