Food & Drink

Tim Hortons' Flies Free with your Cup of Tea might Not be your Cup of Tea

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 5:06 am

Poll: Have you ever had a fly in your Timmies?

• Total votes: 3. You have voted on this poll.
Yes, but didn't care. It is protein.

33%
Yes and I was disgusted as well and complained.

0%
No, I guess I am just lucky!

33%
I don't go to Tim Horton's because they often have flies all over their doughnuts as it is.

33%
[OP]
Aug 4, 2021
1 posts

Tim Hortons' Flies Free with your Cup of Tea might Not be your Cup of Tea

Tim Horton's at the ONroute Tilbury North (Chatham-Kent, ON N0P 2L0) had flies which isn't new but even though the service is usually great this time it was a problem. On our way to the London hospital for a check up (mine), my mom who was driving and I both got drinks since I need to drink a lot of fluids for my new kidney transplant. I am immunosuppressed and just got out of the hospital 2 weeks ago for severe dehydration. The drink my mom got she was drinking when she suddenly had a fly in her mouth. She was so disgusted that she would not buy anything at Tim Horton's anymore on the way back home.

The Tim Horton's at ONroute West Lorne (290 ON-401, Dutton, ON N0L 1J0) had a lot more flies including in a butter container that was left open sitting out on the counter and no one was wiping the tables which were gross and sticky. A lady was going around only pushing chairs in.

On the way back home we stopped at the Tim Horton's (ONroute Tilbury South 62 Highway 401 Eastbound, Chatham-Kent, ON N0P 2L0 which she did not buy anything but I wanted a tea) and I was amazed how there were no flies. The lady there said they keep is real clean but even they have flies at times especially when real busy and there are crumbs on the floor. I told her how bad the other location was and how it was in my mom's tea and she did not realize (because it had a lid) until the fly was in her mouth while she was driving and almost threw up out of disgust. She sympathized with us and told us to contact the Tim Horton's head quarters number on the receipt which my mom does intend to do as soon as she is back home.

Sure flies might happen everywhere there is food and drink being served but the number can be cut down depending on the amount of cleaning and not leaving food out. But when they make you a tea and don't even notice a fly is inside the drink, that is just way too disgusting! Especially for someone with a very low immune system. When you know you have flies, you take precautions to keep an eye out that you don't serve the customer flies with their order. I don't care if they are free!
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9119 posts
2093 upvotes
Vancouver
WindsorGuest wrote: Tim Horton's at the ONroute Tilbury North (Chatham-Kent, ON N0P 2L0) had flies which isn't new but even though the service is usually great this time it was a problem. On our way to the London hospital for a check up (mine), my mom who was driving and I both got drinks since I need to drink a lot of fluids for my new kidney transplant. I am immunosuppressed and just got out of the hospital 2 weeks ago for severe dehydration. The drink my mom got she was drinking when she suddenly had a fly in her mouth. She was so disgusted that she would not buy anything at Tim Horton's anymore on the way back home.

The Tim Horton's at ONroute West Lorne (290 ON-401, Dutton, ON N0L 1J0) had a lot more flies including in a butter container that was left open sitting out on the counter and no one was wiping the tables which were gross and sticky. A lady was going around only pushing chairs in.

On the way back home we stopped at the Tim Horton's (ONroute Tilbury South 62 Highway 401 Eastbound, Chatham-Kent, ON N0P 2L0 which she did not buy anything but I wanted a tea) and I was amazed how there were no flies. The lady there said they keep is real clean but even they have flies at times especially when real busy and there are crumbs on the floor. I told her how bad the other location was and how it was in my mom's tea and she did not realize (because it had a lid) until the fly was in her mouth while she was driving and almost threw up out of disgust. She sympathized with us and told us to contact the Tim Horton's head quarters number on the receipt which my mom does intend to do as soon as she is back home.

Sure flies might happen everywhere there is food and drink being served but the number can be cut down depending on the amount of cleaning and not leaving food out. But when they make you a tea and don't even notice a fly is inside the drink, that is just way too disgusting! Especially for someone with a very low immune system. When you know you have flies, you take precautions to keep an eye out that you don't serve the customer flies with their order. I don't care if they are free!
Similar case in British Columbia. There was an old lady who swallowed a fly;

I don't know why she swallowed a fly - Perhaps she'll die!
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10442 posts
4550 upvotes
This reminds me of. Scottish childrens book I used to read my Boys......
Aug 27, 2010
498 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
This reminds me of the dinners scene where the guy gives mouth to mouth on the dead fly, then he eats it.