• Sep 5th, 2021 7:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22764 posts
176189 upvotes
GTA

[Tim Hortons] Free Donut with Drink Purchase [via app]

Looks like the free donut with the purchase of a drink offer at Tim's is back for the long weekend (valid until Monday). Valid for app orders only. Can be redeemed multiple times but restricted to one per person, per 30 minute period.
Images
  • unnamed.png
  • unnamed-2.png
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8942 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Ooh looks like it works with the premium donuts too.
Aug 5, 2017
210 posts
171 upvotes
you can stack this with your tims points if you have any.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22764 posts
176189 upvotes
GTA
CHINAdeals wrote: Ooh looks like it works with the premium donuts too.
Good opportunity to see if you would be willing to pay regular price for them. While I don't order their donuts that often, I tried the Chocolate Truffle last time and I was not that impressed - honestly didn't feel like it was any better / special than the regular chocolate donuts. It was like a regular donut that they were trying to dress up with some cream/frosting on top and a fancy box, lol.
Nov 30, 2016
733 posts
790 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
toguy wrote: Good opportunity to see if you would be willing to pay regular price for them. While I don't order their donuts that often, I tried the Chocolate Truffle last time and I was not that impressed - honestly didn't feel like it was any better / special than the regular chocolate donuts. It was like a regular donut that they were trying to dress up with some cream/frosting on top and a fancy box, lol.
Very hit and miss I've found, not sure if sometimes they're just sitting there longer than other donuts but they often seem to taste staler than regular donuts.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1892 posts
3632 upvotes
Ontario
Got this by accident this morning. Got my coffee and donut, and it came saying the donut was free. Which I thought it was using my reward pts, even though I usually bank them. I was confused, and just went ahead with it. Got the notification hours later about the free donut with coffee.

Only every 30mins. lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8942 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote: Good opportunity to see if you would be willing to pay regular price for them. While I don't order their donuts that often, I tried the Chocolate Truffle last time and I was not that impressed - honestly didn't feel like it was any better / special than the regular chocolate donuts. It was like a regular donut that they were trying to dress up with some cream/frosting on top and a fancy box, lol.
Solid review. McDonald's has those mini donuts too but I've also heard they aren't great either. The crown for accessible fast food donut still up for grabs.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2741 posts
2339 upvotes
Prince George
CHINAdeals wrote: Solid review. McDonald's has those mini donuts too but I've also heard they aren't great either. The crown for accessible fast food donut still up for grabs.
I've tried the McD mini donuts a couple of times now when there's an offer... I keep thinking "I must have remembered wrong. They can't be *that* bad surely?" But yes. They are that bad. Every time. LOL

I agree the Tim's dream donuts are nothing special. Good if you need a little added sugar but really they're just slightly dressed up regular donuts. Of course if they're all free you might as well give them a try.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2316 posts
1775 upvotes
Niagara, ON
I don't know if it's just my local Tim's, but since the pandemic the experience of using the app has dropped.

I used to be able to place an order for pickup in the app 2 minutes before I arrive, walk in and pick up my order sitting on the designated pick-up area.

Now, when I arrive I don't see my order on the counter and have to wait in line (like a chump). When I get to the front of line they either start to prepare my order then, or reach back behind them and pass me my order which they did prepare for me, but not put it on the counter.

Same timing when placing my order in the app.

Now I just place the order for drive thru pickup. Orders seem to be more accurate when placing mobile order vs placing order in drive thru
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3930 posts
2689 upvotes
Ontario
If I buy a better Coffee say from McDonalds can I come by and pick up my stale doughnut?
---
Nov 26, 2003
172 posts
66 upvotes
Vancouver
can't get it to stack with points redeem for drink and free dream donut
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4558 posts
2849 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
frenk927 wrote: you can stack this with your tims points if you have any.
Can ya post an example (Screenshot)? Doesn't seem to work for me. Redeeming for Free Coffee, but donut isn't free. If I change points to bank, it makes the donut free..
😱
Mar 7, 2020
137 posts
192 upvotes
The McD' donuts are probably the biggest joke in the fast food industry. Small, over priced, dry, with a gross taste...I'm actually shocked they haven't given up on these!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1627 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
frenk927 wrote: you can stack this with your tims points if you have any.
I just tried but didn't work.
Chose Tim points for cold brew. Only got reward for dream donut
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1366 posts
2161 upvotes
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Jul 29, 2018
74 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
I simply did not allow the app access to my location. If you're super paranoid (like I am, but not about this) you can use an old or cheap phone for intrusive apps. I do so for tiktok.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1019 posts
698 upvotes
Redeemed this yesterday but it did not work today. Not sure if it is at all locations or if it is a one time use.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1627 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
mmj125 wrote: I simply did not allow the app access to my location. If you're super paranoid (like I am, but not about this) you can use an old or cheap phone for intrusive apps. I do so for tiktok.
And does not have location/gps setting... Simply said those $30flip phones. Better yet also having a lot of quarters to use at a payphone also. But again, satellite images like street view, an island. Who knows, some people think of conspiracies of the vaccine having some sort of chip so better living in a civilization with no vaccination. Kind of like the society that can escape from danger like Quiet Place 2