Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2256 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Tim Hortons cold brew is hype

I don’t get it. It tastes like like coffee allowed to cool. I got it without sugar and I can taste subtle notes whereas their traditional brew is bitter and burnt. What this tastes like to me is like ordinary day old coffee of nondescript brand. I won’t be a repeat customer.
Images
  • image.jpg
11 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
8254 posts
2783 upvotes
0 downvotes
Oh my gosh I tried the Star Buck one last week and was amazed with it. I would definitely give the Tim Horton one a try. I am a recent new fan of Iced Coffee / Cold Coffee.
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
20999 posts
8052 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: Oh my gosh I tried the Star Buck one last week and was amazed with it. I would definitely give the Tim Horton one a try. I am a recent new fan of Iced Coffee / Cold Coffee.
Make note of how much ice is in the cup and report back. One of the greatest scams when selling iced coffee seems to be tons of ice in the cup and hardly any iced coffee.
That's why I like 7 11. They allow you to buy a full cup of iced coffee with no ice.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2256 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
playnicee1 wrote: Make note of how much ice is in the cup and report back. One of the greatest scams when selling iced coffee seems to be tons of ice in the cup and hardly any iced coffee.
That's why I like 7 11. They allow you to buy a full cup of iced coffee with no ice.
MyDicks allows you to get it with No ice, noice!
Images
  • EE9D8F00-A853-42D3-B361-15A0C42982D8.png
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
30918 posts
16565 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: I got it without sugar and I can taste subtle notes whereas their traditional brew is bitter and burnt.
All I could taste was burnt.
Based on the commercials I was expecting smooth. I actually recoiled when I first tasted it.
Smooth as broken glass and sandpaper.
Supercooled wrote:
MyDicks allows you to get it with No ice, noice!
While true, their "regular" ice isn't really that much ice.
I used to get no ice but it comes out slightly warm. Now I went back to putting regular ice in.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2256 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
death_hawk wrote: All I could taste was burnt.
Based on the commercials I was expecting smooth. I actually recoiled when I first tasted it.
Smooth as broken glass and sandpaper.

While true, their "regular" ice isn't really that much ice.
I used to get no ice but it comes out slightly warm. Now I went back to putting regular ice in.
Are they running the medium coffee / ice coffee for $1 in the west like they are here in Ontario?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
20999 posts
8052 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: While true, their "regular" ice isn't really that much ice.
@ 7 11 the iced coffee is always cold without needing any ice.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
30918 posts
16565 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Are they running the medium coffee / ice coffee for $1 in the west like they are here in Ontario?
Yup. I'm sad that their chocolate hazelnut isn't $1 though.
I'm the jerk that usually orders like 4 of them.
playnicee1 wrote: @ 7 11 the iced coffee is always cold without needing any ice.
While I like 7-Eleven for slush (their consistency is juuust right) their ice coffee is awful.
It tastes fake (probably because it's from concentrate) whereas McDonald's is just cold coffee.
Better than Tim's which is just burnt and bitter though.

Also ice maintains the cold. You don't need a full to the brim cup of ice, but some is nice.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
20999 posts
8052 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: While I like 7-Eleven for slush (their consistency is juuust right) their ice coffee is awful.
Oh really? Which flavour was that? Funny, I do agree one of the flavours just wasn't right, but the second of two (or 3) choices seemed to be just right.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
30918 posts
16565 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Oh really? Which flavour was that?
To be fair it has been a few years so I don't know if they changed their recipe but it was as close to "regular" as I could get.
So no caramel or whatever but I don't recall if their "base" flavor was "vanilla" or just like "iced coffee".

What did you like? For giggles I might try it when McDonalds kills their $1 coffees.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
20999 posts
8052 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: To be fair it has been a few years so I don't know if they changed their recipe but it was as close to "regular" as I could get.
So no caramel or whatever but I don't recall if their "base" flavor was "vanilla" or just like "iced coffee".

What did you like? For giggles I might try it when McDonalds kills their $1 coffees.
Yeah, I never did like one of their flavours from a few years ago either. It's important to know what's being offered in 2021.
I think it was their "Plain" that was awful, and discontinued, but I might be wrong.
I'll have to give 7 11 a visit soon and give the beverage another try.