Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tim Hortons

Dark roast small coffee $1, Sept.22-29, 2014

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2014 3:29 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
sf1 wrote: i was in downtown today,
there was actually more people at tim hortons paying for coffee than Mcd, which they are offering free coffee for the week.
is it nationwide???
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
501 wrote: is it nationwide???
Nvm, I reread the thread and the mcd free coffee promotion is at Winnipeg only,
no wonder there was no line up
Banned
Sep 15, 2014
12 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond, BC
whaz the difference between this dark roast and McDonald's ice coffee?
Oct 19, 2003
356 posts
167 upvotes
Don't get scammed like i did... Just bought 2 smalls thinking it would actually be bigger than the usual extra large.. LOL.. Cost 2.10 and its definetly smaller or the same as an extra large coffee..

How about timmies actually give a deal and not try to scam their loyal customers.. waits its just marketing:s
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Perhaps they should bring back the extra small size and offer that free.
I don't mind tims, but the donuts and fritters are crap.
On a side note had a brew from timothys the other day and it was not bad.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Enermac wrote: Don't get scammed like i did... Just bought 2 smalls thinking it would actually be bigger than the usual extra large.. LOL.. Cost 2.10 and its definetly smaller or the same as an extra large coffee..

How about timmies actually give a deal and not try to scam their loyal customers.. waits its just marketing:s
Who was making that claim? It's not a scam.
It's a conformation concept.
Why pay $1.80 for an extra large if you are not happy with the taste?
At least for a dollar ($1.05 after tax in Ontario) you get to learn for less what you like better.
BTW, Tim Horton's has the absolute best coffee.
How dare Starbucks try to lie and say that their blonde roast is the same thing? (as Tim's regular)
What a load of crap.
Keep on mind though, that my opinion on coffee is based on double double, so maybe McDonald's isn't doing the double double thing right.
Their coffee tasted like I was being served bottom of the pot slop.

My loyalty could also be surfacing based on places that do the cream and sugar for me.
Starbucks and Second cup don't offer that as an option.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote: Who was making that claim? It's not a scam.
At least for a dollar ($1.05 after tax in Ontario) you get to learn for less what you like better.
How dare Starbucks try to lie and say that their blonde roast is the same thing? (as Tim's regular)
What a load of crap.
Keep on mind though, that my opinion on coffee is based on double double, so maybe McDonald's isn't doing the double double thing right.

My loyalty could also be surfacing based on places that do the cream and sugar for me.
Anyone drinking double-double commenting on the taste of coffee has about as much credibility as someone commenting on Wagyu beef after drowning it in ketchup.

I'm not being mean, but how can you possibly know the difference between good and bad coffee after drinking that? Nobody knows if they're drinking a Chivas Royale 50yr or Black Grouse in a Scotch Ricky.

...there's a reason 90%+ of Tim Horton patrons ask for double-double.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: Anyone drinking double-double commenting on the taste of coffee has about as much credibility as someone commenting on Wagyu beef after drowning it in ketchup.

I'm not being mean, but how can you possibly know the difference between good and bad coffee after drinking that? Nobody knows if they're drinking a Chivas Royale 50yr or Black Grouse in a Scotch Ricky.

...there's a reason 90%+ of Tim Horton patrons ask for double-double.
+1

Same reason why Starbucks drinkers take their Venti Caramel Macchiatos and Raspberry White Mochas quintuple-quintuple.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1784 posts
652 upvotes
St. John's
Most flavourless dark roast ever!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Who was making that claim? It's not a scam.
What a load of crap.

I drink Timmy's and to be honest its the worst coffee on the market. Their dark roast barely taste like dark roast.
May 27, 2007
192 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
I actually think the dark roast is decent for chain coffee, and I drink it black. Tim's regular and McD's don't taste good to me.
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
498 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: My loyalty could also be surfacing based on places that do the cream and sugar for me.
starbucks and 2nd cup i dont think offer 18% table cream like tims.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
2556 posts
1619 upvotes
I find Timmy's new dark roast tastes similar McD's coffee. Just slightly less "burned".
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
433 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
LNahid2000 wrote: McDonalds' Coffee > Tim Hortons' Coffee
Coffee Time > Tim Horton's. Even with all the crackheads.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
433 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
r1lee wrote: I drink Timmy's and to be honest its the worst coffee on the market. Their dark roast barely taste like dark roast.
You know something's wrong with Tim's dark roast coffee when it barely tastes like dark roast yet makes your piss smell exactly like dark roast :confused:
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
^ funny!

Just tried my first dark roast tonight. Major disappointment. McDs is miles ahead in aroma and taste IMO

It's like tims tried to hard to keep that unique tims flavour (which is likely addictive for the regulars) at the expense of a quality new roast.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure it was posted but we totally get ripped off in Canada - was in Buffalo yesterday, their deal was a $1 Medium...not a small...AND McDonalds free coffee was any size!!!

Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
How is this a deal! The dark roast is pure crap. Tim Hortons coffee is complete garbage. They have brainwashed people into thinking this coffee is actually good. It tastes more like leftover expired crap.