Images
  • E31269B3-192C-4025-B21D-8D38CA09BB43.jpeg
72 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5089 posts
5821 upvotes
Alberta
Ordered and then returned the last time it was posted. Nothing like my other 3 "real" Tilley hats.
Jan 8, 2005
379 posts
53 upvotes
It's good enough for me cutting the lawn. I burn really bad - so I grabbed one a couple months ago. It's ok.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2065 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
Ready to see people buying a whole bunch and selling them for $30+ on FB marketplace or Kijiji
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2195 posts
1140 upvotes
Home
Lush78 wrote: Ordered and then returned the last time it was posted. Nothing like my other 3 "real" Tilley hats.
How do the 'real' ones differ?
Jan 31, 2022
508 posts
643 upvotes
For $20 these are great hats and have held their shape well for me this year.
They float, are light and provide a lot of coverage.

They don't have regular incremental sizing like the main stream tilly hats but one of mine was fitting a little large but a bit o sweat may have expanded the inner band.

Haters gonna hate.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5089 posts
5821 upvotes
Alberta
I RFD wrote:
How do the 'real' ones differ?
Fit mostly. My 3 are 7 1/8 fitted sizing. Not S/M or L/XL. The materials are much better and they are made in Canada with lifetime guarantee.
Last edited by Lush78 on Aug 9th, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 31, 2022
508 posts
643 upvotes
I RFD wrote: How do the 'real' ones differ?
Incremental sizing
, these ones you may have to pull out the foam and trim it up
, $70
, no lifetime warrant from what I could tell
, not a labour intense as many of their other hats like "airflow"
,tilly guy may say more.

Mine does not feel hot on my head at all and I have done 10K hikes in the sun and they are light.
Seriously, these are far better than what you will get anywhere else for $20.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1320 posts
2256 upvotes
I don't think people buy and wear these to be fashion icons or walk on a runway. They are a functional style and one that is still popular. These look like the same style as non "clearance" ones, so looks have nothing to do with the pricing. Somebody in a previous thread said they were a discontinued model. As for "real", both made in Canada and made in China ones not sold at Costco are more expensive than this, like $90-$100. Even on huge discounts at 50% off, they're still over double the price for one of these, to keep things in perspective.
Dec 1, 2009
362 posts
385 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought one a year ago. It’s great. Not sure why people call it gross.
I don’t care about if it’s fashion or not, or how others think as long as i like it.
Last edited by LeeCLeeC on Aug 9th, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5244 posts
2072 upvotes
Kitchener
For $30, it's a no. I returned mine and bought a $35 Outdoor Research Sombriolet which blows the Costco Tilley hat out of the water with better fit, easier care (machine washable), and better features (vents, mesh lining, elastic clinch).

But for $20, the Tilley is a deal I think. I haven't seen them in stock in Kitchener / Guelph in a long time though.
This space is intentionally left blank.
May 26, 2013
213 posts
330 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
i snagged one. honestly for a bush / trek hat its pretty good... lightweight, floatation pouch, draw strings. not the same quality as my old Tilley Hemp hat but good enough, and if you lose it you wont' feel bad.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5089 posts
5821 upvotes
Alberta
At $20, this is still a good deal if it fits. I paid $34 I think last time online and the fit was way off for me personally. The extra $15 each I spent for a T3 Wanderer and T1 Iconic was well worth it when Sporting Life had a deal of the day (50% off) last month. I was able to get them both in the same size as my LTM5. I would have probably kept the Costco model if it actually fit.
Last edited by Lush78 on Aug 9th, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 25, 2012
46 posts
52 upvotes
Brampton
I'll give one a try. Will go well with my $18 Tilley pants from last week's sale.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4074 posts
2095 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Got one of these hats a couple of months ago at regular price. Not the most fashionable or incredible material but who cares when you're caught in a rain storm without an umbrella, or out in the hot sun.

Would have liked to get it at the clearance price but they sold out long ago at the local Costco.

Thanks OP!
I can't afford to save that much!
Feb 28, 2021
331 posts
594 upvotes
Was thinking Star Trek. Was disappointed
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1901 posts
1766 upvotes
deals46 wrote: Got one of these hats a couple of months ago at regular price. Not the most fashionable or incredible material but who cares when you're caught in a rain storm without an umbrella, or out in the hot sun.

Would have liked to get it at the clearance price but they sold out long ago at the local Costco.

Thanks OP!
Same here. Bought in May @ 29.99 so too long for price match.

It's a good hat for canoeing and hiking which is all I wanted it for. Fits me fine. The Outdoor Research hat mentioned above might be better features but not my style at all
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7583 posts
4205 upvotes
West GTEH!
gulfan wrote: It's good enough for me cutting the lawn. I burn really bad - so I grabbed one a couple months ago. It's ok.
Yes. Probably use this for yard work outside my place. I normally wear a baseball cap.
😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)